Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Mad Castle : Round 4  (Read 14149 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle : Round 2
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 02:42:28 pm »

((Actually, the 40,24 part was a typo, I meant to put 40,20 there.))

I don't have much to work with. Try to repeat what I did last turn, but this time make the big rotating room right instead of an askew disk on top of a pillar. Coordinates for the room are 60,25 60,20, 40,25 and 40,20. This is all meant to be balanced on the single pillar, since the whole room (or at least the floor) must be on constant rotation to keep the spiked balls inside rolling.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 04:27:39 pm »

At 4,2 build a secret lab where the monkeys will conduct experiments to try to create a perfect creature by fucking with/mixing the genetics of as many creatures and people as possible, with an easily escapable pit they throw the failures into.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 06:05:19 pm »

Make a great circular underground cavern next to and slightly below the snek pit that will act as a back room of sorts. The cavern will be illuminated by a giant discoball at the highest point of its concave ceiling, acting like a sparkling prismatic sun. Zombie mobsters roam the chamber. They have bloated greenish skin, expensive yet torn and water damaged suits (or 80s clothes) and roller blades made out of concrete. They dance-shamble incessantly to non-stop music, rolling around with their rollerblades and practicing synchronized dance moves. If someone enters the room, the mobsters try to shake them down for "toll money" with their dance-chorus intimidation technique. If that fails, then they resort to more violent methods, throwing themselves at the offender and beating them savagely.

"If unharmed you want to pass,
then you gotta pay some cash,
Oh yeah!"

An oversized leather armchair-throne is placed on a balcony overlooking the dance floor. I think the best coordinates would be x:28,y:2?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:44:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 08:16:24 pm »

On top of the graveyard, from about 44,7 to 49,9, and a couple levels for headroom build a three-tiered dining hall, with the decorations getting fancier as the tiers go up.  Ramps are used for dining trolley access, along with guides to keep them in place.  The top tier is silver tableware, gold candle holders, fancy chandeliers, down to the lowest tier of wooden tables and drinking mugs.  The back of the top wall is a wall full of booze barrels.

There are automaton diners, who are 'armed' with various trap implements, such as dart guns, flamethrowers, shruiken, fairly minor ranged weapons so that the diners don't need to get up from their chairs.  In reserve is a giant ape that'll take the empty king's place, and begin throwing booze barrels down and around the room, with them bouncing about and rolling in and out of the trolley guides.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:07:46 pm by Devastator »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:19 pm »

"Alright, good, good..."
Begin a tower in the middle of the graveyard, and stuff it with ways to feed corpses to the ground beneath it! This floor 1 will be... Oh, simple pre-dug graves that fall out from beneath unlucky fools. And link their dropping to the nearby crystal ball in my bunker, so I can manually drop anyone stupid enough to be dodgy.
What's in the bottom? Skeletons and zombies with enough intelligence to bury their victims so they can get out, thus beginning a wonderful loop of living, dying, undying, and freedom!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 05:04:57 am »

Damn price rises. Edge is expensive, you know. Time to do things a little more cheaply.

Build a flight of large stone steps leading upwards at 74,3 or so, towards the Relaxation Room.  There is almost no light. The steps are made of the darkest and dullest obsidian, and once every so often instead of a step, there is nothing but an endless vertical chasm. Lines etched onto the adjacent stairs create the optical illusion that the stairs carry on as normal.

Budget allowing, patrolling the ceiling are horrific agglomerations of the castle's victims, piles of twisted bodies nailed together and reanimated into one foul creature. A single body hangs down from the mass that grip the strong roots woven through the earth ceiling, ready to grab adventurers and pull them up into the writhing tangle of corpses where they can be torn apart.
One wheel short of a wagon

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2019, 01:49:52 pm »

New room at (79,11), on top of the throne of dream's house. Referred to as, The Temple of Starry Night.

The pathway from the Ebony courtyard to the temple takes the form of a pair of ebon arms that stretch out to the top of the Dreamer's room, with a large space in between the pair of hands, allowing access to the bottom room. The hands have stairs carved into the side, with golden handrail that is supported with golden hands that reach out from the ebon arms. The rail is capped with a pair of closed fists on both ends.

The path leads up to a black temple, the ebony stone stone speckled with flakes of white crystal. Scriptures written on black paper and gilded lettering are hung across the entrance of the temple, a open entrance with no doors that leaks out a purple vapor. The text is written entirely in sign language, with the final image being a hand laying down a pillow. Stygian stone hands grip the bottom corner of the temple, where it touches the building below it, the fingertips are carved to appear as if they are on fire.

The inside of the temple is separated into two floors, a spacious foyer, filled with filled pews made of charred wood, braziers burning purple weeds, and a altar made of ebony stone inlaid with golden wire. A preacher wearing robes of black and yellow is behind the altar, signing out psalm from from the Giving Hand cult's religious corpus.  The upper floor is more of a cramped attic, accessible by a staircase behind the altar. The roof of the room is filled with lenses that focus and amplify light into beams that pierce downwards onto stone slabs, two beams per slab.

