Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Everyone is John RTD  (Read 4974 times)

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Everyone is John RTD
« on: April 20, 2019, 01:55:07 pm »

John lives a simple life. He works as a baggage-handler in a major airport. He goes to work, comes home, and watches TV over a microwave dinner. Every morning when he wakes up, he takes his medicine.

But this morning John forgot, and he's already halfway to work. "Oh well, surely missing one day can't hurt", he thinks as he sips his coffee and munches on a bagel. He arrives at the airport, parks his car, and walks to the employee entrance.

And then the voices return.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

The Voices: Goals Achieved

Nix:
Tryx:
Nought:
Billy Bob:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:36:19 pm by Trinculoisdead »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to John
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 02:50:28 pm »

Cozy up to the boss as much as possible, see if we can get in their good graces for future promotions.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:20:05 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone is John RTD
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 06:09:35 pm »

I need a name, and PM me a goal. Thanks!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 06:29:28 pm »

Let's not cosy up too much. We don't want to be seen as a suck up. We need to show some initiative and gusto!
Spoiler: Tryx (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:16:33 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Hotfire90

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 06:56:11 pm »

Let's get to work like normal, but not before jamming the door leading to the bathroom.
Spoiler: Nought (click to show/hide)

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 02:32:07 am »

Turn 1:
[No Willpower spent, so random action selection...1d3: 1, Nix!]
Cozy up to the boss as much as possible, see if we can get in their good graces for future promotions.

His face gone pale, sweat breaking out on his brow, John crouches behind an SUV. "Oh man oh man oh man, not again!" he moans, as the voices in his head start talking to him. One rises above the others, a soothing, familiar voice. John begins to relax somewhat. It's Nix. Nix has always had his back, Nix explains, before the doctors came along and made life so boring...
Nix suggests that John should cozy up to Gary, his boss, try to get a promotion...

"Um.. okay Nix, I guess... I could use more money!" John gets up. His colour returning to normal. Okay, so, the voices are back, but..well... they're being reasonable this time. And the doctors did say that he needed to think about whether something was reasonable before doing it. This can't hurt, surely.

John heads inside, and walks up to his boss in the small cafeteria/locker room. Gary is holding a polystyrene cup to the greasy coffee-maker, which is slowly discharging some kind of dark liquid.
"John, you're late. Again."
"Oh hi Gary! Um, you look nice today. What time is it?"
Gary starts poking a plastic knife into the inner workings of the machine without looking up at John. A thick black gout spurts into the cup. "Time for you to get a watch, bud. You're 8 minutes late. Soooo... I'm docking you an hour." Gary looks up finally, with a smirk underneath his stubble. "Unless you'd like to apologize?"

You know what, John thinks, NO. No no no. No way Nix. John thought that what Nix said was reasonable. But now he realizes that he only wants to stop Gary from looking at him like that.

John shoves Gary, hard. He lands on the table, soy-creamers popping explosively under his ample rump, and bangs his head against the wall. The coffee-maker tips over and spills hot, soppy grounds onto Gary's slacks. "Oof, what the-- OW OW THE FUCK!" he shrieks.

John quickly leaves the room. Outside, he shakes his head. What came over him? He should have listened to Nix...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 02:50:37 am by Trinculoisdead »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 05:24:17 am »

Probably time to leave before your former boss calls the cops.
Spoiler: Billy Bob (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 05:52:10 am »

+1 ( No willpower spent )

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 08:35:58 am »

+1 might even be better to start looking for a new job.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Hotfire90

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 09:17:28 am »

+1 might even be better to start looking for a new job.
+1
Spoiler: Nought (click to show/hide)

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 11:25:29 pm »

It's unanimous!
Billy Bob:

John is standing in the hall outside the employee lounge/cafeteria/locker-room. He just shoved his boss into the coffee table. It felt pretty good, but it wasn't what the voices wanted...
Gary probably has some bad burns: John can hear his whimpers of pain over the surprised chatter of his co-workers inside.

Billy Bob, one of the newer voices in his head, pipes up. He says that John should get out of there. If the cops catch him, and the doctors hear about this...

...then John will get locked up in a mental asylum! No more job at the airport, no more pizza and moose tracks Thursdays(!), no more bingeing his favourite shows all weekend, no more freedom. "Yeah, you're right, I have to run away from this! There's no other way!" he says, to the empty hall. He sprints for the exit to the employee parking lot, and pauses... Hm... they might have called security, and they could be waiting for me in the parking lot just outside the door! Oh man, I don't wanna get tazed.

John turns towards the door to the terminals instead. They won't expect that! He thinks, feeling exceptionally clever. He swipes his badge and pushes through into the north wing of the airport. Before him a crowd of travellers are wheeling past in swift-moving lines. (Busy today. Good!) John considers his next move as he eyes the frozen yogurt shop across from him, the escalators leading to the restaurants and bookstores upstairs, and the elevator down to ground transportation services.

[By the way, if you want to change your goal, feel free to do so! Drop me another PM. HotFire90 accomplished theirs already, but it was a little too general, so I didn't count it for earning Willpower. And remember, a goal can be simple too. "Shout loudly in public", "steal a magazine", etc. You just get less WP for simple goals, is all.

Edit: and if you really don't want a goal, that's okay. You can always add one if you get inspired.]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:44:33 pm by Trinculoisdead »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 01:19:18 am »

Head to the transportation area. Let's get as far away as possible before police inevitably come.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:06:12 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 01:57:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Hey ya Johnny boy- What you Need right now is some Explosives, Explosives always make everything better, Why Don't you go search for some Down in the transport services?
>Search for Explosives in the Transport services area.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 02:07:05 am »

Gonna add 1 point of willpower to my suggestion.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 06:30:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Hey ya Johnny boy- What you Need right now is some Explosives, Explosives always make everything better, Why Don't you go search for some Down in the transport services?
>Search for Explosives in the Transport services area.
+1 (I need to see this happen.)

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3