Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 3  (Read 126089 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 3:Turn 28
« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2019, 06:23:27 am »

Fill the room/closet where T'zzz is hiding with sleeping gas by politely asking the Moloko's AI.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 3:Turn 28
« Reply #421 on: June 07, 2019, 03:55:54 pm »

Fill the room/closet where T'zzz is hiding with sleeping gas by politely asking the Moloko's AI.
Why? (brief explanation) ...ok yes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 3:Turn 29
« Reply #422 on: June 08, 2019, 02:10:37 am »

Turn 29

Look at Dr Bob’s research notes and learn as much as possible

ask the hooded man if I could come with him to Cervidae to visit Dr. Bob, he possibly knows more about the creature than his notes alone

If he says yes, board the Z Wing, if he says no, search for and absorb any stray liquids in the lab to grow some sort of grabbing appendage and use said appendage to grab onto the Z wing, so I can still come with

(If Rana absorbs a liquid, its color will change to the color of the liquid it absorbs. Any new body part it makes will be the color of the liquid used to make the part
(I wanted to make sure I understand what you mean. Say you absorbed coffee, grew a limb, and then absorbed milk. Would Rana then be white with a brown limb?)
6, 2, 4, 4
Quote from: The DNA Thief
Find Dr. Bob
5-1 for loss of tracking.

You study Dr. Bob's notes. You learn a lot from them, including a genetic recipe that is stated to produce safe and controllable minions. After that, you ask the hooded man if you can accompany him. The hooded man proudly refuses and marches off to steal a Z-wing. Once his back is turned, you reach into a beaker and absorb some green acid. You safely metabolize the material and form a tendril of green light. The hooded man steals a Z-wing with the effortless air of someone who's done it before, but doesn't notice as you latch on to the Z-shaped wing and trail along behind him.

The tracker shuts down, but the hooded man flies to Dr. Bob's home simply from memory.

(Continued in King Zultan's turn.)

"I'd better return that ship I "borrowed", I hope they like where I'm gonna put it."
Use my portal gun to teleport the Z-wing back to the Moloko inside the mainframe computer that runs it, and turn on my anti-tracking thing, then go buy some milk from the store.

4 vs 5, 4, 6

You point the portal gun at the Z-wing and send it back to the Moloko. There's no way of telling from here if it landed where you wanted it to, but at least you sent a fairly clear message. You also activate a device to protect you from electronic scanners. That done, you head out to the store to buy more milk. You make it to the store, but then a Z-wing hovers down above you. Your device is still working, but this person must have found you some other way. The Z-wing lands, blowing away dust as it does. The DNA thief from the bazaar steps out of the cockpit and stands before you.

"Dr. Bob! Stop right there. I have a plan for us all, you see. All of us, Superior! All. of. us."

The hooded man throws back his hood, revealing a face very similar to your own deer head. His horns have been shaved off, his fur is more patchy and gray, and he lacks vampiric traits, but he's still clearly you. He steps forward again. As he basks in the reveal, you see a tiny glowing creature attached to his ship. He doesn't seem to be aware of it.

"Perhaps I should explain. I am you, but from another timeline! You see, according to my calculations, every time anyone makes a decision, about six alternate timelines are created. In my world, I killed a man named Mr. Shaun O'Brian and stole a time machine from him! Of course, what the multiverse needs is a "primary" Dr. Bob. I've been collecting DNA from every Dr. Bob I can find, plus anyone else who seemed useful. I already got yours, but the Abomination was a truly special creation! Not many of us could have crafted such a thing. So this is my demand. Join me, Dr. Bob, and help me craft the Ultimate Bob. If not...

The alternate Dr. Bob twirls his crowbar.

"Well, I can't let anyone potentially endanger Ultimate Bob, now can I?"

Help kill the evil goats to gain PR to get into Earth. Do it by flying near them and using the Power Milk to turn them into purple stuff.

"Don't you seven ever tire? I am inevitable, no god, goat or man will stop my quest.

At the helm of the repaired Sanctuary 2, you quickly fly back to the Bazaar. Some might think the sight of Thainos rushing to save the universe unusual, but you know the truth. Everything you've done, it's always been for the greater good. Most people simply lack the will to see it.

After arriving, you board the Thainoscopter and point the Power Milk at the circle of goats. They sense the incoming attack and react with a surprising burst of cold fury. Each goat snaps its head toward you, even the ones who have to twist their necks all the way around to do it. The goats draw power from another cosmic attack and hit you with a blast of pure unreality. The Thainoscopter takes the brunt of the damage and is blasted to dust. You fall a long way and crashland in the ruins of the Bazaar. The goats then go back to their ritual, greatly reinvigorated by the exercise. -1 to goats destroying the universe.

