Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 3  (Read 128076 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 3:Turn 9
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2019, 01:40:01 am »

Turn 9

:|

Broadcast both within the Moloko and to the Bazaar: Mayday, mayday! Our vessel has been severely damaged by an onboard nuclear detonation! It is currently set to collide with the Bazaar in [an amount of time equal to two turns]! Immediate action is required, and assistance would be greatly appreciated!

In the meantime, send engibots to begin repairs, and have medibots collect all afflicted crew members to have them treated for whatever caused their psychoses.

1, 4

You try sending out the engibots, but a leak from one of the quantum EMP tanks in the engine room fries their programming and causes them to instead sabotage the ship. On a more positive note, the medibots successfully collect the insane crew members and set them up in simulated therapy with accelerated perceived time.

-1 turns to impact.

Try to slow down ships fall by changing its mass into negative mass, so it floats up instead of falling THROUGH SCIENCE

Also go find that robot, which stole my milk and TAKE IT BACK

4, 1

Of course! You hit the "reverse polarity" hotkey on your terminal to switch the ship over to negative mass. The ship's gravity is reversed away from the Bazaar, although its automated escape boosters and momentum still pose a problem. You then track down what looks like your culprit and fry it with your laser pistol. Unfortunately, it turns out that this was a completely innocent robot that just happened to be carrying a bunch of normal potatoes.

search for milk or roombas whatever is closer.

You blob around the marketplace and find a strange sight. A Roomba from the ship is whirring through the marketplace. A bag of glowing potatoes drags behind it, held by the vacuum slot. One of the potatoes is damaged by a passing alien's claw. A few droplets of milk fall out as a result.

Pull out my concealed gun and shoot the badger in the chest until the DNA comes out, if that fails or I forgot my gun just run away.

3 to see if you have a gun, 2+1 vs 1+2

You draw your concealed super soaker and attempt to blast the honey badger man's DNA out. It's a valiant effort, but his thick skin prevents the DNA from falling off.

Silence: Stares in awe
Silence: Smiles
Silence: Goes up to a person selling a exotic pet
Silence: Points at a random exotic pet
Silence: Takes out something to barter for a exotic pet

(also wondered what ever happened to that cargo monster thing)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Regarding the Vacuum Vermin.

((Hey, that went pretty well! A little too well. Best not to question space cow physiology, I suppose.))

Ah, the afterlife. Yet another frontier for space cow liberation.

Approach the robed human, loudly (in terms of psionic communication) demanding compliance with the Multiversal Declaration of Space Cow Rights. Simultaneously probe his mind to figure out what's going on here.

5, 6

You walk up to the human and make your demands. He introduces himself as St. Peter, and assures you that the afterlife was in fact a major power backing the MDSCR's passage into law. As a space cow yourself, you should be entitled to favorable treatment in the hereafter.

As he speaks, you probe his mind. It seems that this is your personal judgment, and St. Peter here is assigned to judge you. As a consequence of this, he knows everything about your life thus far.

Including that one incident you had in the space cow equivalent of middle school.

Jury-rig an emergency platonic milk containment unit so that if the ship crashes, the reactor won't explode.

You successfully rig the containment unit. The ship and its crew should survive the impact now if it can't be prevented.

AI, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Run back to the custodial closet, grab my gas mask and as many filters as I can carry. Gather my tools, mop, kettle, teabags, and mugs, and find a piece of the ship not currently in a state of complete and utter chaos. Then, prepare defenses for a siege. Fight off miscreants with welding equipment if need be. Also, bring the remote controls. Just in case.

1, 3-1, 5-1, 6-1

In the confusion, you're unable to find a gas mask or any other major gear. The time taken to do it allows the gas to wear you down more. At least the gas keeps you calm enough to remember to grab the remote controls for one of the ship's emergency shelters. You make it to the shelter and leap inside. At the moment, it looks like the miscreants have already been subdued by the gas and robots, so you're in no immediate danger from them.

Use my power as a security officer to arrest T'zzz as a suspect responsible for the destruction of my room/property.
Go on the bridge, pierce the floor with my Zweihander, then try to stop Moloko from crashing into the Bazaar by pulling the ship with all of my demigod strength.

2 vs 5

You try to arrest T'zzz, but it appears he already beamed down to the market and can't be found at the moment.\

After that, you stride onto the ruined bridge, slam down your massive sword, and pull the entire ship up in a heroic defiance of physics. The crash is delayed, but the metal around you shrieks from the strain.

+1 turn to impact, but -1 on rolls to repair the ship.

Wait, we're still on hell. Oh well, at least they were unsealed.

Wait for the Seven to continue devouring the walls, until there's a hole big enough for me to escape. I can try to re-summon them when I leave the afterlife.

You wait patiently for one of the Seven to bite a hole through the wall and slip through between the chomping of endless rows of teeth and the ineffectual retaliation of the demon hordes. On the other side, you float through advanced darkness for what feels like an eternity. Eventually, you spot a light and burrow through. You find yourself on a snowy battlefield underneath the largest tree you've ever seen. Viking warriors skirmish all around you, and women on flying horses are scattered around the sky.

