Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105]

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 102968 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1560 on: December 17, 2020, 01:45:31 pm »

Been meaning to make a Syndicate or Anime-Cat-Girls mod for years too :)
(pretty sure the phase-space for that is open since Kyzrati decided x@com/syndicate-mod had less potential than Cogmind proper. And a necromunda/spryer team of anime-cat-girls game does sound fun too)
Wanted to ask about what exactly those catgirls would fight, but then noticed necromunda specification i glanced over.  ::) Although i'm not sure if it refers to exact (as much as it can be, with catgirls goofing around) setting. Ahem. Does Syndicate refers to obscure FPS from 2012, and does spryer (i didn't know that word existed) team means jovial catwomen team, spraying team, or something else entirely?  :P

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 17, 2020, 02:05:58 pm »

Been meaning to make a Syndicate or Anime-Cat-Girls mod for years too :)
(pretty sure the phase-space for that is open since Kyzrati decided x@com/syndicate-mod had less potential than Cogmind proper. And a necromunda/spryer team of anime-cat-girls game does sound fun too)
Wanted to ask about what exactly those catgirls would fight, but then noticed necromunda specification i glanced over.  ::) Although i'm not sure if it refers to exact (as much as it can be, with catgirls goofing around) setting. Ahem. Does Syndicate refers to obscure FPS from 2012, and does spryer (i didn't know that word existed) team means jovial catwomen team, spraying team, or something else entirely?  :P

I'm pretty sure that anybody referring to Syndicate-the-game would be talking about the 1993 one that played as a tactical game.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Over a year of being misquoted.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 17, 2020, 09:15:34 pm »

Yeah. The 1993 original Syndicate. Someone ripped the tileset ages ago, and it might not be too hard to bodgy together some recharging-shield-style items that mod basic stats for the combat-drug injectors. Be a very big project though.

The cat-girl thing would just be a soldier-type-as-class mod, kind of like the ubers/ peasants/ gnomes of xpiratez. Just with the basic tropes, the strong nukey one, the fast ninja'y one, etc. Not sure how hard it would be to lock weapons to each character type, but it shouldn't be too difficult to work out something, even if I just do it with built-in weapons (ala magical girl armour in xpiratez). Easier and funner to make and plot out, so I might start with that and gain the skills I'll need for a full Syndicate mod later on.

Wanted to ask about what exactly those catgirls would fight,
Xcom enemies. There's only so much pixelling a person wants to do. Bad enough I'm just going to screengrab mmd models from isometric angles for the cat-girl graphics and down-res them. So, evil aliens, not "anime" aliens.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:48:48 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105]