Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Only-Visitors restriction.  (Read 1459 times)

Liamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Only-Visitors restriction.
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:15:23 am »

Similar to only-citizens restriction for locations. I want a library for my appointed schoolar and visitors, but I do not want all of my dwarves wasting their entire time there. Similarly, I want a tavern for visitors, but I do not want locals to die there when half the guests turn into werehares.

I imagine this was suggested before but my search turned up with nothing.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Only-Visitors restriction.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:22:48 am »

+1 I don't think I would use it myself, but the lack of and option for it is strange for sure, and it should theoretically be extremely easy to enable.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 08:32:56 am »

Personally, I would love this.

I would also exploit this by setting visitor only taverns on enemies to weaken them up.

Liamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:57:04 am »

I already do that. Taverns are usually full of mostly visitors and you can save your dwarves with an alert then just delete the tavern zone, make a new one on top of enemies and all visitors politely go get slaughtered.

fortunawhisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 01:18:35 pm »

I'd also suggest a 'only specific citizens' restriction, like the current burrow or workshop lists. I keep wishing I had a way to send the dwarves to specific taverns without having to implement burrows for all citizens. For instance, all my stressed dwarves should only hang out in the tavern where everyone is wearing full armor all the time.