Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 94058 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2019, 08:34:17 pm »

DAY 1 - VOTE COUNT

- IcyTea31 - Nirur Torir, hector13 [2]
- Starver
- randomgenericusername
- hector13
- KitRougard
- SuperDorf - KitRougard [1]
- TricMagic
- Nirur Torir
- Maximum Spin - IcyTea31, TricMagic, Superdorf [3]
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail
- No Vote

7 to lynch.

Day ends: 5th May 7:45pm BST
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:08:47 am by notquitethere »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2019, 08:39:54 pm »

Am I tunneling? Maybe I'm tunneling. I want answers. I'll probably shift my vote somewhere else once I get answers, but first I want answers.

Truth be told, this bandwagon disturbs me. I'll hop off if it gets too large, and I'll be keeping a close eye on those who pile onto it with little cause. Like TricMagic.

I seem to have shoved this question in the wrong spot earlier, so I'll repost it here: TricMagic, do you believe the current hostility against MaximumSpin is a good thing? Why or why not?

DAY 1 - VOTE COUNT

Thanks notquitethere!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2019, 08:49:28 pm »

Responding to "pressure", caring about "pressure" at all, is the quintessential noob move in mafia. Competent players don't react to being voted; even more competent players lampshade it. Trying to "pressure" somebody with a vote is a huge waste of time and only gets you bad information because the enemy can obviously see what you're doing and react accordingly. Just talk to each other like humans.

For example: Hey, KitRougard, I'm glad you noticed that. I'm a very up-front person by nature and honestly have a hard time lying about most things; even in the one game here where I was mafia, I told the closest thing to the truth I could find that would hopefully not give me away at all times. Uh, I also got lynched, so. Actually, that game was above-average level of play on most parts, and should be checked out! It was the one Fallacy did with gas.

Anyway, one last bit for Superdorf: If that obvious joke spreads confusion, then the players deserve to lose. You got to be able to keep the fluff out of your brain to play mafia!

Fake edit: Oh shit, "I totally don't like being on this bandwagon I just joined, and I'll get off later, I promise!" is actually something I regard as a very blatant scumtactic. So, uh, Superdorf. I prefer to avoid voting for people who vote for me, but I can't let that slide.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2019, 08:52:46 pm »

Nirur Torir, Icy answered your joke question, but your vote's still on him. Do you intend to use that vote to pressure him for more information, or to lynch him? If not, why aren't you using that vote to push somebody else?
Not at the moment.
I'm still waiting on people who haven't done anything (or to see if they'll try to lurk through D1), and don't have much energy for attacking right now.

I can pressure a lurker though, now that you've made me think of it.
I'll have questions next time, I just checked the forum on the way to bed.
I'll hold you to that.
Random Name too.
Shakerag's too drunk.
I'd like for Spin to do more, but another vote won't solve that.
Tric at least said something, even if it was nothing.
Leafsnail answers, but is passive.
Hector is quiet but actually attacking.
Starver hasn't posted yet.

I've usually been intimidated from attacking more skilled players. I should do something about that. Let's go, Leafsnail, do stuff.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2019, 08:53:43 pm »

I'd like for Spin to do more, but another vote won't solve that.
Do more what? I just got back from a nap, I am totally down for conversations right now.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2019, 09:00:07 pm »

I disagree with your playstyle for going against the grain and being weird. You should either conform, or show off your playstyle and prove it valid.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2019, 09:00:40 pm »

Hey, didn't we just talk about pressure via votes?

Now, I feel like spitting up numbers, so here's what I feel the distribution is...
9 town
3 scum
1 SK

The SK might be grumpy, maybe they got a "Kill yourself" for their Kill ability... Actually, I now have an update question for @Hector13: Did you get pegged with a Kill Yourself role, which is why you would prefer any other role?

Pushy, I know, but I feel like I'm onto something.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2019, 09:08:18 pm »

Max Spin

Kit... I guess to cut to the end of this, yes, I am, well done.

I’m voting IcyTea for suspected rolefishing; why are you demanding very specific details of my role- engaging in actual rolefishing - and why are you expecting me to be honest about it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2019, 09:10:33 pm »

I'm sorry if I appear like I'm lurky, the game just started in the worst posaible moment for me, and I'll also probably won't be able to post at all in a few hours as I'll be asleep. I really don't have much to say since the day has just begun and there isn't that much to work with, and I'm just bad at asking questions like the others do.

About my reads, I guess Maximum Spin and TricMagic look suspicious? They have always looked weird to me on all the games I've been with them though, so maybe it's just the way they play. Also, probably not helpful at all as there's apparently already a few who have negative reads on them.

Played with the generator a bit, and seems like my role is way more useless than I thought, and so much it probably can't even be confirmed unless someone investigates me as it doesn't do anything. Should I just claim now?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2019, 09:12:24 pm »

KitRougard:
Hm. Shakerag, why is it important that we know how drunk you are?
It's not.  I'm just known to be the local forum alcoholic.  I tend to post shitfaced at night.  Take that as you will.

Icytea31:
Shakerag: How drunk are you right now?
ShakeOS is getting sauced (Applying updates 87 of 102.  Oh god what.):  0 [-----------------]100?------

Superdorf:
Truth be told, this bandwagon disturbs me. I'll hop off if it gets too large, and I'll be keeping a close eye on those who pile onto it with little cause. Like TricMagic.
Well that doesn't sound shady as all shit or anything.  Why would you, to paraphrase, "hop off this bandwagon" if it gets too large?  Are you uncomfortable with your scumbuddy getting too much attention?

Maximum Spin:
Responding to "pressure", caring about "pressure" at all, is the quintessential noob move in mafia.
Oh don't be a bitch.  We do have new-ish players here.  And, of course, you'll likely vote me for saying that, so just go ahead and do it.

Nirur Torir:
I can pressure a lurker though, now that you've made me think of it.
Oooh, pressuring a lurker.  What a bold move.  Oh, wait, you're just going to vote Leafsnail because experience.  That sounds totally valid as well.

TricMagic:
Please respond, I need to vote someone.

hector13:
Bitch, I might be drunk as fuck, but you just voted Max Spin and then said you were voting IcyTea.  Could you unfuck your business?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2019, 09:14:43 pm »

Keep posting you fucks.  Let's do this.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2019, 09:15:28 pm »

Oh hold up.  Let me see who hasn't posted much.  I need to shit-talk them.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2019, 09:16:12 pm »

I fished deeper because a Kill Yourself counts as a Kill, which is a sign of a potential SK. It's long logic, but it makes it so you, should you be SK, can't use your other ability for risk of someone seeing you do something other than off yourself. It also inflates my ego and makes me feel like I contributed to the game.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2019, 09:18:14 pm »

Ahh, Starver.  Starver you lurky fuck, post some more.  Also, give me your scumreads you absentee mold growth.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2019, 09:19:39 pm »

If Starver doesn't post, then I'll be forced to spout a bunch of Endgame and/or GoT spoilers.  How's that?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43