"This ship being about to crash is most inconvenient. How  vexing! I must  answer that missed call!"

Proceed to my office and call back the President. Use the office replicator to prepare a cup of tea, with two sugars and milk

((yeah, I wanted him unconcious))

You march right back to your office and whistle up a cup of tea from your deluxe replicator. As you lean back in your starbuck-leather office chair and ring the President of the Dapper Gentlemen's Association, a telltale milky swirl in your tea informs you that

You win the game!

President Washingtonson's voice comes through your antique iPhone XIII, and he greets you with all the customary salutations and formalities.

"Now then, good sir, I'd like an update on your assignment to the Moloko. Tell me, how are things? Have you managed to make the ship any more dapper yet? As you know, the Queen will be needing a new flagship soon, and she can't be having a non-dapper one, now can she?"

"Take evasive maneuvers! We must evade the planet that's currently rushing towards us!" the Captain says, as he prepares to go down with the ship.

You take an evasive pattern that does indeed delay the ship's final impact, but causes the ship to rattle violently and further damages repair efforts.

+1 turn to impact, but -1 on rolls to repair the ship.

Unless prevented, the Moloko will crash into the bazaar in 2 turns.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2019, 02:23:50 am »

Damnit.
Alright, anyone trying to repair the ship: don't. That can wait until we're at a dedicated repair stop. Right now, we just need to make sure that we don't crash.

Try making minor changes to the Moloko's trajectory that will make any predicted landing softer, and, if possible, direct us toward a port. Also, shut down the engiebots.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2019, 03:46:06 am »

'Zounds! We might not avoid this one.

Deploy emergency impact head-gear. As regulations specify, the helmets are blue and look rather like bicorn hats.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2019, 05:05:28 am »

Try to decrease ship mass and  delay our fall by dumping all unneeded prototype thermonuclear bombs at bazaar

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2019, 05:26:21 am »

Use my position as the ship Roomba herder (or Janitor both positions are the same in the future) to call the roomba to me. Adquire milk potatoes too.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2019, 06:32:51 am »

Silence: Squints at the new pet
Silence: Puts his glasses on
Silence: Shrugs
Silence: Writes down Douge on a nearby sticky note
Silence: Sticks it on Douge
Silence: Heads back to the ship

(Silence: Sheds a single tear for Vaccum Vermin)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2019, 06:50:52 am »

Runaway I brought the wrong gun, then go buy a new better gun that can kill.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2019, 07:46:39 am »

Valhalla is good enough. Find the bridge that connects it to Midgard and return to the mortal plane. If I don't find any bridge, go towards the tree and climb downwards.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2019, 08:52:11 am »

Continue to search for a gas mask. If I find one, ask the Ship’s AI A: What the hell is going on and B: is there anything I can do to assist in it’s prevention. If informed, try to do whatever it asks. I am a Custodian, after all. If I can’t find a gas mask, ask question A, bypass question B, and wait out the gas.
Forget this.
Quietly ponder why this is happening to me, then find the Robotics lab. Begin construction of a Firefighter, with built-in oxygen tanks, rocket boosters, drill, and as much armour as can be fitted onto it. Also, acquire a toolbelt and welding helmet. Remove fake beard.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:57:42 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2019, 10:42:53 am »

Shit.
Continue to search for a gas mask. If I find one, ask the Ship’s AI A: What the hell is going on and B: is there anything I can do to assist in it’s prevention. If informed, try to do whatever it asks. I am a Custodian, after all. If I can’t find a gas mask, ask question A, bypass question B, and wait out the gas.

ooc( the gas thing sort of ended previous turn?)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2019, 10:54:04 am »

Try to decrease ship mass and  delay our fall by dumping all unneeded prototype thermonuclear bombs at bazaar
Prevent this.

Shit.
We're crashing and the ship is horribly damaged, but people have royally fucked up our ability to fix the damage right now so at the moment I'm trying to minimize the damage we'd do by crashing and steer us toward a repair bay.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:34:42 pm by Glass »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2019, 11:08:17 am »

Use my position as the ship Roomba herder (or Janitor both positions are the same in the future) to call the roomba to me. Adquire milk potatoes too.
Prevent this.

Why?
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2019, 11:19:59 am »

Ah, the incident. Now that was really something, wasn't it? I'm fairly certain it never happened. It's not like that wreck of a town even existed to begin with, you know? Also, it's funny how there were no witnesses, am I right?

Wipe all details regarding the incident from St. Peter's declarative memory. Consider erasing the rest of his mind while we're at it, just to be on the safe side.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2019, 12:34:18 pm »

Prevent this.

Why?
Sorry, quoted the wrong post. Gimme a sec to fix it.

EDIT: I'd meant to quote Chariot's post, so we're clear.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2019, 02:45:12 pm »

Shit.

ooc( the gas thing sort of ended previous turn?)

The gas served its purpose, but it's still there until someone gets rid of it.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50