Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A DF based dream.  (Read 1751 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
A DF based dream.
« on: April 21, 2019, 01:29:28 pm »

I had a strange dream last night where I was playing DF and things were... different. When I started, the text was too small. For some reason, dream-me pressed f12 and the screen's text changed from almost normal, to big, to too small again, and back to almost normal. Dream-me thought this was the best he was gonna get so he started playing adventure mode. The thing is, adventure mode looked different.

Right next to picking the race was like a parchment with a picture of the races. The only one I remember with any real detail was the "sever human" race that popped up. It appeared four times in the list and each time I went down, the appearance changed.

The first one was the head of a green man with large pointy ears and a beard in a shawl of somekind. The next two were similar, but their ears were different kinds of pointy, like one had elf ears, the other had bat ears. The fourth "sever human" had none of these.

It had a parrotlike head with no color and it looked like it was drawn in pencil, and I remember there was a description next to it reading something along the lines of "A humanoid known for its' curiously avian head."

So, yeah. That happened.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: A DF based dream.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 03:07:20 pm »

*Gets to work modding "sever humans" into my game*
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Tinnucorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 06:46:10 pm »

It had a parrotlike head with no color and it looked like it was drawn in pencil

This reminded me so much of the beak dog drawings by Zach and Tarn that it made me laugh.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 08:43:51 am »

It had a parrotlike head with no color and it looked like it was drawn in pencil

This reminded me so much of the beak dog drawings by Zach and Tarn that it made me laugh.

Maybe one of those drawings got stuck in my subconscious and happened to reemerge as a parrot headed man thing, lol

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:13:36 am »

Yep. The brain is weird

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 07:59:15 pm »

Dwarf Fortress players: even in their dreams, they fight the UI.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 10:44:09 pm »

One simply adapts, yet their subconscious still sublimely reviles at it.
(P.S I now use +/- to scroll navigate lol)
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility