Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Conductor's Jubilee  (Read 8789 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Conductor's Jubilee
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2019, 11:20:09 pm »

An anonymous lady wanders onto the scene.

"Well, this is chaos.  About as much as expected, given the freeform nature of this place and the nature of the place surrounding it..."

The lady throws a lit lighter into the spiderwebs!  "Now let's have some !!FUN!!."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

atrousCosmocrat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2019, 08:40:43 am »

Mitch have you got news?
any juicy riddles or
some other intel?

you're here as our spy;
put here as an inside man.
by our family.

"the godfather's strong
like some half-baked superman.
find his kryptonite!"

that there was your job.
have you fulfilled any part
of the task at hand?

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2019, 01:58:19 pm »

Scene V - Seeing in Eights
////(oooo, _ ,oooo)\\\\\

Now I need to use some of the souls to give my self more health, then use my super donkey powers to punch the speakeasy to death!
You gain 4 more points of HP at the cost of 100 souls! Hey, health doesn't grow on trees. You do, however, fail to kill the speakeasy due to the fact that it was constructed out of the wood of a health tree, and as such exhibits unnatural regeneration. Its ire is earned, and it unhinges from within the ground, hovering over the air, and launches itself at you! You'd better move away if you don't want to be smashed to pieces.

”what do you mean by lazy reality? Do you need help from those webs? The building tipped over”
Amplify my voice so everyone can hear me say the following
“Why is everyone fighting? I died from a fight here and don’t want others to suffer my fate”
Exit the radio and possess a random entity that is currently fighting and lead them out of the Speakeasy, then give back control of their body and observe their reaction

"What do I mean? I'll show you what I mean." he pulls his arm out from the table in a swishing motion, and snaps his fingers. A few cracks materialise in the fabric of reality itself. "It's always trouble when a buncha reality benders gather in one spot. The old thing just can't handle it. Yeesh, and I thought it was bad back in my time. There's gotta be like ten of you chumps here at this point. No surprise that all this spontaneous trickery keeps popping from outta nowhere." he frowns, and shrugs, and continues hiding under the desk.

You possess Bobo. Bobo exits the speakeasy, and then you exit him. However, you find that he immediately disappears, and appears behind you inside the speakeasy. Perhaps you should be more precise with the creature you're possessing. Bobo is simply too powerful.

Having reanimated after what seems like an age of waiting for the next action, shake off the lethargy.

shrug at the malefic girl regarding cults, saying that some of them are, but most just try to destroy the world, which isn't. Point out the spider thing inside the speakeasy, which seems fairly unusual and thusly of interest considering her dad’s status as a reality bender.

"Oh, that thing? Yeah, I've honestly got no idea about that. Probably a result of some horrifying experiment. Reality bending's kinda vague anyway, the stuff I can do is different from the stuff all of you can do, and then that's-- Oh. I probably shouldn't ramble on about that. Someone might be watching. You never know who's watching! That's rule one. Always on your toes." she states, then flashes a smile. She marches on slowly to the speakeasy, attempting to observe the spider.

I am going to the town, stopping a robbery with my superpower of a sowrd for a hand, proving I am a vigilanty superhero!
Heading off into town, you notice a young dame harassed by a masked assailant. Your goal is clear - prevent a robbery. So you murder the lass in cold blood, and nod to the masked gentleman, good lad, and watch him run off with her belongings. Hey, it's not a robbery now - this way, he was just looting her corpse. You thus prove your status as a vigilanty[sic]!

As the speakeasy tips over, I slide out of the bathroom, grabbing the gun from my shadow as I fall past it.  Tumbling through the air, I shoot the spider.
Somehow, the spider writhes in agony ten seconds before you shoot him. Confused, you fire the gun regardless (+10 points for style!). The bullet spirals across the plummeting speakeasy, bounces off Naturegirl1999's radio antennae, then into the crack in reality generated by the Godfather. From this, you can only conclude that it traveled back in time. You land on your feet in a feline fashion, phew.
The spider takes 5 damage!

as the Speakeasy flips over, I panic and grab onto the nearest table to use it as a shield. bashing the poor soul who happens to be below me. 
You bash Bobo, but then realize that you're not drunk enough to see Bobo, and instead fall into the Godfather's reality crack! You end up in the space outside of space, spiralling into infinite speeds, and you only manage to reach the speed needed to burst out at the end of the update!

Inhale as much of the drunken haze as possible, to get stupid drunk as possible. This is beneficial for four reasons!
1: It's easier to bend reality when you barely understand it's current form.
B: If Bobo relies on the drunken haze to exist, then by becoming a source of the drunken haze, Bobo has a reliable existence. And if Bobo is always behind me, then our trust in one another means he always has my back. Bobo is inevitable.
And least, but not last: Becoming one with the haze will confer immunity to the haze! I might have a hell of a hangover if the haze dissipates, but for now?

DRUNKEN BENDING!

Ooh, boy, looks like I've already gotten somewhat drunk. Did I say 4? I meant half of 8. Like, vertical half. The, uh... left side? Yeah, but flipped.
Since you conceive of the "vertical half of 8, flipped" reasons why being drunk is beneficial, 8 flips on its side, becoming infinity, and as such, you now have the vertical half of infinite reasons.
Overcome with drunken energy, you hear footsteps from behind. They seem to be... getting louder? Tap, tap, tap, tap. They're almost inhuman. They're almost inhumanly loud. TAP, TAP, TAP. IT'S COMING FROM YOUR HEAD. BOBO IS ALREADY HERE.

