Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Liberty Company: Grunts styled, WW2 RTD (Dead)  (Read 3455 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Liberty Company: Grunts styled, WW2 RTD (Dead)
« on: April 12, 2019, 06:41:16 pm »

The year is 1941. It's the night before D-day. All around are festivities for a battle against little resistance.
   The plan was to roll up on the beaches en mass and storm the poorly equipped and understaffed Wehrmacht on the cliffs. And with bombing of their positions happening in a few hours, followed by a long shelling, the germans would undoubtedly prove no match for the might of America (and Britain and its Commonwealth).
   Meanwhile, the airforce is having troubles finding their targets due to an unexpected cloud cover. Their bombs are way off target, unbeknownst to them and the infantry.
   The shelling begins, but is largely ineffective.
   The first wave begins its trek to the beach.

Will you survive?

Hello. Back again, as there is a lull in work. This is gonna be a Grunts styled, Saving Private Ryan (the opening scene) themed, WW2 game. I'm expecting extremely high mortality.

If I feel this is well received, I'll put more in than just the beach assault, but that's what I want for now. I'll start when I have at least 6 people ready to face certain death.

Anywho, enjoy the action.

Spoiler: Explanation of Terms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:13:16 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty Company: Grunts styled, WW2 RTD (0/6 required to begin)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 08:00:28 pm »

Eh, we’re doing this again!
Well, not exactly, it’s not Seltsame Insel completely, but oh well.
Could I get some explanations for some of the stuff in the character sheet? Specifically things like the rating/MOS and some gun examples.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 08:07:30 pm »

Could I get some explanations for some of the stuff in the character sheet? Specifically things like the rating/MOS and some gun examples.

Your character's rating would pertain to their position in the armed forces: Private, Sergeant, etc.
Since it's Grunt themed, you'll probably want to stick to enlisted ranks.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 11:48:38 pm »

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:55:49 am by sprinkled chariot »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 05:52:22 am »

Your character's rating would pertain to their position in the armed forces: Private, Sergeant, etc.
Since it's Grunt themed, you'll probably want to stick to enlisted ranks.

Wrong. That's rate. Your rating/MOS is what your job is for Navy/Army, Marines, and Army-Air Force respectively. You give me your MOS code, I'll look it up, give me a rate and except for specific rates, i should know what your job is.
If you choose to be something like YN (Yeoman(Paper pushing admin type)), then i would describe you like that guy from Saving Private Ryan who had a very similar job.

Eh, we’re doing this again!
Well, not exactly, it’s not Seltsame Insel completely, but oh well.

So, I plan on making this a lot more simple, so that way I can not lose the motivation like I did with Seltsame Insel. Twice.
Gun examples would be anything from the 1911, to the Browning 1919. Unlike the previous times, you can hip/shoulder fire medium/heavy machine guns. I also will not be making stats for each.

[

I like your enthusiasm. Canteen is a water bottle used by our troops.
If you could clean it up a bit by removung the random text I put, that would be great.
Also, for your MOS, I need you to pick an MOS code. If you have trouble with that, tell me what you want your guy to do for the Marines and i can get that for you.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 12:41:48 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 03:10:47 pm »

Edited sheet. Don't know about mos codes, what is usmc mos code for ordinary servicemen?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty Company: Grunts styled, WW2 RTD (1/6 required to begin)
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 03:15:34 pm »

Edited sheet. Don't know about mos codes, what is usmc mos code for ordinary servicemen?

Uh. So General infantry? 0311 (Rifleman) Fix that and you're good to go.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 04:19:53 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 04:38:38 pm »

If I wanted to pretty much recreate my Seltsame Insel character (paratrooper radio guy), what would I put for rate and rating?

Additionally, given that character sheet appearance just says “be humanoid at least”: what is your opinion on aarakocra? (I literally just though of this just so we’re clear)

EDIT: alternately, a sharpshooter maybe. For the rate/rating thing, not appearance and species.

EDIT2: By the way, I think I may have told you this before, but I’ve got a Discord for Bay12 forum games and RTDs. Do you want a link?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:49:11 pm by Glass »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty Company: Grunts styled, WW2 RTD (2/6 required to begin)
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 05:49:48 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

I love it.

If I wanted to pretty much recreate my Seltsame Insel character (paratrooper radio guy), what would I put for rate and rating?

Additionally, given that character sheet appearance just says “be humanoid at least”: what is your opinion on aarakocra? (I literally just though of this just so we’re clear)

EDIT: alternately, a sharpshooter maybe. For the rate/rating thing, not appearance and species.

EDIT2: By the way, I think I may have told you this before, but I’ve got a Discord for Bay12 forum games and RTDs. Do you want a link?

For the races/species you can be, go wild, as I care not. You could be anywhere between a four foot tall raccoon to a 12 foot giant/ogre.
So, for a combat radioman, is 0621 for Marines, 25C for Army, or RM or IT for Navy (Both would be Greenside, so I'm not sure if there would be a better rate.)
For a sharpshooter, 0317 for Marines, (I couldn't find a specific one) 11b/c for Army, or UCT (Seal), MA (Master at Arms), or HM (Corpsman(Greenside)) (Best fits) for Navy.
And shoot me that link, though I might not join it, as I'm not sure how long it will be before I'm aboard my new ship and I'd rather not be that dude who joins and never does anything.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 06:46:01 pm »

Here's the Discord link. And don't worry about being inactive, there's several people like that there. It's really not an issue.

I will set up a sheet soon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 05:48:26 am »

For the races/species you can be, go wild, as I care not. You could be anywhere between a four foot tall raccoon to a 12 foot giant/ogre.
Ooh that means I can be a secret lizard man.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 06:02:03 am »

Ooh that means I can be a secret lizard man.

You can be a lizard man with no disguise if you so choose.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 06:21:12 am »

I'll probably stay a secret lizard for a bit, then reveal my lizardness later, if I live long enough.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2019, 06:22:23 am »

I'll probably stay a secret lizard for a bit, then reveal my lizardness later, if I live long enough.

Very well. If this game lasts long enough for you to reveal, then I look forward to it.
Pages: [1] 2