Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hauling Route Design (not solved)  (Read 756 times)

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hauling Route Design (not solved)
« on: April 13, 2019, 03:08:00 pm »

Is there a way to design a hauling route to have the cart stop multiple times along a route, depositing/picking up different things in different stockpiles? How would I do this?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:27:57 pm by NEANDERTHAL »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling Route Design
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 03:59:29 pm »

Yes. I've never done it, but by having route stops set to take from stockpiles and/or give to stockpiles at different route stops you can get dorfs to load and unload things at them. You need to have it being different things, though, and manual unloading takes the same time as manual loading, while a simple dumping action is immediate. Also, getting the departure conditions to work properly is bound to be tricky.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling Route Design
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 04:44:52 pm »

Back at it again, how do I specify for carts to wait until a specific set of items is removed? I can set to wait until full of desired items, but for dropping items off it seems that I can only specify items I want to keep, not what I wish to be gone from the cart.
Moreover, does 100%/75%/50%/25%/0% refer to the percentage of desired items(when 'desired items' is selcted) out of the cart's current load or out of the cart's capacity?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:33:51 pm by NEANDERTHAL »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling Route Design (not solved)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 04:48:35 pm »

The load percentages ought to be out of full capacity, or you'd always fulfill the condition if only a single type is selected (100% of the loaded items are of the single desired category) if anything is loaded, but they tend to full the carts up to my desired percentage  even with a single category.

I'm not sure how to control departure based on unloading, but suspect you'd have to use a timed departure. Alternatively you could dump everything and reload the stuff you want to travel further (saves the unloading time of the items you actually want to unload, but costs the time it takes to load the rest back on. If you want to unload more than half of it you're saving time, assuming you wanted the things where they end up being dumped, rather than hauled elsewhere).