Hmmm...
Care to share your thoughts?
Yeah, I was just thinking, we already used the void, so...
I suppose that might work.
Send the now weakened Seven, and their summoner, to the Eldritch Plain.

1+1

You weave a spell to send the Seven to the Eldritch Plain. It worked on the Doom Mug back in that timeloop you left behind, so perhaps it'll work here. You send the attack, but it fails. If it weren't for your practice in the field of saving the universe, it would have only strengthened their presence in the mortal world. As it is, they deflect your spell and use it to shoot down the Thainoscopter.

Spoiler: Seán’s thoughts (click to show/hide)
That’s it! I’ll lure a Time lord here, and steal their Tardis! My magnum opus of achievment!

Begin by finding the Ship’s vault, and retrieving any Time Lord artefacts within.
(I'm very happy with your die roll just now.)

You hatch a plan to steal a TARDIS. To get one, you'll need to lure in one of the Time Lords. You decide that a logical place to start would be with the ship's vault. You get in easily enough by using your position as a janitor. Passing by various unrelated relics, you open up the case of Time Lord items. Inside, you find a long coat, a fez, a bow tie, technical reports on Dalek armor and its weaknesses, and finally a sonic screwdriver in a place of honor. There is also a carefully sealed section. Inside is a Stattenheim remote control. A warning label cautions that the linked TARDIS is currently occupied by an active Time Lord, who is expected to retaliate violently if her TARDIS is compromised.

Capture the scout bot and turn it into a  roomba.

The scout bot enters the room to apprehend you, but you grab it out of the air, pry it open, and rapidly reprogram it. The bot wanders off, blowing dirt into corners with its hover engines.

Sleep gas is then pumped into the room, but doesn't affect you. The swarms of rats and bats that follow however, those hurt quite a bit when they start biting and scratching. It could have been a lot worse, but they flee once the sleep gas starts dropping them.

Dominate rats/bats and other creatures of night present on the ship and send them after criminal scum janitor

Spoiler: This is for GM (click to show/hide)

5+1 vs 3

You compel the rats and bats aboard the ship to go devour T'zzz. You're not even sure how bats got aboard the ship, but you take control of them anyway. They serve well, viciously tearing into T'zzz until sleep gas forces them to retreat.

...alright, Captain, now what do we do?

...captain?

Goddamnit Crunch where the fuck are you.

Try to locate the captain. Failing that, review the crew member database for who has the highest rank on the ship aside from myself.

6, no roll because the information is public on the OP.

You review security footage and find the last known sighting of the captain. He's sitting at his desk and reviewing crew logs when a time vortex suddenly opens behind him. The Captain falls into it and the portal then closes. The camera reveals no further relevant information. It looks like you'll have to manage without a Cap'n for now. According to the usual rules of spacecraft rank, the next in line would usually be First Mate Joshua Dantès. However, since he revealed that he was actually a supernatural being and left his post, the current highest ranking crew member is Security Officer GiantDad.

Greet fellow creatures of the Void, since we're supposedly on the same side. Request that they give me some milk, so that I can open more gates between the Void and this plane.

You successfully persuade the Void nightmares to hand over their milk by communicating that you are responsible for unleashing them and the Seven. They happily step aside and allow you the pool. As you collect it, you see that their drool has mixed in with the milk and made this sample particularly well suited to your plans.

Silence: Knows what to do
Silence: Gets his phone out
Silence: Goes to the Space Amazon Website
Silence: Orders a snake
Silence: Salutes the sky

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You contact Delta and gas the room. Somehow, T'zzz is unaffected. You scan the room to check if he is perhaps a hologram or an android or the like. Surprisingly, his brain scans are consistent with a being experiencing REM sleep despite the fact that he's acting normally.

One turn to possible Doom Mug impact, although it won't naturally hit anything in the Void.

Unless prevented, the Seven will devour the universe in three turns.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 08, 2019, 02:34:50 am »

Contact hidden vampire conspiracy network and inform them about eldritch gods killing universe, hope they can manipulate politicians to send navy and nuke goat gods real hard

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 08, 2019, 04:39:46 am »

"Oooh cool there's another me and he complements my creations." Dr. Bob says to himself. He then turns to the other Dr. Bob and says, "Of course I'll help me complete my quest to make an Ubermensch version of myself." He then pauses for a minute thinking about what the UberBob will be like before saying, "I just thought of the most important thing to ask you....       sense you sawed off your antlers does that mean you can wear all kinds of fancy hats that I can't because of my antlers?"

Join other Dr. Bob on his quest to make the UberBob.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 08, 2019, 05:19:15 am »

Oh great the AI is still racist against no-humans.

