Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not getting sieges / Skeleton invader bug  (Read 1358 times)

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not getting sieges / Skeleton invader bug
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:12:16 pm »

I was attacked in my 1st year by skeleton invaders. They spawned in at the maps edge and then after unpausing they disappeared after a little bit of time leaving behind all their equipment. I think this is some sort of conflict with the Starving Dead script. Since then, I have not been attacked and I'm in my 5th year now. It does not say SIEGE on the UI anymore however every time I load my game it says "A vile force of darkness has arrived!".

I'm surrounded by plenty of evil sites that are very close by, so I should be getting sieges and stuff. I've been waiting for some fun to cull my population of useless dwarves and test the might of my legendary hammerdwarves but I'm stuck fighting silverfish and centaurs..

Is there something I can do to fix this ( the skeleton despawning issue and not getting more sieges )?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:37:14 pm by runedog48 »

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not getting sieges / Skeleton invader bug
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 01:52:19 pm »

I was attacked in my 1st year by skeleton invaders. They spawned in at the maps edge and then after unpausing they disappeared after a little bit of time leaving behind all their equipment. I think this is some sort of conflict with the Starving Dead script. Since then, I have not been attacked and I'm in my 5th year now. It does not say SIEGE on the UI anymore however every time I load my game it says "A vile force of darkness has arrived!".

I'm surrounded by plenty of evil sites that are very close by, so I should be getting sieges and stuff. I've been waiting for some fun to cull my population of useless dwarves and test the might of my legendary hammerdwarves but I'm stuck fighting silverfish and centaurs..

Is there something I can do to fix this ( the skeleton despawning issue and not getting more sieges )?

Evil regions have nothing to do with sieges. At all. That has to do with hostile civ sites that are in range with you or that you've provoked with your own military assaults.

My guess from hearing about other peoples' MDF play is that the starving dead script is making the skeletons evaporate when they enter your map. Try turning it off. It could also be that the civ trying to siege you is bugging out, in which case I'd advise disabling it and loading a new world.

I play a personalized version of MDF and get sieged repeatedly every year (average of 3, and each is serious business). If you want an explanation of how to set that up then PM me.