Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Mad Castle : Round 4  (Read 14147 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mad Castle : Round 4
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2019, 10:20:09 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/ec3g8z4

New map edited so the x and y are different but are actually visible. Don't worry about changing things in your posts, I can figure it out. Just for the future.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2019, 02:47:43 am »

Make the Dining Hall of Terrible Politeness. It is served by the Butlers that make their nest in its hidden staff rooms and kitchens, emerging from secret passages when nobody is looking. The Butlers are impressively graceful and unerringly polite. They stand ready to fulfill your every request. However if one breaks any of their arcane and inscrutable rules, they will be reprimanded. And should someone continue to break their rules or heaven forbid display the tiniest bit of impoliteness, the Butlers will politely transform into violent spider-monsters and politely attack the offender and their friends.

Should someone prove too tough for them to handle or somehow sneak into their hidden rooms, then they will come face to face with one of the killer maids, the brood-mothers of the butlers. Despite their cute appearance when in their human form, they are much more dangerous and not nearly as polite. However lack of contact with the outside world makes them somewhat bored, so they try to prolong any encounter and generally play with their food, oftentimes imprisoning it and keeping it alive to play more with it later.

Can't read the map right now, maybe put this next to the throne of dreams?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:23:33 am by Parisbre56 »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2019, 05:15:09 pm »

Suddenly, he dies. Lack of motivation and imagination to dump on a large number of games does that to you.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2019, 07:15:22 pm »

[Citation Needed]

Hey Kit go make an action in my game wouldya?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2019, 08:54:03 pm »

Put me back in Coach, I have more Hand people to make.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2019, 02:24:09 pm »

Put me back in Coach, I have more Hand people to make.
I'm messaging crazyabe since he's next but if he doesn't show up, I'm down with sticking you back in.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2019, 07:14:13 pm »

Build Throne, 16 5, it's on a Large wooden boat of questionable origin surrounded by dart traps of questionable contents.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2019, 06:47:33 pm »

Build an elevator shaft to carry people from the top of the bunker to the bottom of the dining hall, with doors on both sides, so people can pass through it into the graveyard.  The bunker can be accessed via the button labeled "Out of order."

The elevator is made of clear glass and spins, for instead of being hauled up by wires, it's moved up and down by being rotated around a screw shaft.  The muzak is also weaponized.

[6]
A metal platform held within a glass cylinder is constructed on the left side of the dining hall. It has exits on each level of the dining hall. What exit it stops at is entirely random. Also half of the time it just accelerates at extreme speed and flings its riders high into the air.

? Is it time for another round?

Build a Moat, 4 Tiles deep, around my walls. Let all who face it drown. And make sure to add piranhas..
[5]
The waters of the moat interact with the throne of Infinite Edge's fungus chamber! Though not as deep as desired the resulting moat is filled with poisonous sludge and giant toxic sharks!

Build a secret monkey armory under the printing press room.
[3]

It comes out more as a secret monkey toilet but...well...they're the same thing really, right?

So seeing as there was no budget for the horrific undead agglomerations, and planning permission for the pits of darkness extending to the bottom of the earth couldn't be obtained, what was just created was some stairs. Ok.

The occupant of the throne of infinite edge pauses for a moment in their contemplation of the darkness that lurks in the heart of man, and wonders if they chose the right occupation. Perhaps petroleum engineering was really their calling all along.

Raise a spire of fire-blackened steel up from the roof of the throne room, starting at 70,5. Put a spiral staircase in the centre, and create heavy iron doors that open out onto either side at regular intervals. Fill it with reanimating skeletons, and fireproof them by covering them in tar. Through dark and edgy madgicks, have the spire slowly but surely heat up until white hot whenever an adventurer/victim gets on it. What will appear at first as staircase scattered with weak mobs will turn into a red-hot oven populated by flaming undead.
[1]
WARNING! INTERACTION WITH TOXIC MOAT!

Instead of that stuff, a very sarcastic skeleton bobs up and down in the moat, hurling biting insults at those near by.

I don't really know anymore. Build spikes and sawblades all around my pillar?
[3]
You can always give your spot to someone else if you don't want to hang around any more.

A box of random hardware including saw blades, screw drivers, hammers, nails, wrenches, pvc pipe and similar items is balanced precariously on the edge of the pillar so that its contents will fall down on people trying to climb the rope ladder.

30,25: Build the THRONE OF C-C-C-CHANGES, a crystalline throne that transforms all who behold it into sexy sneks with anime girl voices.
[6]

The Crystalline Throne of Changes appears and is immediately surrounded by an enclosure of giant crystals which force bizarre, horrific, and fetishistic mutations onto those who wander too near!

