Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Mad Castle : Round 4  (Read 14150 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Castle : Round 4
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2019, 02:36:25 pm »

Redo my previous action, but move the hand billboard so that it's inside the church and covers up the wall, like a mural. Also create a little arm bridge over the moat, thin enough that only one person can walk/traipse across it.

Spoiler: Previous Action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 04:27:43 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »

Put me on the waitlist please.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2019, 12:26:45 pm »

I haven't lost interest, it's just that I don't have much more room for building.

Attempt to extend the pillar, so the throne is now at 50,50. This time, do the spiral staircase filled with traps right.

[4]
Well, you don't get the throne to move, because it can't, but you do complete a pillar with spiral stairs and a bunch of dangerous traps on the way up.

(There's space above your throne, to the right of your pillar below your throne into the open air, below your pillar underground, the top of the dining hall to your left, and the throne pillar to your right.  That's also assuming you don't expand into one of the rooms touching those and fight it out with the original owner.)

Build a zepplin mooring spire on top of the dining hall, at 42,39  In itself, not dangerous.  The docked zepplin, however, will be well-equipped with machine guns, bombs, small cannon, etcetera.
[4]
This turns out basically right but instead of a bunch of guns, the zepplin only ends up with a single, very large cannon. Its slow to fire, but very painful.

Build a basement with a dirty bomb under the monkey hideout.
[4]
The dirty bomb is constructed. Its not nuclear but it is a 1000 ton conventional bomb completely loaded with monkey poo so...its pretty dirty.

((To make some excuses for myself: I didn't realize we had to have unique room types. And besides, there's plenty of castles/palaces with a dozen dining rooms and 50 bedrooms. And this castle has several throne rooms.))

Make the Terrarium of Paranoia: an indoor garden meant to screw with the head of anybody going through it. Since most rooms are deadly, people going through them might start being extremely paranoid, killing everything in sight and poking everything with a stick. This room serves the purpose of making those that pass through it question the deadliness of the rooms and thus lower their guard or take greater risks. Or maybe just waste time killing things for no reason and avoiding traps that aren't there.

It is filled with plants full of tasty and nutritious fuit, however each plot has a sign with a threatening name like "Death-blossom" or "Bone-rot". Evil-looking big-toothed reptiles stalk through the trees and tall glass, watching every move of those passing through it, as if waiting for the right time to strike. However they are quite friendly once they get over their fear of newcomers. They never actually attack and if attacked they die very easily. In fact, they are trained to die in a dramatic manner with heart-wrenching cries of pain. Then their mate comes and cries over their corpse. And right after you kill them you find their hungry children nearby who have no hope of surviving without their parents. A stone path runs through it with seams that look like they're hiding a mechanism or waiting to release some sort of trap, however they actually do absolutely nothing. There's also pedestals with shiny objects on them that appear ready to trigger some trap when the object is removed, but actually do nothing. Leaves are arranged in patches that look like pit traps but are actually just small depressions where leaves neutrally gather.

Build it above the building above the headless horseman.

You don't have to make unique rooms, but this is inevitably a contest to appease my murder boner so keep it new and exciting! Or add anime tomboys. You know.

[3]

This doesn't come off as well as you'd like. Instead of a giant terrarium you end up with a herb garden. There are a lot of herb varieties but what each one does is hard to say. Some might be helpful, or dangerous, or completely neutral. Its totally RANDOM.

Above the throne of changes: a large room with stone walls, with the only notable feature being a giant chained to the wall who tells anyone who enters the room to crawl into his mouth because he's hungry. Doing so results in death. He refuses to eat any food that's not a living person.
[1]
A guy, who is pretty big, like 6'4" or so, starts camping out on the top spire of your throne room area. He mostly just shouts at passers by asking for food, spare change, and "Some of that good shit", whatever that is.

Build a 5 high tower with which to place my new bedroom.
[1]
The workers just stick another bed up on your roof.

Redo my previous action, but move the hand billboard so that it's inside the church and covers up the wall, like a mural. Also create a little arm bridge over the moat, thin enough that only one person can walk/traipse across it.

Spoiler: Previous Action (click to show/hide)
[3]
ERROR OVERLAP

A cult of OK appears around the billboard. They shout memes at each other and anyone who gets close. Those to don't respond with memes in kind are immediately attacked as heretics.

Put me on the waitlist please.
Alright.

I'm going with Dev as the winner for the round and....Paris is eliminated!
Failbird is in!

https://i.imgur.com/IYYWwiU.png

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2019, 01:37:14 pm »

Create the THRONE OF INVENTION *krakathoom* At 120, 25. A computerized throne in the center of a proper madwomans laboratory!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2019, 01:57:14 pm »

Move my throne to the roof and become the Memelord. For the Meme!

Build a Dakka Tower on top to shoot all the Dakka, and then more Dakka!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2019, 02:39:19 pm »

Build a giant birdhouse on the roof of the building next to the tree. Fill said birdhouse with racist parrots.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2019, 06:23:46 pm »

Build up a crystal spire above the throne of changes and crucify the big dude on it. Mutilate him until he forms a conduit for the terrible energies within the spire, forming the lens of a giant death mutation beam which pings randomly around the castle, transforming all that it meets into tormented mewling horrors.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2019, 02:29:09 pm »

Build a big bridge that conects the top of my pillar with 100,50, in which I'll build a second pillar later to connect it to the ground (or now, if I have time for that during this turn.) Hire a bunch of knights to guard the bridge and attack any intruders.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2019, 08:13:43 pm »

Make a kitchen under part of the restful plants and the graveyard, from around 45,21 to 55,23  Access is via grave-trap and pit trap, which head to the inside of the ovens, the pit for the fat fryer, some open-topped stoves, etc.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2019, 09:11:58 pm »

Instead of making what appear to be a bunch of randomly one room houses everywhere, I'm gonna spend my turn connecting some rooms together, so it actually looks like a castle and not as if a bunch of gods got wasted and summoned the variety pack of prefab rooms from Godkea.