The churchgoers are similar to the other members of the Giving Hand cult, but have a slightly different outfit, with black crescents that point to inward on their sleeves and neckhole, in addition to a slash of black paint on the palm of their hands (and hand head).  They carry around censer filled with the plants picked from the throne of rest's garden, whose vapors cause those to breath it in to fall asleep. If a person were to enter the temple and speak, make noise, or perform any distributive behavior that interrupts the preacher, they will begin to bludgeon with the offender with their censers, and take them up stairs to the second floor, where they are laid upon the stone slabs, have a burning censer shoved into their mouth, and have their eyes held upon as a beam from the lenses above fry their eyeballs.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2019, 02:56:25 pm »

Build up castle walls for a courtyard around my home.
[2]
The throne of dreams constructs some small wooden walls around its bedroom.

This isn't murder.

((Actually, the 40,24 part was a typo, I meant to put 40,20 there.))

I don't have much to work with. Try to repeat what I did last turn, but this time make the big rotating room right instead of an askew disk on top of a pillar. Coordinates for the room are 60,25 60,20, 40,25 and 40,20. This is all meant to be balanced on the single pillar, since the whole room (or at least the floor) must be on constant rotation to keep the spiked balls inside rolling.

((Well...its there now and since it might murder people I think its worth keeping))

[1]
Another metal ball starts rolling up and down the  path. They're in exact opposite patterns so they pass by each other with a spray of sparks, taking up the entire width of the platform as they do.

At 4,2 build a secret lab where the monkeys will conduct experiments to try to create a perfect creature by fucking with/mixing the genetics of as many creatures and people as possible, with an easily escapable pit they throw the failures into.
[1] Good day today.

The throne of growth accidentally creates a printing press down in its rooty depths. The racist monkeys begin using it to create propaganda and distribute pamphlets. The content pamphlets is of course unprintable here.

Make a great circular underground cavern next to and slightly below the snek pit that will act as a back room of sorts. The cavern will be illuminated by a giant discoball at the highest point of its concave ceiling, acting like a sparkling prismatic sun. Zombie mobsters roam the chamber. They have bloated greenish skin, expensive yet torn and water damaged suits (or 80s clothes) and roller blades made out of concrete. They dance-shamble incessantly to non-stop music, rolling around with their rollerblades and practicing synchronized dance moves. If someone enters the room, the mobsters try to shake them down for "toll money" with their dance-chorus intimidation technique. If that fails, then they resort to more violent methods, throwing themselves at the offender and beating them savagely.

"If unharmed you want to pass,
then you gotta pay some cash,
Oh yeah!"

An oversized leather armchair-throne is placed on a balcony overlooking the dance floor. I think the best coordinates would be x:28,y:2?
[5]
The Throne of Funk creates its zombie dance party, accessible only via a passage from the Snek pit.  They get everything they want plus a nice big green neon sign that says "THRILLER".

For copyright reasons mostly. Lawyers and such.

On top of the graveyard, from about 44,7 to 49,9, and a couple levels for headroom build a three-tiered dining hall, with the decorations getting fancier as the tiers go up.  Ramps are used for dining trolley access, along with guides to keep them in place.  The top tier is silver tableware, gold candle holders, fancy chandeliers, down to the lowest tier of wooden tables and drinking mugs.  The back of the top wall is a wall full of booze barrels.

There are automaton diners, who are 'armed' with various trap implements, such as dart guns, flamethrowers, shruiken, fairly minor ranged weapons so that the diners don't need to get up from their chairs.  In reserve is a giant ape that'll take the empty king's place, and begin throwing booze barrels down and around the room, with them bouncing about and rolling in and out of the trolley guides.

[5]
Everything goes exactly as planned though....well the only way into the place currently is a ladder down from the roof.

"Alright, good, good..."
Begin a tower in the middle of the graveyard, and stuff it with ways to feed corpses to the ground beneath it! This floor 1 will be... Oh, simple pre-dug graves that fall out from beneath unlucky fools. And link their dropping to the nearby crystal ball in my bunker, so I can manually drop anyone stupid enough to be dodgy.
What's in the bottom? Skeletons and zombies with enough intelligence to bury their victims so they can get out, thus beginning a wonderful loop of living, dying, undying, and freedom!
[2]
OH NO! Territory contested! The tower and the dining hall are in the same place! The thone of rest is however rolling better.

Rather than automated diners the hall is now filled with skeletons! They're just as mean and dangerous but they go better with the graveyard.

Damn price rises. Edge is expensive, you know. Time to do things a little more cheaply.

Build a flight of large stone steps leading upwards at 74,3 or so, towards the Relaxation Room.  There is almost no light. The steps are made of the darkest and dullest obsidian, and once every so often instead of a step, there is nothing but an endless vertical chasm. Lines etched onto the adjacent stairs create the optical illusion that the stairs carry on as normal.

