Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Mad Castle : Round 4  (Read 14148 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle : Round 2
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 04:23:25 pm »

build a hidden kennel in the canopy of the tree. Breed mutant monkeys, squirrels, birds, and other tree dwelling animals. Then send them sneaking through the castle to kidnap unsuspecting bystanders, bringing them back to the tree for experimentation.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 05:19:12 pm »

Throne of infinite edge, eh? Excellent place to start writing Twilight fanfiction while thinking about how I've killed everyone I ever loved. But that can wait.

Build a long, thin hallway at 65,2 or so.

The hallway is strewn with the dead bodies of heavily armoured warriors, their corpses blackened and worn away by the aeons, little more than husks of armour and cloth by now. They lean against the granite walls or simply lie spread against the rough stone tilling on the ground. Each corpse conceals the tip of a long, dark iron spear, capable of shooting out without warning when someone walks past, then retracting back into the wall or floor after its gruesome purpose is accomplished. The holes are situated at irregular heights and the spears extend at different angles, so avoiding perforation is a deadly game of chance.
One wheel short of a wagon

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 06:04:14 pm »

"Ooh, goody, a new round! Oh, and you're not in yet because you're just now swapping in. Logic."

He would construct a nice, long graveyard full of reanimating corpses connected to his Throne Room at the east side. He was using his scrying orb to plan this, and the damn thing was blurry, so he had no idea the exact coordinates. It was meant to have enough room for a common skeleton or zombie to shamble comfortably, and it was to be fully underground to grant the best access to corpses! What would he do with all that dirt? Bury his bunker properly.
"Hill? What hill? There's no hill here..."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 09:09:03 pm »

From 49, 6 heading west to perhaps 43, 6, is the Trelliced Passageway.  A polished hallway with a floor of smooth wood decorated with murals depicting outdoor scenes.. as if the enclosed room was in fact a trelliced passage in a large open field with a jousting tournament in the distance.  Fake sounds of hooves are done by hidden spring-loaded coconut halves.  In the middle of the hallway is artwork depicting an open 'arcade' between the two wall murals.

These walls are actually painted paper.  An armoured knight can ride out of a hidden recess, having a clear field to lance down anyone in the hallway.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 04:46:45 am »

At 12, 7 a cabin will be built and it will be filled with all kinds of traps, like fake doors, fake furniture, and fake plants, and this cabin shall be surrounded by punji pits and landmines.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 12:02:35 pm »

Why am I not on the Map?

Because your initial building didn't get made.  You weren't in the first 8 (the last spot went to Dev because he actually posted earlier and I just overlooked it).  However, you're in now, so if you want to just repost it we can do it now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 12:42:00 pm »

6,79. Build my Throne Room, and build a Bedroom at 7,79. The first rooms of my soon to be Castle. At the moment, it's more tower-y though.
Is this in y,x or x,y style?  Horizontal then vertical or vertical then horizontal?

?.6 is the Y coordinate, 79 it's X coordinate. Good Point though.

X,Y. 79,6. 79,7. Up we go.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2019, 01:41:45 pm »

Build a room that goes from 60,25 to 40,24, precariously balanced on top of the thin stone pillar. It will be a large circular room in constant rotation like a wheel, with the floor decorated with black and red tiles in a checkered pattern. Inside, there will be large spiked balls that constantly roll in a clockwise direction, crushing any intruders that dare enter the throne room. The throne will be at the center, and it's surrounding area will be a safe zone from the rolling spiked balls.

Basically, a huge roulette of death with spiked balls. Since I'm of the throne of Randomness, I have to implement randomness in my castle in some way.

Also, add a flagpole on top of 50,25, because screw the throne of Incandescence.
[2]

The Throne of Randomness' extension fails to take shape as its lord would want, instead becoming nothing more than a precariously balanced thin slab of stone laid across from the two pillars. A giant metal ball rolls down and then back up this slab continuously.

build a hidden kennel in the canopy of the tree. Breed mutant monkeys, squirrels, birds, and other tree dwelling animals. Then send them sneaking through the castle to kidnap unsuspecting bystanders, bringing them back to the tree for experimentation.
[1]
The canopy of the Throne of Growth's tree becomes completely filled with monkeys. Not smart trained moneys but angry, ill tempered, racist monkeys who do nothing all day but rant about the monkey master race, fling poo at passers by and occasionally bite the face off someone.

