Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Consistent crash in Winter of 7th year (error log+save)  (Read 1386 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Consistent crash in Winter of 7th year (error log+save)
« on: April 05, 2019, 04:50:47 pm »

For some reason the game crashes at the same point in winter on the 7th year every time on my latest save. I don't think it's dwarf related because I put everyone in a burrow and canceled all their jobs but it's still crashing. After cleaning out the error log the only thing remaining is this.
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1-00008-10-01/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
undefined local creature material set to default: ZM5_SILITHID HARDENED_LEATHER
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity NIGHTCREATURE
Unrecognized entity creature token: NIGHTCREATURE
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity TITANS
Unrecognized entity creature token: TITAN

The geldable part appears to be harmless according to this post and the crash sounds very similar but not exactly to what Golbolco is experiencing. I have a 3x3 embark though, not a larger one like they do.
Does anyone have an idea on what I might need to do to stop the crashes/salvage the save?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:05:07 am by xominxac »

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Consistent crash in Winter of 7th year (error log+save)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:54:11 am »

Game tries to spawn a creature with an undefined token. You are probably getting visited by a titan with a bug on it.
Might wanna check the files in the save game and data to see where this token is and then correct it. Might not fix the save game, but any new fort should be free of it.

it might take a while to find which entry is the issue, tho.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Consistent crash in Winter of 7th year (error log+save)
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 01:45:06 pm »

Game tries to spawn a creature with an undefined token. You are probably getting visited by a titan with a bug on it.
Might wanna check the files in the save game and data to see where this token is and then correct it. Might not fix the save game, but any new fort should be free of it.

it might take a while to find which entry is the issue, tho.

You can get a different Megabeast/Titan by killing the game though right? I've had a wyvern megabeast spawn on another save and I wasn't prepared to face a flying one so I killed the game and after restarting it I got a rat forgotten beast instead.