Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Mad Castle : Round 4  (Read 14144 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 04:55:49 pm »

Build my throne aboveground at coordinate 64,25

The throne is covered in plated gold, with hieroglyphics depicting a number of cloaked figures worshiping and praising the sun. The room surrounding the gilded throne is completely open, with no walls or ceiling surrounding it, just a floor in the shape of a round lens made out of citrine colored glass, which tints and focuses the light from the sun, coloring everything beneath the throne yellow. At the end of the room/platform a ropes made of gold straw that hang off the edge, allowing people to climb up to the top.

The room is held a loft by pillar made out of blacken marble, with veins of gold running through it like ore through rock. The pillar is cleanly cut, with curving lines that loop around the pillar. The carvings near the top expand outward to from a picture of hands reaching down, the fingertips aflame with fire and specks of gold.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:57:29 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 05:33:55 pm »

Make a huge golden room with a huge golden throne in it. Put a sassy cyberskeleton on the throne.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 05:42:58 pm »

Make a huge golden room with a huge golden throne in it. Put a sassy cyberskeleton on the throne.
God-emperor damnit Paris.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 05:48:41 pm »

The throne is covered in plated gold, with hieroglyphics depicting a number of cloaked figures worshiping and praising the sun. The room surrounding the gilded throne is completely open, with no walls or ceiling surrounding it, just a floor in the shape of a round lens made out of citrine colored glass, which tints and focuses the light from the sun, coloring everything beneath the throne yellow. At the end of the room/platform a ropes made of gold straw that hang off the edge, allowing people to climb up to the top.

The room is held a loft by pillar made out of blacken marble, with veins of gold running through it like ore through rock. The pillar is cleanly cut, with curving lines that loop around the pillar. The carvings near the top expand outward to from a picture of hands reaching down, the fingertips aflame with fire and specks of gold.

Designate the area where you want your room built Paris.

And lay off the the gold theme you scrub, I've already called dibs on the Sun/Gold/Light themes gosh dang-it.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 06:55:36 pm »

6,79. Build my Throne Room, and build a Bedroom at 7,79. The first rooms of my soon to be Castle. At the moment, it's more tower-y though.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 11:13:37 pm »

Build a throne at 70, 2.

The throne itself is a black mass of outsize limbs, mandibles and layers of chitinous armour, the endlessly decomposing corpse of some incomprehensible insect deity, slain and forced into a crude seat. The creature's unformed young have hatched half-made inside its body, and crawl ceaselessly through the cramped passages, scraping at the slowly rotting flesh.

The rest of the room is composed of rough earth, glowing fungi on the domed ceiling offering the only light. Countless insects of all descriptions crawl upon the walls, some the size of cats, while the husks of countless more are piled deep across the floor.
[4]

The throne of Infinite edge is placed in a fitting hole lit by luminous mushrooms. Truly a great place to hide from the sun and write poetry about how terrible the world is and how misunderstood you are.

Build Life throneroom at 2,5
(I’m assuming I can include a secret room, if not then keep the surface room and ignore the secret part)
On the surface, a lush and exotic garden/zoo. Flowers, trees, fungi, and other less easily describable things are in abundance. As well as animals and other creatures in pretty gilded cages. Butterflys and bees and birds fly about. However, underneath the garden, accessible through secret doors, labs and test chambers are hidden, the animals from above are corrupted into new beautiful, terrible shapes.
The throne is made out of a tree shaped to look like a throne, and contains a secret passage to the labs underneath.
-edit- if the room expands enough to encroach on the basement room, just have the garden ramp up to a terraced garden on top of the other room.
[6]

The throne of growth is placed within a massive living tree, hidden away in the depths of its hollow trunk.

[5]
The Incandescent throne is perched up upon its absurdly elaborate lens which is in turn placed upon an equally elaborate pillar. Truly a wonderful, audacious, and rather self important thing to behold.