Throne of infinite edge, eh? Excellent place to start writing Twilight fanfiction while thinking about how I've killed everyone I ever loved. But that can wait.

Build a long, thin hallway at 65,2 or so.

The hallway is strewn with the dead bodies of heavily armored warriors, their corpses blackened and worn away by the aeons, little more than husks of armour and cloth by now. They lean against the granite walls or simply lie spread against the rough stone tilling on the ground. Each corpse conceals the tip of a long, dark iron spear, capable of shooting out without warning when someone walks past, then retracting back into the wall or floor after its gruesome purpose is accomplished. The holes are situated at irregular heights and the spears extend at different angles, so avoiding perforation is a deadly game of chance.
[3]
The tunnel is filled with corpses. Not real corpses, the Throne of Infinite edge is on a budget. These are Halloween store corpses, all rubbery and of...Chinese quality so to speak. Also pneumatic spears were really expensive so instead they set up some big rebar sections with sharpened tips and signs that read "Please throw yourself on top of this".

"Ooh, goody, a new round! Oh, and you're not in yet because you're just now swapping in. Logic."

He would construct a nice, long graveyard full of reanimating corpses connected to his Throne Room at the east side. He was using his scrying orb to plan this, and the damn thing was blurry, so he had no idea the exact coordinates. It was meant to have enough room for a common skeleton or zombie to shamble comfortably, and it was to be fully underground to grant the best access to corpses! What would he do with all that dirt? Bury his bunker properly.
"Hill? What hill? There's no hill here..."
[4]

The attempts to bury both the bunker and the graveyard don't go great but the graveyard itself comes together perfectly! Big spooky gravestones, drifting mist, occasional zombies rising from the dead to feast on human flesh. All really top notch.

From 49, 6 heading west to perhaps 43, 6, is the Trelliced Passageway.  A polished hallway with a floor of smooth wood decorated with murals depicting outdoor scenes.. as if the enclosed room was in fact a trelliced passage in a large open field with a jousting tournament in the distance.  Fake sounds of hooves are done by hidden spring-loaded coconut halves.  In the middle of the hallway is artwork depicting an open 'arcade' between the two wall murals.

These walls are actually painted paper.  An armoured knight can ride out of a hidden recess, having a clear field to lance down anyone in the hallway.

[1]
Ruh Roh,  a conflict of space!  The throne of Rest's kungfu is weak  so the graveyard takes precedent, HOWEVER an interesting combination occurs!  A champion creature, the HEADLESS HORSEMAN, appears among the graves! A skeletal knight with a giant lance and no head begins making galloping passes between the headstones.

At 12, 7 a cabin will be built and it will be filled with all kinds of traps, like fake doors, fake furniture, and fake plants, and this cabin shall be surrounded by punji pits and landmines.
[6]
A massive two story structure is erected above the throne of Escapism's man cave, a Victorian style mansion in a state of terrible decay and filled with all manner of horrific ghosts, ghouls, and traps. Pits lead into the the SNEK PIT and a back  passage on the second floor leads over to the Throne of Growth's racist monkey tree.

6,79. Build my Throne Room, and build a Bedroom at 7,79. The first rooms of my soon to be Castle. At the moment, it's more tower-y though.
Is this in y,x or x,y style?  Horizontal then vertical or vertical then horizontal?

?.6 is the Y coordinate, 79 it's X coordinate. Good Point though.

X,Y. 79,6. 79,7. Up we go.

[5]
The Throne of Dreams builds himself a nice bedroom.  Its got a fire place, a bed, some book shelves, a chest or two, a lovely carpet, all the things that make a good bedroom.  Though, it is just a bedroom.