Surround the Eclipse pillar(64,30) with a number of reaching arms on all sides, with black, flaming stone hands that splay out and away from the central lens, with a gap for weird pillar thing with those two rolling spiked balls.

Create a domed atrium around the Slumber Garden(54,20), with a roof made zig-zagging black stone arms that grab each other on each zig/zag. The space between the arms are filled with purple tinted glass. The atrium connects to the greater hand structure around the pillar.

Create a drawbridge across the poison moat(68,20) in the shape of a golden hand, the outward side is covered in gilded flames while the other side is just a normal giant gold hand.

Give the Cult of OK exactly ONE handy chair, a chair that is basically just one those hand chairs but made out of gold. Make them fight for whoever gets the seat.

Place a group of Handymen and Handywomen dressed up in their finest and have them eating out in the dining hall. They don't have mouths to eat food with, but they really enjoy how people brings stuff to them.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2019, 02:27:02 pm »

Create the THRONE OF INVENTION *krakathoom* At 120, 25. A computerized throne in the center of a proper madwomans laboratory!
[1]
The throne of invention is set up right next to a single metal table with a magnifying glass on it.

Move my throne to the roof and become the Memelord. For the Meme!

Build a Dakka Tower on top to shoot all the Dakka, and then more Dakka!
[4]
Throne can't be moved or changed but a dakka tower is possible.
A large stone tower fitted with many cannon firing slits and matching cannons to fire through those slits is constructed on top of the billboard. Very precariously.

Build a giant birdhouse on the roof of the building next to the tree. Fill said birdhouse with racist parrots.
[2]
You put a single small birdhouse up in the tree but nothing comes to live in it.

Build up a crystal spire above the throne of changes and crucify the big dude on it. Mutilate him until he forms a conduit for the terrible energies within the spire, forming the lens of a giant death mutation beam which pings randomly around the castle, transforming all that it meets into tormented mewling horrors.
[5]
You crucify the man to the crystal and torture him until be begins firing mutating lasers out of his eyes at all times, while screaming incoherently.

Build a big bridge that connects the top of my pillar with 100,50, in which I'll build a second pillar later to connect it to the ground (or now, if I have time for that during this turn.) Hire a bunch of knights to guard the bridge and attack any intruders.
[3]

The knights don't get done but the giant ass hanging bridge and pillar do get made.

Make a kitchen under part of the restful plants and the graveyard, from around 45,21 to 55,23  Access is via grave-trap and pit trap, which head to the inside of the ovens, the pit for the fat fryer, some open-topped stoves, etc.
[5]
Done.

Instead of making what appear to be a bunch of randomly one room houses everywhere, I'm gonna spend my turn connecting some rooms together, so it actually looks like a castle and not as if a bunch of gods got wasted and summoned the variety pack of prefab rooms from Godkea.

Surround the Eclipse pillar(64,30) with a number of reaching arms on all sides, with black, flaming stone hands that splay out and away from the central lens, with a gap for weird pillar thing with those two rolling spiked balls.

Create a domed atrium around the Slumber Garden(54,20), with a roof made zig-zagging black stone arms that grab each other on each zig/zag. The space between the arms are filled with purple tinted glass. The atrium connects to the greater hand structure around the pillar.

Create a drawbridge across the poison moat(68,20) in the shape of a golden hand, the outward side is covered in gilded flames while the other side is just a normal giant gold hand.

Give the Cult of OK exactly ONE handy chair, a chair that is basically just one those hand chairs but made out of gold. Make them fight for whoever gets the seat.

Place a group of Handymen and Handywomen dressed up in their finest and have them eating out in the dining hall. They don't have mouths to eat food with, but they really enjoy how people brings stuff to them.

[5]
My my this is a lot. And multiple different things. When I said you could bridge things I didn't think it would be in the form of a ton of different expansive structures like this; I thought you just wanted ot make a few pathways. So We'll do the first bit but thats it.

So I prefer Egan's stuff this turn: simple but effective.  Now, do we have anyone waiting to get in? I forget.

https://i.imgur.com/UyJWC0J.png

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2019, 02:32:10 pm »

Fire the Dakka! All the Dakka! Even More Dakka! Fire the Memes, and even more DAKKA!

Also create supports for the tower which produce MOAR DAKKA!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2019, 02:45:54 pm »

Around 29,22 build a torture chamber filled with crystal bladed implements. The crystal walls are imbued with unholy life-force, making it nearly impossible for anyone within the room to die permanently so long as they reside within.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2019, 09:45:19 pm »

Attempt to replace the wooden bridge with a more resistant one made of stone. Then try to build a giant golem to protect it from intruders.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2019, 02:37:42 pm »

((God dammit, nothing’s working!))
Underneath the building next to the tree, build a pit filled with mutigen. And mushrooms that produce an intoxicating nectar. Have a secret tunnel that leads out to the overworld.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7