Enter the moloko inter-web/mainframe/whatever and punch the AI in it's face.

Technically I am still in a dream so I can do whatever I want.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 08, 2019, 05:34:17 am »

Right. There’s like half an hour until the Universe is devoured.
hack into the security cameras to access the power grid for this room. From there, first deactivate the security camera, then deactivate any alarm or such. Use the Sonic Screwdriver to get into the sealed chamber, and get the remote control. Be very carwful with the device, don’t push any buttons by accident. Being it back to the room with the time machine, and begin. If that all goes well, Fill the old time machine with bear traps, and open it such as that anything above it will fall in and be trapped. Fetch the auxiliary controls, and pre-type in a destination: the day of the creation of planet earth.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 08, 2019, 09:53:13 am »

(I wanted to make sure I understand what you mean. Say you absorbed coffee, grew a limb, and then absorbed milk. Would Rana then be white with a brown limb?)
Yes

Try to get in the ship while the Bobs are talking

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 08, 2019, 10:33:11 am »

Silence: Backs away a bit
Silence: Throws a slab of meat to the giant snake
Silence: Feeds Douge some meat also so he does not feel left out
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:53:47 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2019, 11:09:53 am »

”You are going to meet Cthulhu now.”

Try it again.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 08, 2019, 11:47:47 am »

"Hey. You might be big cosmic world eaters, but I bet you can't send me to the void. Fools!"

Try to taunt them into sending me to the void, so that I may recover the only milk that's hidden from my grasp. While blasting them with power beams.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2019, 12:59:31 pm »

Unlock the door, surround myself with the scout drones as a backup, then finally kill T'zzz by bisecting him.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2019, 03:07:46 pm »

Set about promoting Security Officer GiantDad to Captain, then look through the crew logs and recommended crew composition to figure out what positions need filling and who might be the best person to promote to the post (as well as who might be best to replace them should their prior position also be necessary).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 3:Turn 30
« Reply #433 on: June 10, 2019, 02:07:43 am »

Turn 30

The people of Earth feel a deep chill and shudder as the Doom Mug passes harmlessly through Earth's position from inside the Void. The sensation ends quickly and is replaced with worldwide relief.

Contact hidden vampire conspiracy network and inform them about eldritch gods killing universe, hope they can manipulate politicians to send navy and nuke goat gods real hard
(Do vampires influencing political powers technically count as using vampire powers? Whatever the answer, I find the question funny enough to grant the bonus.)
2+1

You get on the intergalatic Internet and get in contact with the vampire conspiracy network. Normally, getting their support would take much longer, but having about 20 minutes left before the universe ends does tend to hurry the political process a bit. The other vampires hurriedly send Alliance troops. It takes a while for them to arrive, and by the time they do the goats have already been sent to another plane by their other opponents.

"Oooh cool there's another me and he complements my creations." Dr. Bob says to himself. He then turns to the other Dr. Bob and says, "Of course I'll help me complete my quest to make an Ubermensch version of myself." He then pauses for a minute thinking about what the UberBob will be like before saying, "I just thought of the most important thing to ask you....       sense you sawed off your antlers does that mean you can wear all kinds of fancy hats that I can't because of my antlers?"

Join other Dr. Bob on his quest to make the UberBob.

"You know me well, timeline-brother. Why else would I have cut them off?"

You shake hands with the other you and turn to leave on the Z-wing. When you do, both of you notice a large pack of hungry mutants approaching. Given the usual hobbies of your culture, escaped lab experiments such as these actually represent the vast majority of animal life on Cervidae. Your path to the Z-wing is cut off.

Oh great the AI is still racist against no-humans.

Enter the moloko inter-web/mainframe/whatever and punch the AI in it's face.

Technically I am still in a dream so I can do whatever I want.

1 vs 6+1 for Delta's hacking defenses.

You try to dream of beating past Delta's defenses and attaching a bunch of magnets to his hard drives. However, you find yourself blocked by a line of vicious electric sheep. Further hacking efforts are precluded when GiantDad marches into your chamber with a squad of scout drones and cuts you down with his massive sword. As the blade impacts, you jolt "awake". However, you don't recognize the waiting room where you awaken. St. Peter waits at a podium, tapping a pen against the wood.

"So, you've finally arrived. To tell you the truth, with all your recent actions, you would normally have been immediately condemned. Your sins are many, my child, chief among them being the time when you launched a Doom Mug at Earth for your own benefit. However, Self Defense Cybernetics really put in a good word for you, so we've decided to consider giving you a second chance. Tell me, if you were given the opportunity to live your life over again, what would you do with it?"

