Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hammerdwarves Harming Eachother While Sparring?  (Read 1062 times)

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hammerdwarves Harming Eachother While Sparring?
« on: April 14, 2019, 12:35:56 am »

This has been an ongoing issue for me in my current fort. 3 out of 10 in my hammerdwarf squad have suffered injuries, all of which occur in the hands or feet. I have 0 idea as to why it keeps happening but it's been consistent. Is there a way to stop them from crippling each other?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammerdwarves Harming Eachother While Sparring?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 01:15:14 am »

This has been an ongoing issue for me in my current fort. 3 out of 10 in my hammerdwarf squad have suffered injuries, all of which occur in the hands or feet. I have 0 idea as to why it keeps happening but it's been consistent. Is there a way to stop them from crippling each other?
That shouldn't happen. Could you post a save to the bug tracker?
Someone should be able to work out what's going on.
You don't have spikes or things lying around where they might dodge into them, do you? Or just general things they can fall off from a careless dodge in the barracks.

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 01:20:24 pm »

You don't have spikes or things lying around where they might dodge into them, do you? Or just general things they can fall off from a careless dodge in the barracks.
It turns out they were dodging through the barracks wall and falling down the cliffside. Completely forgot that bug was a thing so I think the problem is solved.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 06:11:36 pm »

It turns out they were dodging through the barracks wall and falling down the cliffside. Completely forgot that bug was a thing so I think the problem is solved.
Oh, yes. That would do it.  :)

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:12:21 pm »

3 out of 10 in my hammerdwarf squad have suffered injuries, all of which occur in the hands or feet.

Assuming you have boots and gauntlets, it's likely that your dwarves aren't wearing them due to clothing conflicts.

It turns out they were dodging through the barracks wall and falling down the cliffside.

Charging and tumbling, not dodging.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 04:23:40 am »

I think that bug only applies to walls with a thickness of 1.  Adding a layer of wall around the barracks might prevent it.