Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question about clouds of wicked soot.  (Read 940 times)

thehay95

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A question about clouds of wicked soot.
« on: April 10, 2019, 04:26:54 am »

Does this mean good areas have clouds of fairy dust or trapar?
công ty chăm người bệnh tại bệnh viện, giup viec nha quan 11 gia re

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A question about clouds of wicked soot.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:06:44 am »

No. Clouds only come in evil versions (and there's are not good rains of booze either, only evil rains and normal, depression inducing ones).

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 07:23:45 pm »

They are not randomly generated, but you can mod in those effects. I think you can have healing dust or resurrection effects among some options.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 03:05:35 am »

Hmm...wouldn't that make good dusts appear in Evil biomes?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 02:45:47 pm »

You can hack syndrome inducing rain (or just blood rain) and mist into non evil biomes as well. It's just that DF doesn't do it naturally.
If you hack an existing effect it will probably appear in the biome(s) DF assigned it to (if any), as well as the one(s) you hack it into, but you can remove or replace effects in biomes to avoid that.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 01:35:24 pm »

So you can make good areas full of unicorns and hippos that get reanimated? Is there a guide to that?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 05:00:26 pm »

The Biome Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164658.msg7495705#msg7495705 allows you to assign evil weather to non evil biomes. It does not allow you to manipulate the weather effects themselves, so you'll have to generate a world that have suitable effects and then look for one that suits your purpose (the tools provides means to look at the weather effects as part of the selection).
There's no guide for it, but the tool ought to be simple enough to figure it out without a step-by-step instruction.