Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Zorbus (D&D inspired roguelike)  (Read 36167 times)

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zorbus (D&D inspired roguelike)
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2021, 07:54:08 am »

Release 51   (24-Jul-2021)
  • Not so much new stuff in this release, but had to make a full release after some structural changes to data files.
  • Fixed a bug where alternate paths to target were not properly calculated at distance 2 (affected reach attacks among others).
  • Resting does not start if creatures that get gradually hostile are seen.
  • You can now drop items from your or your companion's inventory when exchanging items.
  • Creatures with lightsources waiting in ambush no longer lit wall tiles until the ambush is sprung.
  • Lots of small tweaks.
http://www.zorbus.net

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2021, 11:32:43 pm »

Got an update for Zorbus and Malwarebytes detected a file in it as malware. It was titled "MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%"

What's this file?

EDIT: Ok so I found out that is just a title given by Malewarebytes meaning it doesn't match with anything they see as valid files by 100%. It targeted Zorbus.exe so I don't know what caused it to go from 0% to 100% with that last patch, but there you go mister developer.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 11:37:30 pm by Micro102 »

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2021, 01:03:43 am »

It's been a problem with some of the malware/virus scanners. I don't know what's causing it.

You can use https://www.virustotal.com to scan the archive (http://www.zorbus.net/Zorbus.zip) online without downloading it.

A direct link (press the refresh icon to rescan):
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/d15c36a96484fc943ef0a19ecbf3d0099f7e9216a8a6298af03d8852ade7ef24/detection

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2021, 01:14:35 am »

O I already fixed it, played a game as a wizard, and rage quit after being one-shot by an arrow. I trust you :)

(P.S.: please add after-death logs and/or step by step replays)

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2021, 01:26:56 am »

(P.S.: please add after-death logs and/or step by step replays)

You can see last log messages if you click "Open obituary" from the game over -screen.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2021, 04:10:32 pm »

O, so you can. I skimmed that last time but must have missed that.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2021, 05:16:53 am »

Just did a god ascension with an aasimar. I didn't bother with a godfight and released the Chained God from the secret room in the Zorbus, this took care of a god for me. Game keeps being great and the best roguelike I've ever played, no changes here.

A bit of additional feedback:

-Dimensional anchors seem to persist when one goes from a level to the next. Is it intentional?
-Clones and golems seem to count for your party size vs. spirit check which leads to awkwardness if you want to maximize it - you have to max out spirit and recruits before activating that golem and clone switch. Instead of doing all that it'd be simpler if they just didn't count.
-Sometimes recruitable creatures wander off their room and start fighting with denizens, taking away precious XP and getting killed in the process. This can happen in the very first turns of level exploration as well. Bit annoying if you ask me
-It'd be neat if the game told you when there are no creatures vulnerable to holy burst in your line of sight since you can't really guess intuitively (golems and mimics are evil but jellies are not?)
-When you're standing in a poison cloud or acid cloud or web and you're surrounded by allies you can't move because it'd mean swapping places with your ally who would then stand in that cloud or web. I understand the "not throwing your buddies under the bus" rationale but it shouldn't apply to golems or temporary summons.
-Sometimes there are scrolls of activate golem without a golem to go with it. Since every golem chamber goes with its scroll it just means useless scrolls of activate golem laying around. Maybe exclude it in random item generation?
-Carillo really needs better shops, right now the gold system is near useless. Instead of random junk it should really sell 10k zorbit elixirs and belts of awesomeness and stuff
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:03:51 am by Nopenope »

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2021, 06:26:11 pm »

