Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can creatures path through water wheels?  (Read 1199 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Can creatures path through water wheels?
« on: May 28, 2019, 10:47:32 pm »

This topic is to satisfy my paranoia/concern about a project I undertook in a community fortress; I am concerned about possible admission of undead horrors through a water wheel array.

I know that gears, axles, and wells are pathable, but are water wheels? I cannot seem to find documentation on that.

gui/pathable seems to think it is not pathable; but I want more info.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:55:09 pm by wierd »

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can creatures path through water wheels?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 03:18:39 pm »

Creatures cannot walk through the central tile. That's shown when building already: that tile gets the darker "not pathable" colour when placing. Just for confirmation, i set a waterwheel in a one-wide corridor (non-working, on unbroken floor) and dwarfs could no longer reach the lever on the other side of it. The other tiles can be walked through and a swimming/amphibious creature should be able to path through the water underneath a properly turning wheel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 01:19:16 pm »

Understood.

Next time I get to run the fort, I will install a "Filter" powered workshop. (Something that accepts power but has unpathable tiles, that I can put in-line with the main power input, and direct power through on the output.)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 06:21:00 am »

Understood.

Next time I get to run the fort, I will install a "Filter" powered workshop. (Something that accepts power but has unpathable tiles, that I can put in-line with the main power input, and direct power through on the output.)
Screw pumps work. Not sure what other options there are.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?