An anonymous lady wanders onto the scene.

"Well, this is chaos.  About as much as expected, given the freeform nature of this place and the nature of the place surrounding it..."

The lady throws a lit lighter into the spiderwebs!  "Now let's have some !!FUN!!."
Welcome to the game!
Unfortunately for you, the spiderweb seems to be a literal lattice of interconnected spider babies instead of a web generated by a spider. The spiderlings shriek in agony. The abominable spider shrieks alongside his children, letting out a terrible screech heard from the inside of your head. The remaining spiders engulf the fire, leaving only a small patch of themselves. Said patch is also chasing you down!

Mitch have you got news?
any juicy riddles or
some other intel?

you're here as our spy;
put here as an inside man.
by our family.

"the godfather's strong
like some half-baked superman.
find his kryptonite!"

that there was your job.
have you fulfilled any part
of the task at hand?
"Although our people,
Only speak in poetry,
I indeed fooled him.

Of me he thinks well,
A comrade he sees in me,
Gullible buffoon.

Mighty on his perch,
Yet he errs for he is man,
Which I have observed.

Brother, hear my words,
His weakness lies in the fact,
That-
"

Mitch suddenly vanishes in a fashion not dissimilar from a hologram. Clapping is heard from the distance, and then a figure seen from within the shadows. Clad in a suit top to bottom, hat completing the look, he enters the domain of light, and you see the smirk across his well-groomed yet child-like face. "Checkmate." he grins. You recognize this man to be multiple-time chess world champion and one of the most prolific chess players of all time, Magnus Carlsen. He shouldn't even be born yet, and even still, he stands before you.

Quote from: JOEBob
I call death to try and buy this chunk of disconnected reality, like, officially. I have some malefic girl hair, and malefic girl was from another reality, right? so by the past prices this price should purchase the purpose of my purpose.
You can't buy this chunk of disconnected reality, because prices work differently here, duh. It doesn't work the same across... disconnected realities in other games! Point is, just try to do something at least somewhat tangential to the game?

The abominable spider watches over all of you carefully. The spider's webs, which turned out to be actual webs made out of spider babies, were burned down thanks to the efforts of TheBiggerFish. The spider doesn't find this very appealing. What it finds even less appealing, however, is that due to King Zultan's action, the entire speakeasy is tumbling down the street. Tables and desks and chairs and everything in between is flying into the air - except for the spider, which was somehow unaffected due to the adhesive properties of its limbs. If you wish your action to be uninterrupted, find a way to work around the chaos. Perhaps you may even stop the speakeasy.

The spider prepares to shoot more spider-webs, but suddenly, MedievalParadox flies off from a nearby crack and jams its spinnerets! The webbing explodes, sending MedievalParadox flying, and coats the alcohol on the floor with tiny spiders. The spider takes an additional 3 points of damage from this. Luckily for the Malefic Girl, she managed to hold onto the speakeasy before it started running down the alleyway, but is barely hanging on to it. Finally, there appears to be some sort of commotion in the basement of the speakeasy, which remains attached for unknown and nonsensical reasons, with atrousCosmocrat and the world chess champion.

The Godfather is exposed from the safety of his desk thanks to the desk flying off into a nearby wall. Now's your chance to get him!

Speakeasy (Tumbling down the street after King Zultan)
Mobster Godfather: 46/50 HP. Naked and afraid! Target him!
Abominable Spider: 8/16 HP. Impervious to the tumbling. Generating more webbing!

Alleyway
Donkey of the Rising Sun: 10/10 HP. Souls remaining: 100.
Malefic Girl: 5/5 HP. Hanging on to dear life!

MedievalParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2019, 02:26:45 pm »

Well this is certainly a predicament, I can feel my nerves starting to get the best of me again and a Plan forms in my head.

"I really hope this doesn't make things permanently worse..."

I use my telekinetic powers to open up any and all of the windows I can find   hoping the extra wind would do something, anything really to improve the situation...or at the very least make it worse for the Mafia godfather and his minions. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2019, 02:33:06 pm »

Teleport everyone Currently inside the Speakeasy into a mausoleum. Maybe the confusion from location change can prevent further destruction
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 02:36:15 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2019, 02:34:57 pm »

Great! now that I proved my intentions I go to town hull and stop all curroption!
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2019, 03:20:40 pm »

The multitude of spiderlings running in every direction prove too tempting for the birds that compose my being!  A swarm of sparrows and jays descend upon the arachnoid multitude and begin gorging themselves.  Despite this, I continue to maintain the facade that I am a human and fire a few more rounds at the big spider.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2019, 03:56:56 pm »

Using holy magic to give me angel wings and wind magic to give me an updraft, I take flight and glide after the speakeasy, casting ice magic to try and freeze it in place (and likely turning all the liquor inside into cold ones.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:39:36 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2019, 05:22:37 am »

Use whatever magic I might have as a donkey to make the speakeasy explode, if that fails just run into an alley and hide.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2019, 10:49:37 pm »

The lady casually walks away from the explosion of a good-sized chunk of C4 she just now threw into the speakeasy/spiderlings/godfather, using the Sheer Coolness Powers of it to make sure that no bystanders (or birds) are harmed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:52:59 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2019, 12:31:52 pm »

Awaken from my spontaneous coma and observe my surroundings. Search self for any audio devices the CIA may have planted on me, and then ask the nearest being what year it is.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]