Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to implement pseudoslavery or just slavery?  (Read 2216 times)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
Is there a way to implement pseudoslavery or just slavery?
« on: March 09, 2019, 04:16:43 pm »

I've been playing a goblin fort for a while now and I've been implementing a lot of cage traps into my defenses, which usually ensnare the human invaders that attack. However, I've wanted to train/tame these humans into slaves. Considering I also want to play a human on the same world, and that making sentient beings a [pet] has disastrous results (not being able to assign jobs to them or make them nobles), is there some convoluted series of tokens or some specific tokens that one could put on all races to make them trainable into a slavesque state?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to implement pseudoslavery or just slavery?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 04:39:20 pm »

As you've mentioned yourself, short of adding PET or PET_EXOTIC to them, no.

The only option open to you is to ask in the DFHack thread, since I know for sure some DFHack-using mods can do what you want. Boltgun's Succubi come to mind.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 08:33:31 pm »

Okay, but what if you were to do that anyway and make it to where they were an evil only pet like trolls so only goblins or other similarly evil races could have said a "slave human" who was an enslaved version of normal humans.
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:38:14 pm »

Oh yeah if you're willing to go the owned intelligent pet method then you can make a reaction to transform the humans you've captured into human slaves. Though, I'm not sure how that all works. You're probably going to want DFhack for that. Last I remember transformations were inconsistent, and there might be issues with loyalty.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 03:56:32 pm »

Could you make a slave syndrome? Erases/adds tags to make them good slaves?

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 03:57:38 pm »

Pity you cant have a custom whip material that imparts said syndrome...

Emperor Sheev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 04:07:54 pm »

Oh yeah if you're willing to go the owned intelligent pet method then you can make a reaction to transform the humans you've captured into human slaves. Though, I'm not sure how that all works. You're probably going to want DFhack for that. Last I remember transformations were inconsistent, and there might be issues with loyalty.

I don't think you can spawn creatures with reactions without DF Hack. Maybe you could make a special trap component, whose material has a syndrome that transforms humans into mindless thralls. Then, you would have to capture the thralls and tame them. Just an idea.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 11:42:15 pm »

I don't think you can spawn creatures with reactions without DF Hack. Maybe you could make a special trap component, whose material has a syndrome that transforms humans into mindless thralls. Then, you would have to capture the thralls and tame them. Just an idea.
You can spawn creatures without DFHack, it's just the single most difficult thing to mod into the game with just raws. Anyway that's not relevant because all they need to do is transform humans into thralls, like I said. It should be easier, but exactly as I said in my last comment, I remember there being some issues with it being inconsistent. Like what you do is you have the reaction create a boulder that instantly vaporizes and becomes a gas that carries a syndrome which transforms the target creature, but the problem is sometimes it just doesn't work anymore. Nobody's sure why. It's possible it was fixed though, it has been a few years.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 05:59:39 am »

You can spawn creatures without DFHack, it's just the single most difficult thing to mod into the game with just raws. Anyway that's not relevant because all they need to do is transform humans into thralls, like I said. It should be easier, but exactly as I said in my last comment, I remember there being some issues with it being inconsistent. Like what you do is you have the reaction create a boulder that instantly vaporizes and becomes a gas that carries a syndrome which transforms the target creature, but the problem is sometimes it just doesn't work anymore. Nobody's sure why. It's possible it was fixed though, it has been a few years.
Someone, I forget who, figured out why it doesn't work sometimes: unless a creature has NOBREATHE, then it actually has to breathe. But it doesn't does so every tick. So if you are unlucky, the stone can evaporate completely in the "not-breathing" ticks and thus not take effect.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?