Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Operation Road Trip [0/8]  (Read 1325 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Operation Road Trip [0/8]
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:31:26 pm »

Operation Road Trip

Miami has fallen. One of the last bastions of free humanity has been conquered by them. Five years ago, they came. We tried to stop them, but we were overrun. North America is the last continent with major cities still free, they probably thought we’d be the easiest to manipulate when this was all over. In all other continents, free humans only survive as scrambling resistances. By reverse engineering their technology, we have discovered new ways to combat them, but even still, they are trying to finish the job they started. You were residents of Miami, the last standing major city in Florida, though recent events will require that to be revised. Somehow, you survived the fall, but now, you have a bigger issue. There are few pockets of civilization left in the US, mostly in major cities, as for some reason, the highly advanced alien menace didn’t make major cities their main targets. You have one car, a half tank of fuel, three days worth of food, and a scrappy group of survivors to use to make your way to one of the other remaking areas. Good news, the aliens aren’t likely to chase you down, they have bigger fish to fry. Bad news, there are a lot of other major obstacles between you and civilization, such as roving aliens, gangs, and other survivors. First things first, you should probably all introduce yourselves.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Classes
Spoiler: Skirmishers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reapers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Psions (click to show/hide)

Hello, welcome to my 3rd attempt at a forum game. Hopefully, 3rd times the charm. This one is sci-fi, instead of my normal fantasy games, as it is inspired by XCOM 2. You are refugees from the recently destroyed Miami. The story is less serious than my previous two, but IC interactions and RPing are still recommended and will be rewarded. So, good luck and have fun.

New Rule, if this game doesn't get 6 players by the time it hits page 2, then I won't run it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:03:55 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Road Trip [0/8]
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 11:52:44 pm »

Looks fun! It's currently way too late right now to be doing character concepts so I'm gonna drop this and finish it tomorrow.
Done! Say hello to Aaron, the mildly angsty pizza delivery guy.

Spoiler: Aaron (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:24:27 pm by Hibou »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 12:43:03 am »

Spoiler: Martin Luck (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 01:05:01 am »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 07:40:19 am »

Wait, forgot to do this before

Saved for Character Sheets
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 07:40:54 am »

Saved for possible rule edits

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 07:41:12 am »

Saved for recording information

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 07:13:15 pm »

Just want to formally alert you guys this is dead. I might do this again in the summer, but this is dead.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 08:52:26 pm »

Just lock the thread, SM.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 04:58:32 pm »

Well, I'm bringing this back too. I think I can handle it as well as Pandemonium.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 04:29:28 am »

Are you making a new thread or are we using this one?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:23 am »

I promise, I'll finish Nox. I just haven't had a lot of time so far. :p

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 04:58:34 pm »

Are you making a new thread or are we using this one?
We might as well use this one. Nothing much happened in it, and the OP is already here.