Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with Combat/Race Mod  (Read 924 times)

Mindless TV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Need help with Combat/Race Mod
« on: April 16, 2019, 11:24:33 pm »

All right, so I recently started making a personal 'Armok' race to fool around with in Adventure mode and to teach myself the Ins and Outs of DF, been a lot of FUN!!

The race itself is made of a custom metal
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The entity file for it is empty at the moment, just enough in it to be able to select it as an Outsider, as I don't want a civilization of Armoks to destroy the world in world-gen.

and my creature file seems to be in order.

My issue comes in two forms. 1: I want him to only use unarmed combat, yet at the same time I want the humorous effect of killing things in one hit or having them 'propelled away by the force' while simultaneously dying. I get this effect when at Bronze Colossus size, but not at Human size where I want him to be. 2: I have been having an issue of still taking damage despite copying the bronze colossus file, changing the metal to a custom indestructible one and increasing its density insanely.

I think [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MULTIPLIER] helps but at the same time with such an insane number (see near bottom of creature file) I can only propel them a few tiles, and the damage is ignored by even the most basic armors. I've also made the density of the metal he is made of insane, yet I still don't get the results I want. Any suggestions?

TL:DR; How can I increase the damage & force of unarmed strikes and kicks? And how can I make my metal so I am sure no damage can be done to the loving Armok?

Mindless TV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with Combat/Race Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 03:44:30 am »

Went into arena mode and for being made out of an insanely strong metal, this Human Warrior made me his piece of grass. https://imgur.com/a/bS7fdlB

When I set up this mock-fight my goal was not to attack, but to see what happened when I got attacked with an iron short sword and the human having max stats. I feel like I'm missing something, or reading the wiki wrong. It says that 'Impact Yield' and 'Impact Fracture' (Along with the other variations) are what decides if the material is damaged or not in combat, I set them to insanely high numbers yet it is still fractured/chipped/cloven asunder by the most trivial things.

Here is an updated version of the metal I made, can anyone point out what is making it so weak?

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 10:07:46 am »

The wiki's units are a bit weird, but try a density of greater than 10850 (like 11000 or 15000, just to account for errors) for your divine metal. That's the calaculated threshold for an iron short sword with an attack area of 20000 to deflect. Also why not put in a [HEALING_RATE:1] in the tissue definition to super heal any damage? Otherwise I think that any material will eventually fail do to cumulative damage.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 03:55:24 pm »

I think your numbers are to big and are causing a value overflow. Try dropping them from 50000000 to 5000000.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 12:06:59 am »

Maximum strength is 100000000, maximum max_edge is 2147483647. Anything larger than 2147483647 will overflow and become negative for either.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 06:38:19 pm »

You no longer need an entity file to make an adventurer of the creature. Just put [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] on the creature.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia