Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD  (Read 20038 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2019, 07:57:23 am »

Before going to rest somewhere, ask the captain if the vessel will eventually stop at St. Petersburg or other Russian city with a port.

1d20=20
Luck: 12
UH-OH!

The captain said that they're not setting sails to Russia for a while, and so Ivan got dropped off in Netherlands, where he traveled the country as a beggar. He then died on the streets of Amsterdam: some criminals gutted him for not speaking Dutch and annoying them.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2019, 09:54:12 am »

well, he’ll be returning to england one way or another. if it does return to human form upon reaching England, i’ll have some explaining to do. otherwise, I’ll at least have a nice new decoration for my home.
Quote from: dice roll
d20:13
luck:15
result:PASS
Despite the chaos wrought by mutiny, Dustan manages to land in england thanks to Alira, where he takes his hunting prize home with him. It is unknown what happened to the tiger, but given that Dustan has no new decorations and is back at his forge, it would seem that it wasn’t particularly notable.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:04:24 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hotfire90

« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:31 am »

((Whee not only did I survive, but I also got the murder duke killed.))

Elizabeth stood breathless before Alira, she had escaped Jack's violent attack, but the Duke, the only other survivor of similiar status like her, was brutally attacked by him, it was doubtful that he survived.

"The Duke he- he died. Jack went mad from his fever and brutally attacked us, he was closest to the Duke when he turned violent and he... he bit him straight in the throat. I'm the only survivor."

Elizabeth took a moment to regain her composure, she then walked towards the remaining survivors and the dutch crewmembers, making sure that everyone could see her.

"I bring grave news, our expedition to this cursed temple has resulted in disaster, Jack went mad from his tropical fever and he brutually assaulted us, killing the Duke. I suspect that Jack is still alive and that if he were to come across any of us, he would do the same thing he did to the Duke.
As the only surviving member of the upper classes of society amongst this ship and this group, I shall henceforth assume leadership of our group and in extension the captainship of this vessel. It is my right and duty to lead, and I will lead you all back to civilization. It is important that we set sail at once, lest this maddening tropical fever claims more of us."

Give my leadership speech and assume command. Take quarters inside the captain's cabin, and inspect the four ill-dutchmen for symptoms of the maddening tropical fever Jack suffered from.

1d20=14
Luck: 11
:'( Nearly survived despite all the odds.

Halfway through the journey back home, Elizabeth suffered from a fever, with no doctor to treat her, she quietly succumbed to the illness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:03 pm »

Roll: 6
Luck: 14
Result: seems I’m having a pretty decent time.
And I assume you meant epilogue, not prologue, Trin.

Jack spent much of the return trip with Alira, learning from her how to read and write, and creating an embellished tale of their time on the island. Upon stopping in England, he took the stories he’d written to a local publisher, and successfully got them printed as books after some editing.
He continued to write after this, often drawing from his experiences on the island or what he managed to hear of those who had been with him, and while he never wrote any true classics, Jack would never be homeless or go hungry again.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »

Haha, yes I did.

...or DID I??  :P

Poor Ivan, that was hilariously grim.

And Jack! A lovely ending for our stow-away.
I've really enjoyed the variety of replies, thanks! Now we just need to find out what happened to the Duke, and the story can come to an end.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2019, 07:31:40 am »

"I bring grave news, our expedition to this cursed temple has resulted in disaster, Jack went mad from his tropical fever and he brutually assaulted us, killing the Duke. I suspect that Jack is still alive and that if he were to come across any of us, he would do the same thing he did to the Duke.
As the only surviving member of the upper classes of society amongst this ship and this group, I shall henceforth assume leadership of our group and in extension the captainship of this vessel. It is my right and duty to lead, and I will lead you all back to civilization. It is important that we set sail at once, lest this maddening tropical fever claims more of us."
((My consent! D:))
Alira gives command! Also hopefully is there to tend to fever person :<

Haha, yes I did.

...or DID I??  :P

Poor Ivan, that was hilariously grim.

And Jack! A lovely ending for our stow-away.
I've really enjoyed the variety of replies, thanks! Now we just need to find out what happened to the Duke, and the story can come to an end.
I wonder what your plans were :P

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2019, 01:26:53 am »

Where has our faux-German friend gone to?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2019, 09:58:23 pm »

The senile Duke, while fighting for his life and slowly bleeding to death, has a sudden moment of clarity (or should we say madness?) after seeing his own blood.

"...Ist das das Blut?"

Rich blood. A sacrifice. Of course, the thing the temple was asking for this whole time was my own noble blood, inherited by my ancestors! They wanted their blood back!

Use the sharpened crest and Sacrifice myself to my noble german ancestors!

1d20 = 9
Luck: 17

That's a success, so I guess I successfuly sacrifice myself to the Eldritch Temple? Would you mind rolling and resolving the action as my epilogue? I have no idea what I'm even doing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:07:45 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2019, 01:55:52 pm »

I'm done being creative! What you've written will have to do.

The Duke self-sacrifices, and the result... happens off-screen.

This RTD is officially done.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2019, 01:58:17 pm »

Now I'll forever wonder what was inside of that temple. Oh well, I had fun and enjoyed this RTD.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2019, 01:09:15 pm »

Me too. :)  Thanks for playing
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]