Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves Resting mid-combat from any injury?  (Read 1703 times)

ProfessorSir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarves Resting mid-combat from any injury?
« on: April 16, 2019, 01:14:12 am »

So I had a semi-trained militia set up in my new fort, and then a siege of like nine goblin wrestlers and a naga wrestler (All wrestlers?) showed up.  I figured it would be an easy fight, but for some reason any injury that seemed worse than bruising (torn, nerve damage, etc.) immediately caused the afflicted dwarf to rest.  Of course, my military was slaughtered while they apparently laid flat on the ground.
Luckily my out-of-control dog population stopped the siege.

For example though, my Militia Commander had her right hand smashed by a kick, and the very next frame she was Resting.  This was followed by a swordsdwarf who got punched in the arm, and then starting Resting too.

I've played enough to know that Naga men can inject venom that causes unconsciousness, but the Naga man was still miles away punching a stray tuskox to death when the Resting happened.

All my civilians are burrowed and none of them are listed as recovering wounded, but my main doctor is burrowed separately inside the hospital.  Could that be the cause?

EDIT: It happened again, with my hastily-conscripted recruits (they were not bitten)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:19:54 am by ProfessorSir »

lunessia

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Absolute Loon
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves Resting mid-combat from any injury?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 10:45:10 pm »

Naga people that can instasleep people using telepunching. Now that's scary.