Budget allowing, patrolling the ceiling are horrific agglomerations of the castle's victims, piles of twisted bodies nailed together and reanimated into one foul creature. A single body hangs down from the mass that grip the strong roots woven through the earth ceiling, ready to grab adventurers and pull them up into the writhing tangle of corpses where they can be torn apart.

[4]
Budget does not appear to be allowing right now.

Also I'm not entirely sure about these instructions. I did the best I could. The stairs lead to a ladder that lets out behind a secret door connected to the fireplace.

New room at (79,11), on top of the throne of dream's house. Referred to as, The Temple of Starry Night.

The pathway from the Ebony courtyard to the temple takes the form of a pair of ebon arms that stretch out to the top of the Dreamer's room, with a large space in between the pair of hands, allowing access to the bottom room. The hands have stairs carved into the side, with golden handrail that is supported with golden hands that reach out from the ebon arms. The rail is capped with a pair of closed fists on both ends.

The path leads up to a black temple, the ebony stone stone speckled with flakes of white crystal. Scriptures written on black paper and gilded lettering are hung across the entrance of the temple, a open entrance with no doors that leaks out a purple vapor. The text is written entirely in sign language, with the final image being a hand laying down a pillow. Stygian stone hands grip the bottom corner of the temple, where it touches the building below it, the fingertips are carved to appear as if they are on fire.

The inside of the temple is separated into two floors, a spacious foyer, filled with filled pews made of charred wood, braziers burning purple weeds, and a altar made of ebony stone inlaid with golden wire. A preacher wearing robes of black and yellow is behind the altar, signing out psalm from from the Giving Hand cult's religious corpus.  The upper floor is more of a cramped attic, accessible by a staircase behind the altar. The roof of the room is filled with lenses that focus and amplify light into beams that pierce downwards onto stone slabs, two beams per slab.

The churchgoers are similar to the other members of the Giving Hand cult, but have a slightly different outfit, with black crescents that point to inward on their sleeves and neckhole, in addition to a slash of black paint on the palm of their hands (and hand head).  They carry around censer filled with the plants picked from the throne of rest's garden, whose vapors cause those to breath it in to fall asleep. If a person were to enter the temple and speak, make noise, or perform any distributive behavior that interrupts the preacher, they will begin to bludgeon with the offender with their censers, and take them up stairs to the second floor, where they are laid upon the stone slabs, have a burning censer shoved into their mouth, and have their eyes held upon as a beam from the lenses above fry their eyeballs.
[1] Some pretty bad rolls today.

Instead of....all that... you instead erect a billboard covered in "OK" emojis on top of the building.

I'm going with Paris as the favorite this round. Lets roll for who is eliminated....Looks like its yotta of the Incandescent throne! Too bad. Not keeping things 100

In any case, Egan is now up!

https://i.imgur.com/UeXIPL9.png
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:13:15 pm by piecewise »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2019, 03:12:26 pm »

Build an elevator shaft to carry people from the top of the bunker to the bottom of the dining hall, with doors on both sides, so people can pass through it into the graveyard.  The bunker can be accessed via the button labeled "Out of order."

The elevator is made of clear glass and spins, for instead of being hauled up by wires, it's moved up and down by being rotated around a screw shaft.  The muzak is also weaponized.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2019, 03:24:25 pm »

? Is it time for another round?

Build a Moat, 4 Tiles deep, around my walls. Let all who face it drown. And make sure to add piranhas..
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:33:02 pm by TricMagic »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2019, 03:27:05 pm »

Yup!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle : Round 4
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »

Build a secret monkey armory under the printing press room.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2019, 04:45:47 am »

So seeing as there was no budget for the horrific undead agglomerations, and planning permission for the pits of darkness extending to the bottom of the earth couldn't be obtained, what was just created was some stairs. Ok.

The occupant of the throne of infinite edge pauses for a moment in their contemplation of the darkness that lurks in the heart of man, and wonders if they chose the right occupation. Perhaps petroleum engineering was really their calling all along.

Raise a spire of fire-blackened steel up from the roof of the throne room, starting at 70,5. Put a spiral staircase in the centre, and create heavy iron doors that open out onto either side at regular intervals. Fill it with reanimating skeletons, and fireproof them by covering them in tar. Through dark and edgy madgicks, have the spire slowly but surely heat up until white hot whenever an adventurer/victim gets on it. What will appear at first as staircase scattered with weak mobs will turn into a red-hot oven populated by flaming undead.
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2019, 12:48:42 pm »

I don't really know anymore. Build spikes and sawblades all around my pillar?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2019, 10:13:40 pm »

30,25: Build the THRONE OF C-C-C-CHANGES, a crystalline throne that transforms all who behold it into sexy sneks with anime girl voices.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 10:28:22 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7