Release 52   (06-Sep-2021)
  • Fixed a bug where animated skeletons would needlessly pick up several armors and shields. (thanks to Faeren for reporting)
  • Level-wide anchor/wither-effects are removed when you go to another dungeon level / Carillo. (thanks to nopenope for reporting)
  • Golems and clones are no longer counted as real recruits when maximum number of recruits based on Spirit-ability is determined. (thanks to nopenope for suggesting)
  • Holy Burst talent is disabled in quickslots and talents list if there are no evil creatures seen. Same for the wand.
  • Some devices, mostly wands, are disabled in quickslots and inventory if they can't be used (for example, a wand might affect seen hostiles, but is disabled if none is seen).
  • Health bars under creatures are now framed with black, making them stand out more. (thanks to Namsan for suggesting)
  • New setting: White Health bars under friendly creatures. If enabled, Health bars under friendly creatures are white instead of green. Might help to distinguish friendly creatures from hostile creatures if you are suffering from red-green color blindness. (thanks to Namsan for suggesting)
  • Clicking left mouse button on a distant hostile creature no longer throws a throwable weapon unless it's of returning-type.
  • Clicking left mouse button on a distant hostile creature now respects the "Attack marked auto swaps to shooting set" setting, meaning that if the setting is enabled, and passive weapon set has a shooting weapon, then weapon set is swapped.
  • Fixed several characters in in-game books and help texts, that caused odd characters in some non-English Windows-versions. (thanks to Namsan for reporting)
  • http://building.zorbus.net has a roguelike development related "book" in PDF-format called "Building Zorbus one brick at a time".
Big thanks to Maximum Break (Gidon) and Another Dying (Jay) for making YouTube let's play videos of the game!
Another Dying: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt8DIPRtpvB6Na5aBXH6ZIbMb0XDG6xdg
Maximum Break: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7yHTTOjLsXkZn7t5Qsuc3wcGXT8vjHii

Thanks, Nopenope! This update hopefully fixes some of those things.

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2021, 01:02:45 pm »

Release 53   (19-Sep-2021)
  • New talent: Expert Trapper. Normally you can set traps to nearby tiles only, but with this talent you can set traps traps on tiles up to distance 3. Setting a trap never fails and takes only half the time it would normally take to set. Traps set by you are harder to avoid, and possible damage or duration is increased by 50%. You will also gain a +4 bonus to Disable-checks when disabling traps.
  • New talent: Expert Enchanter. Normally you can safely enchant an item with 3 enchantments, and every enchantment point above 3 decreases the enchantment chance by 15 percentage points. Plusses, extra elemental damage points, holy-/returning-/vampiric-properties, and on-hit effects count as enchantments. With this talent you can enchant items safely without any restrictions. Tieflings get this talent automatically.
  • New item: Scroll of Disjunction. This scroll separates enchantments from the main-hand weapon of the active weapon set into separate enchantment scrolls. Even if the weapon has several plusses, only one Scroll of Enchant Weapon is created. Sentient weapons are not affected.
  • New item: Elixir of Ability. Increases a random ability score. Only available in shops, restocked every now and then.
  • Non-unique armor, shields, and weapons in shops are a bit cheaper now.
  • Fixed a bug where companions would just drop a better item after you gave it to them through item exchange. Reminder: Companions won't change equipped items that are set by the player in companions' equipment lists. Ammunition is an exception.
  • Trap tweaks. Fixed a bug where no dialog was opened when you walked on a known floor trap that was on a tile with an opened door. You can now safely walk on floor traps set by you (the dialog is still opened). Reminder: in some situations you may want to intentionally spring a known trap, for example Animate, Confusion, Dismiss, Summon, or Anchoring traps. If you spring your own Animate or Summon trap, then the created creatures will be friendly towards you, and attack creatures that are hostile towards you. Animated creatures without a master will eventually turn hostile against everyone.
  • Fixed some grammar mistakes and typos.
http://www.zorbus.net
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 02:14:22 pm by zorbus_overdose »

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2021, 09:28:45 am »

Release 54   (21-Sep-2021)
  • Fixed a severe bug in character generation. (thanks to David Mortin for reporting)
  • Scrolls of Disjunction are now generated only in shops. You're guaranteed to find 2 scrolls.
  • Scroll of Disjunction now shows a preview of possible disjunction results (a list of scrolls that will be created).
Release 54 - Patch 1   (30-Sep-2021)
  • Note: Your save files should work after the patch, but make a backup of the save folder before updating!
  • Fixed a bug that prevented using stairs / teleporters. (thanks to Zero and Synth for reporting)
Release 54 - Patch 2   (10-Oct-2021)
  • Fixed a bug where a creature was marked as caught in a web / slime even when escaped the map effect.
  • Fixed a bug where a creature was marked as poisoned even when the effect had ended.
  • Creatures are cured from poison and disease after using Die Hard or a life saving item.
  • You can now displace creatures from a cloud map effect.
  • You can now swap places with an animated or a summoned party member or a recruited golem from a harmful map effect.
  • New character archetype: infernal (tiefling).

