Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Cultured Mod 0.47.04 (3.0 Release! Bug Fixes! New Features!)  (Read 6020 times)

Pookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cultured Mod 0.47.01
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 10:11:16 pm »

Alright, did some actual testing, including hacking dwarves to be various sexualities: even if I made every single one fully bisexual and had only two men out of 7, I still got more babies than I wanted, because... well, turns out a lot of babies happen in general, because units are far, far more likely to take lovers and will take far more lovers than before. I'd say the effect is negligible if it exists at all.

Their family trees certainly seem to be a lot more vast with the change in question. In one example a dwarf who was born in the year 16, at 36 years of age had 74 family members including a handful of half-sisters and half-brothers. This dwarf was a necromancer and had no children of their own. I don't think messing around with hacks is a fair representation of the mod itself. You'd need to actually try it and compare for yourself.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Cultured Mod 0.47.04 (3.0 Release! Bug Fixes! New Features!)
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 06:41:03 pm »

Yeah, that happens in vanilla DF as it is now. You're describing ordinary DF behavior.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 05:57:06 pm »

is there a way to disable the sexuality measure?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 12:08:16 am »

For goblins, I suggest back them immortality, but add needs to eat and drink. About sexual orientation, I suggest one change: creatures are 0:0:100 for another gender and vanilla 75:25:5 to same gender, so this save your added family trees, but back bisexual citizens chance. Also I suggest to remove steel from humans, due to steel was invented later, real humans had no steel when they have tech level like in game. Will be better add steel to goblins, due to they don't make bronze for weapons (like african people who have steel and invent it before bronze).

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2020, 09:11:34 am »

For goblins, I suggest back them immortality, but add needs to eat and drink. About sexual orientation, I suggest one change: creatures are 0:0:100 for another gender and vanilla 75:25:5 to same gender, so this save your added family trees, but back bisexual citizens chance. Also I suggest to remove steel from humans, due to steel was invented later, real humans had no steel when they have tech level like in game. Will be better add steel to goblins, due to they don't make bronze for weapons (like african people who have steel and invent it before bronze).

i second this 100% because bisexuality is actually far more common than you think.
Pages: 1 [2]