Unlock the door, surround myself with the scout drones as a backup, then finally kill T'zzz by bisecting him.

4, 1+2 for sword and prep vs 2-1

You wait for the scout drones to arrive and walk into the cell with your arms stretched out in your favorite pose. T'zzz seems to be focusing and attempting to launch some sort of psionic attack. Whatever it was, it doesn't save him. You take two steps forward, heft your sword, and finally slam it into the squirming mass of tentacles. You cut him cleanly in two. The remains split apart, drop to the ground, and fade to nothingness. A beeping noise from your communicator informs you that Delta has decided to promote you to Captain of the Moloko.

Right. There’s like half an hour until the Universe is devoured.
hack into the security cameras to access the power grid for this room. From there, first deactivate the security camera, then deactivate any alarm or such. Use the Sonic Screwdriver to get into the sealed chamber, and get the remote control. Be very carwful with the device, don’t push any buttons by accident. Being it back to the room with the time machine, and begin. If that all goes well, Fill the old time machine with bear traps, and open it such as that anything above it will fall in and be trapped. Fetch the auxiliary controls, and pre-type in a destination: the day of the creation of planet earth.

6, 2+1 for sonic screwdriver, 4, 2+1 for 5, 5

You hack the security cameras and access the room's power grid. However, you accidentally overload it in the process and blow out the taxon regulators. The room goes dark. You could repair it, but you don't think you want to answer the uncomfortable questions when Delta or the securitybots decide to investigate the power failure. You snatch up the sonic screwdriver and use it to steal the remote control and other Time Lord supplies before you escape the vault.

You return to your secret room and begin setting your Time Lord trap. You realize that you don't actually have any bear traps, so you promise yourself that you'll get them later. You then hear a knock at your door and a masked figure gives you a big box of bear traps. Deliberately refusing to figure out the figure's identity, you set up the traps. You then carefully use the time machine one more time to go back to the days of American fur trapping, buy a box of bear traps, and deliver it to yourself before returning to the present. You consider the traps you've set. It's not as many as you'd have liked, but it should work.

You then turn your auxiliary controls to their "Creation of Earth" preset.

Yes

Try to get in the ship while the Bobs are talking

The Bobs are distracted by a pack of hungry monsters, which makes it easy for you to slip into the cockpit of the Z-wing. What did you want to do with it?

Silence: Backs away a bit
Silence: Throws a slab of meat to the giant snake
Silence: Feeds Douge some meat also so he does not feel left out

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Hey. You might be big cosmic world eaters, but I bet you can't send me to the void. Fools!"

Try to taunt them into sending me to the void, so that I may recover the only milk that's hidden from my grasp. While blasting them with power beams.

You stand before the Seven and dare them to send you to the Void while attacking them with blasts of raw power. You carefully keep your Glove tuned to nonlethal levels, however. Wouldn't want to lose your ticket, after all. One turns to regard you, and raises a hand. You see the universe dissolve around you. It is replaced with an inky expanse of endless blackness. Looks like your plan worked. You sense the Space Milk somewhere out there.

”You are going to meet Cthulhu now.”

Try it again.

4+1

Enough of this. You notice Thainos providing a momentary distraction before the Seven send him to the Void. You seize the opportunity and hit the Seven with the best portal you've got. The goats are disoriented as you hurl them into the Eldritch Plain. Of course, now the Eldritch Plain is in danger, but that may not be such a great loss.

Set about promoting Security Officer GiantDad to Captain, then look through the crew logs and recommended crew composition to figure out what positions need filling and who might be the best person to promote to the post (as well as who might be best to replace them should their prior position also be necessary).

(No roll needed, since you can just tell people that their ranks are changed.)

You consider the chain of command and adjust GiantDad's rank to Captain while considering other potential jobs that need to be filled. The most essential positions to be filled are First Mate and Security Officer. Technically, Adam Simons is still First Mate, but you suspect he probably isn't coming back. GiantDad's old job could also use a replacement. You consider the potential candidates. The list is rather discouraging. The Moloko could have really used a more properly trained crew, or at least a more reliable milk supply. Most of the crew is dead, MIA, or simply abandoned ship at some point. Of those who are still available, the most obvious are Silence the mime, Boris the scientist (and possible vampire), and Shaun the janitor.

As this is going on, you idly squelch a hacking attempt, verify that GiantDad killed the perpetrator, and notice an alert informing you that power has been cut to the ship's vault.

Unless prevented for some reason, the Seven will devour the Eldritch Plain in four turns.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:10:29 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 3:Turn 30
« Reply #434 on: June 10, 2019, 05:32:32 am »

"finish cleaning the moloko floors"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50