Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fender Bender  (Read 2195 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Fender Bender
« on: April 12, 2019, 11:47:29 am »

Ugh.

I scratched a parked car and then backed up and dented another today. It was documented, an officer was there, insurance information was exchanged. I feel so fucking bad. I just wanted to vent about this, I can't even believe I hit either car--I've never even been in an accident before. And when the officer was talking to the other people in question, I could hear them laughing at me--I almost cried when the officer asked me if there was anybody who could drive me home, I've never felt so incompetent.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Fender Bender
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 11:56:07 am »

Let me tell you one thing: accidents are statistically likely to happen in your life. I myself have been in two, both minor (luckily). Now, the people laughing at you are assholes.

Know this: you are perfectly fine not knowing what to do regarding your first accident. For me, it felt like I had broken a sacred fucking vow or something. Driving culture sucks.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 12:30:22 pm »

Thanks my dude, it is very nice to hear that.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:56:29 pm »

Been there, done that. Last time I backed in to someone's car in a grocery store parking lot, because we were both backing out at the same time.

Just use it as a life lesson when driving: look, then look again, then move, and keep looking.

Or as my mom put it "Look left, look right, then look left again before you turn."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti