Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elf News: Godlike Cow Thrashes Squads Left and Right!  (Read 778 times)

Celine Robin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Elf News: Godlike Cow Thrashes Squads Left and Right!
« on: April 21, 2019, 04:33:19 pm »

All I've done in my fortress is watch civilians mope around, while hunters (until drafted from loss of animals) drove all fauna to extinction within a week of inception. Year 8 and only a few eccentricities are around to waste time in, one of them being the military. The main target is (or was) an elf retreat known as Vipersteel, wherein there are only 20 people. Not so hard a challenge, until I reviewed mission logs. They have a yak cow, named Natureplan. This name fits quite well, as, after a few successful kills, it seems that Natureplan calls upon Gaia to smite enough dwarves for defeat. I have estimated that 7 dwarves have died by Natureplan. I dread this number's possible growth, as I have sent a ragtag band of 10 civilians to Vipersteel, most likely ending in 5 dwarves smart enough to retreat coming home whit memories of the rest's divine ends. A lesser champion, a mule named Stormsquids, poses less of a threat but still holds the kill of Rith Groovebolted.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Elf News: Godlike Cow Thrashes Squads Left and Right!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 06:55:53 pm »

I had a 4-year old donkey end up being venerated as a deity, once.

You should totally set up a makeshift shrine and sacrifice goblins to it. This will keep NATUREPLAN away from your fort.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0