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2021, 04:03:35 pm »

Tried another run to test and make a superb enchanted weapon  :D I think the first 2-3 levels are a bit too difficult. It is too easy to get rushed by a large group upon the start of the level when you have nowhere to run and can have trouble with some enemies even 1v1... I had to save-scum a bit to make it past, but the later lvls felt better then I remember, as I am currently at floor 8 and while the difficulty has decreased quite a bit there are still few situations where I have to be careful not to be killed (mostly around the bosses in the throne room).

I also noticed two more bugs. First, expert enchanter does not apply to enchanting armor, good thing I made a save before enchanting my +5 plate armor  ???. Second, I somehow managed to loot the guest rooms in the shop by swapping places with the quests to get them outside of the room and then closing the door. If you move on the tile they occupy you swap positions, and they move only once in a while, so you can move them a bit, not sure how I got them to the otherside of the door now that I think about it, but I did it somehow, allowing me to loot the chest for items, which I found quite useful in the early game (but to be fair I only used a +3 longsword that I got when monsters I lured to shop lvl lured the guest outside of a different room and he never returned (not sure if he died or just stayed outside))

edit: also noticed that attacks against ghost guardians (the friendly ones that turn hostile if you try to loot their chests) do not mention holy attack. It does not seem to do dmg, and is not even listed as if they resisted it (like holy: 0 = 1 - res 99 or something). Not sure if bug or feature.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:02:51 am by Mkok »

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2021, 12:45:38 pm »

Thanks, Mkok!

Release 54 - Patch 3   (17-Oct-2021)
  • If you fail at setting a trap, a dialog will open asking if you want to retry the attempt or abort. You can try as many times as you want, but each attempt will take normal duration. The dialog will not open / will close if a hostile creature spots you. (thanks to Namsan for the idea)
  • Fixed a shop-level loophole. (thanks to Mkok for reporting)
  • Expert Enchanter talent was originally deliberately meant to affect weapon enchanting only, but changed to also affect armor enchanting.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2021, 03:48:25 pm »

I have no idea how you're supposed to beat the overgod. I conquered every single level with ease including the secret Carillo stuff, released every single baddie in the Zorbus, but they only took down a couple of gods. Then you're supposed to beat up the rest of the gods one by one but by my third god my party had shrunk to one (rip companions, clones and golems). When I faced a god I couldn't handle I had to trick her into coming in a dark corner of a Zorbus cell before approaching the overgod to ask for a normal God ascension (the overgod, like all characters, won't talk if there are hostiles in one's line of sight). Am I supposed to beat up gods before releasing the Chained God and other bad stuff when shit gets too tough? How do people even do overgod speed runs?

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2021, 07:18:49 am »

No idea how to do it in a single run, the most I managed was kill every god except for one with my last enchanter (bow with 10+ enchantments helped quite a bit). I imagine if I were to release prisoners more intelligently I would have been able to kill that god as well. I found it quite useful to release a prisoner, lure him just so he agroes 1-2 gods, and then attack the god once he is fighting the prisoner. easy kill. Maybe doing this with the overgod would have some success as well. But the key to killing overgod is that if you become god or demigod, then you and your entire party will be in zorbus in the future as well, and they will be allied to your other characters, so you can, over multiple runs, kill of the gods and build an army of characters to gang up upon the overgod. I did kill him once, but I had plenty help from previous chars.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 07:27:15 am by Mkok »

zorbus_overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2022, 06:59:56 am »