Its pillar is also bigger than that of the throne of randomness. 

Not that such a thing means anything...Just saying is all.

6,79. Build my Throne Room, and build a Bedroom at 7,79. The first rooms of my soon to be Castle. At the moment, it's more tower-y though.
Is this in y,x or x,y style?  Horizontal then vertical or vertical then horizontal?

Need a coordinate.

https://i.imgur.com/xAyoPCN.png

Oooone moreeeeeee

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2019, 11:33:32 pm »

bam

At 6,55 build the WALL THRONE, then BUILD A BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL and MAKE THE OTHER PLAYERS PAY FOR IT to MAKE THE CASTLE GREAT AGAIN.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:35:45 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 11:35:40 pm »

Build Throne, 15 2, it is a Large Square wooden thing of questionable origin.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 11:37:02 pm »

Action for dev:
"Build a courtyard, at 54, 6, and fill it with flowerbeds that emit sleeping gas.  It will also have small, sharp-toothed gerbils that will finish off any unwary intruders.  It'll be open to the sky, and decorated with stone statues of angels.  If it reaches the pillar to the left, build an empty archway through it."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 11:45:20 pm »

Yeah, no, bury the “snek pit”, that’s all absolute shit.

Addendum: have all the people who constructed it executed for treason. That is not even slightly what I designed.
@piecewise you seem to have missed a thing to do
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 11:54:09 pm »

(Gotta wait for the next turn, Glass.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 09:35:33 am »

Is this in y,x or x,y style?  Horizontal then vertical or vertical then horizontal?

?.6 is the Y coordinate, 79 it's X coordinate. Good Point though.

X,Y. 79,6. 79,7. Up we go.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 11:35:09 am »

Action for dev:
"Build a courtyard, at 54, 6, and fill it with flowerbeds that emit sleeping gas.  It will also have small, sharp-toothed gerbils that will finish off any unwary intruders.  It'll be open to the sky, and decorated with stone statues of angels.  If it reaches the pillar to the left, build an empty archway through it."
This one was technically first, I simply overlooked it.

[5]
The throne of Rest is constructed within a field of sleeping gas flowers and angry rodents.

That's round complete!

Lets see....

My natural inclination is to go for the Snek pit but its creator hates it and it was a mistake so He'll probably pave over it next round. Of the rooms created so far I think I like The throne of Rest's flower field best. This is a castle for murder after all and all these little bunkers are not terribly murderous. Even still, putting people to sleep is a rather boring way to kill them. No swinging pendulum blades, just a rodenty nap. Still, I guess its better than nothing.

Dev of the Throne of Rest moves on.  Lets spin the wheel of violent succession!

And it looks like....[4] Glass of the throne of Perversion has been beheaded by a riotous horde of Serpent prostitutes! Unfortunate, I was interested where he would go with that. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be back.

New space goes to TricMagic, with the waitlist as follows:
Parisbre
Egan
Crazyabe

Round two! Remember, you have to build out from your own rooms or through rooms connected to your rooms. No isolated rooms. Assume that tunnels, passages, supports, stairs, etc will automatically be added as need if not specifically stated.

https://i.imgur.com/VSV0LHy.png

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle : Round 2
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 12:44:04 pm »

Build a room that goes from 60,25 to 40,24, precariously balanced on top of the thin stone pillar. It will be a large circular room in constant rotation like a wheel, with the floor decorated with black and red tiles in a checkered pattern. Inside, there will be large spiked balls that constantly roll in a clockwise direction, crushing any intruders that dare enter the throne room. The throne will be at the center, and it's surrounding area will be a safe zone from the rolling spiked balls.

Basically, a huge roulette of death with spiked balls. Since I'm of the throne of Randomness, I have to implement randomness in my castle in some way.

Also, add a flagpole on top of 50,25, because screw the throne of Incandescence.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle : Round 2
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 01:32:30 pm »

Why am I not on the Map?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7