7/8 in. Waiting on the incandescent throne.

https://i.imgur.com/y1HZJqH.png

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 02:09:27 pm »

Build a bustling 1-story Village and Farms at 95,6, road to the castle included.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 02:40:31 pm »

Build a bustling 1-story Village and Farms at 95,6, road to the castle included.
1 room per round so... an entire village and farms might be a bit much. Also, this round isn't even over yet  :P

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 02:45:15 pm »

Gonna ptw
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 03:10:41 pm »

Building at (64,5) the base of the Eclipse pillar

The ground beneath the Eclipse pillar is to be replaced with more ebon stone bricks, with the yellow mortar filling in the cracks between each brick. 24 smaller black pillars surround the main Eclipse pillar. They are placed in groupings of 6, each at one of the four cardinal directions. Engraved on each pillar is artwork of a group of men and women with hands for heads, prostrating themselves upwards, pointing at the top of the pillar. The top of each minor pillar shares the same design as the Eclipse one, with flaming hands reaching down towards the ground.

Around the pillar are bright yellow skinned men and women who wear royal yellow robes and have giant hands for heads, refereed to as "The Cult of the Giving Hand" who act as guards for the area. They possess great strength, capable of crushing rock with bare hand, are resistant to extreme heat but can still be seared by fire and are capable of seeing and hearing despite a lack of eyes and ears. They mull around the pillar, worshiping it though a few may wonder off and visit other parts of the castle, carving Sun and Hand based graffiti, watching the ball of spikiness roll between the Radiant Lens and the pillar of randomness, and visiting the snek pit strip club.

Due to the black stone beneath the pillar, and the way the Radiant Lens focuses heat on it, the ground beneath it is extraordinarily hot, capable of searing skin off of flesh in mere moments. In addition, if a person were to pass by the pillar and not prostrate themselves to it for exactly 24 seconds, a Cult of the Giving Hand members will force them to the ground, making them kneel and holding their head against the pavement for exactly 24 minutes.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:18:08 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 03:13:36 pm »

Wait, is the Snek Pit strip club open for general use or is it reserved just for the Sneks?
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 01:50:42 pm »

Building at (64,5) the base of the Eclipse pillar

The ground beneath the Eclipse pillar is to be replaced with more ebon stone bricks, with the yellow mortar filling in the cracks between each brick. 24 smaller black pillars surround the main Eclipse pillar. They are placed in groupings of 6, each at one of the four cardinal directions. Engraved on each pillar is artwork of a group of men and women with hands for heads, prostrating themselves upwards, pointing at the top of the pillar. The top of each minor pillar shares the same design as the Eclipse one, with flaming hands reaching down towards the ground.

Around the pillar are bright yellow skinned men and women who wear royal yellow robes and have giant hands for heads, refereed to as "The Cult of the Giving Hand" who act as guards for the area. They possess great strength, capable of crushing rock with bare hand, are resistant to extreme heat but can still be seared by fire and are capable of seeing and hearing despite a lack of eyes and ears. They mull around the pillar, worshiping it though a few may wonder off and visit other parts of the castle, carving Sun and Hand based graffiti, watching the ball of spikiness roll between the Radiant Lens and the pillar of randomness, and visiting the snek pit strip club.

Due to the black stone beneath the pillar, and the way the Radiant Lens focuses heat on it, the ground beneath it is extraordinarily hot, capable of searing skin off of flesh in mere moments. In addition, if a person were to pass by the pillar and not prostrate themselves to it for exactly 24 seconds, a Cult of the Giving Hand members will force them to the ground, making them kneel and holding their head against the pavement for exactly 24 minutes.
[4]
All goes according to overblown and drawn out plan, save for the fact that the ground doesn't get hot all the time in all places. Instead a focused beam of light, like that used by small boys to burn ants, appears at random intervals and orbital lasers sections of the floor.

Alright. Lets see....I like the graveyard combo, the racist monkeys, and the haunted mansion but they're all mostly my interfering on bad rolls.  Hmm I think the work by the Incandescent throne is the best. Good mix of dangers npcs, dangerous environment, and interesting elements to fight in.

Elimination belongs to....King Zultan of the Throne of Escapism. Too bad.  Parisbre joins!

ROUND 3 BEGINS!

https://i.imgur.com/2nrojeN.png

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 02:20:09 pm »

Build up castle walls for a courtyard around my home.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7