Release 55   (12-Aug-2022)
  • Resting until healed took quite a while in late game when you had hundreds of Health points. Optimized to be at least a bit faster.
  • Companion tactics. You can now command a companion to prefer ranged tactics instead of the default tactics. Ranged tactics means that the companion tries to maintain distance to hostiles and use mostly ranged weapons. Default tactics uses both melee and ranged weapons, and wont't try to maintain distance to hostiles. Ranged tactics is indicated with a "R" letter on the companion image in the companion list. Default key for changing tactics is ALT + 1 - 9 (companion number) or ALT + 0 to change tactics of all companions.
  • You can use "ranged attack and retreat" tactics if you set behavior to REGROUP and tactics to RANGED on all characters. Can be very useful in some situations, like when retreating from a group of oozes that would otherwise destroy the party with their acid attacks.
  • Companions follow the player better in corridors. Companions no longer try to follow the player / chase enemies through unexplored areas.
  • New talent: "Seeker Shots". With this talent you can target anything that you see within your shooting weapon's range. There's a -3 modifier to attack per each obstacle in the line of fire. Can not be used with Dualshot or Multishot.
  • Tweaked autoammo a bit, so that regular or everlasting ammunition will be used against creatures with a "harmless" or "mostly harmless" challenge rating. There was a small bug in the previous implementation and it didn't take challenge rating into account, so autoammo would waste better ammo on harmless creatures. Autoammo can be toggled with CTRL + Q.
  • Hoopak can be used for reach attacks and shoot attacks. If the DPR of the shoot attack is higher than the DPR of a reach attack, then a shoot attack is made when distance to target is 2 (or at distance 1-2 if you have the "Close Combat Ranged" talent).
  • The area of effect of "Chain Lightning" talent and wand changed to "chain". Targets can now try to dodge the effect.
  • Dodging vs spell damage now takes the spellcaster's Magic-skill into account. The higher the caster's Magic-skill is, the more difficult the spell is to dodge.
  • Removed kick attack from playable character races. Unarmed fighting isn't really a thing for the player character, and previously punch + kick attacks in the beginning of the game were more powerful than most weapons.
  • You can see skill and talent progression when you mouse over the Mind-ability in the character sheet.
  • In-game Zorbupedia has a talent progression table in the talents info section.
  • Changed weapon enchantment a bit:
    • You can now safely enchant a weapon with 4 enchantments, and every enchantment point above 4 decreases the enchantment chance by 15 percentage points. Plusses, extra elemental damage points, holy-/returning-/vampiric-properties, and on-hit effects count as enchantments.
    • With the "Expert Enchanter" talent you can now safely enchant weapons with 9 enchantments. Every enchantment point above 9 decreases the enchantment chance by 15 percentage points. This talent enables armor enchanting without any restrictions.
    • You can no longer enchant a weapon with a "Scroll of (element) Weapon)" if the weapon already has that damage element.
  • New enchant scroll: Scroll of Returning Shield. You need the "Shield Bash" talent to throw a returning shield.
  • New item: Carillo Express Card. Included in the items from the "Silver Spoon" talent. With the card, you will automatically get discount from the regular shops in Carillo. The card has charges which can be used to teleport the party to the Carillo teleporter. The card vanishes once the charges run out.
  • New item: "Unearthed Arcana" book (Halaster's diary) has finally some content. Some new text added to "Dungeon Master's Guide" as well.
  • New item: Wand of Wind. Conjures forth a strong gust of wind, which extinguishes lightsources and disperses cloud effects in 15 tile radius. Environment lightsources (torches, braziers, etc.) and lightsources carried by creatures are affected. Creatures whose lightsources are extinguished won't be able to relight them for a small duration (10-15 rounds).
  • New item: Arrow of Extinguishing / Bullet of Extinguishing. Ammunition that can extinguish lightsources. Environment lightsources (torches, braziers, etc.) and lightsources carried by creatures can be targeted. A creature whose lightsource is extinguished won't be able to relight it for a small duration (10-15 rounds). If you have enabled autoammo then this ammunition will be automatically chosen when the target cursor is on an environment lightsource.
  • New character archetype (quickstart character type): "Noble". Has the "Silver Spoon" talent which includes the new Carillo Express card.
  • Small adjustments to character archetypes.
  • Some new monsters. The nastiest new one probably is the "Sentinel", which on a successful hit teleports the target to the most dangerous location on the level.
  • The magic lamp djinni's inventory has now ammunition and some random devices (wands, horns, figurines). The djinni's inventory is different on each summoning, so you might have only one chance to buy certain items.
  • Companion / monster AI tweaks.
  • Death splash animation on by defaut. If you want the old skull death animation, uncheck "Death splash animation" from the settings. Several new death splash animations added.
  • Fixed a bug where items from the "Silver Spoon" talent weren't always created.
  • Fixed a bug where the rising indicator text was rendered over a wrong creature tile.
  • Fixed a rare bug where the dungeon level was completely explored, but no XP award for exploration was given.
  • Lots of other small tweaks here and there.
  • Leaderboard has been reset. The previous leaderboard can be found here.
Finally wrote some text to Halaster's diary, you can read it online here. Spoilers obviously!

www.zorbus.net
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12