Make the Dining Hall of Terrible Politeness. It is served by the Butlers that make their nest in its hidden staff rooms and kitchens, emerging from secret passages when nobody is looking. The Butlers are impressively graceful and unerringly polite. They stand ready to fulfill your every request. However if one breaks any of their arcane and inscrutable rules, they will be reprimanded. And should someone continue to break their rules or heaven forbid display the tiniest bit of impoliteness, the Butlers will politely transform into violent spider-monsters and politely attack the offender and their friends.

Should someone prove too tough for them to handle or somehow sneak into their hidden rooms, then they will come face to face with one of the killer maids, the brood-mothers of the butlers. Despite their cute appearance when in their human form, they are much more dangerous and not nearly as polite. However lack of contact with the outside world makes them somewhat bored, so they try to prolong any encounter and generally play with their food, oftentimes imprisoning it and keeping it alive to play more with it later.

Can't read the map right now, maybe put this next to the throne of dreams?
[5]

All this comes out exactly as planned which is the least interesting version of plans.

Build Throne, 16 5, it's on a Large wooden boat of questionable origin surrounded by dart traps of questionable contents.
[3]
Due to potential overlap and map confusion, this boat is appearing underground. It is the petrified boat of the Throne of Fossils.

Hmmmm.... I think I'll have to go with Egan. Paris is a close second but come on man, we just had a dining hall built. Lets see...NJW.

So now I assume Yotta wants back in and thus can come back in.  NJW if you want to be wait listed, lemme know.

https://i.imgur.com/o4TqjMg.png

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2019, 07:14:53 pm »

I haven't lost interest, it's just that I don't have much more room for building.

Attempt to extend the pillar, so the throne is now at 50,50. This time, do the spiral staircase filled with traps right.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2019, 08:34:24 pm »

(There's space above your throne, to the right of your pillar below your throne into the open air, below your pillar underground, the top of the dining hall to your left, and the throne pillar to your right.  That's also assuming you don't expand into one of the rooms touching those and fight it out with the original owner.)

Build a zepplin mooring spire on top of the dining hall, at 42,39  In itself, not dangerous.  The docked zepplin, however, will be well-equipped with machine guns, bombs, small cannon, etcetera.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 12:58:15 pm by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2019, 08:09:30 am »

Build a basement with a dirty bomb under the monkey hideout.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2019, 05:30:38 pm »

((To make some excuses for myself: I didn't realize we had to have unique room types. And besides, there's plenty of castles/palaces with a dozen dining rooms and 50 bedrooms. And this castle has several throne rooms.))

Make the Terrarium of Paranoia: an indoor garden meant to screw with the head of anybody going through it. Since most rooms are deadly, people going through them might start being extremely paranoid, killing everything in sight and poking everything with a stick. This room serves the purpose of making those that pass through it question the deadliness of the rooms and thus lower their guard or take greater risks. Or maybe just waste time killing things for no reason and avoiding traps that aren't there.

It is filled with plants full of tasty and nutritious fuit, however each plot has a sign with a threatening name like "Death-blossom" or "Bone-rot". Evil-looking big-toothed reptiles stalk through the trees and tall glass, watching every move of those passing through it, as if waiting for the right time to strike. However they are quite friendly once they get over their fear of newcomers. They never actually attack and if attacked they die very easily. In fact, they are trained to die in a dramatic manner with heart-wrenching cries of pain. Then their mate comes and cries over their corpse. And right after you kill them you find their hungry children nearby who have no hope of surviving without their parents. A stone path runs through it with seams that look like they're hiding a mechanism or waiting to release some sort of trap, however they actually do absolutely nothing. There's also pedestals with shiny objects on them that appear ready to trigger some trap when the object is removed, but actually do nothing. Leaves are arranged in patches that look like pit traps but are actually just small depressions where leaves neutrally gather.

Build it above the building above the headless horseman.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:15:56 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2019, 09:13:34 pm »

Above the throne of changes: a large room with stone walls, with the only notable feature being a giant chained to the wall who tells anyone who enters the room to crawl into his mouth because he's hungry. Doing so results in death. He refuses to eat any food that's not a living person.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2019, 01:53:17 pm »

I haven't lost interest, it's just that I don't have much more room for building.

Attempt to extend the pillar, so the throne is now at 50,50. This time, do the spiral staircase filled with traps right.

Keep in mind that you don't have to have the rooms directly connected to YOUR rooms. They just have to be connected to a room you could "Reach" from your throne. Ie you could build off the side of the dining hall or basically any of these buildings so long as there is a chain of buildings reaching back to your throne.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2019, 02:06:46 pm »

Build a 5 high tower with which to place my new bedroom.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7