Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 93981 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day 4 - Sea Bones - Replacement Needed x1
« Reply #555 on: May 14, 2019, 09:03:28 pm »

I am only stating the conclusions the mechanics lead us to. In your eyes, what about KR makes them "more probable" to be scum? There's no evidence regarding KR's movements last night, while for NT there's evidence suggesting they visited the victim. In addition, NT is claiming to have taken an action which they themselves admit was a mistake and anti-town:
Using it was a poor choice, I didn't consider that we might have verifiable roles. I hope I didn't break our chances, sorry.
So yes, it could be KR (especially now I realize the night 2 kill was likely done by TricMagic), but to me the evidence is saying NT.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 14, 2019, 09:51:33 pm »

Going to try to make a list of everything everyone who is currently alive has done.

N1
randomgenericusername: Targeted hector13 and IcyTea31, informing them of Macimum Spin's action type.
Superdorf: Targeted Nirur Torir, giving his target's target randomgenericusername the ability to see the names of everyone who didn't visit him.
Shakerag: ? ? ?
-KitRougard: Claims to have targeted themselves and learned that their target was themselves.
-Leafsnail: Hasn't claimed to have done anything during the night, could have performed a kill here since their ability to steal abilities is apparently usable only during the day.
-Nirur Torir: Didn't have the ability to do anything during the first night, only being capable of gifting their vote. Claims to have done nothing during the night.

N2
Superdorf: Targeted Nirur Torir, and gave him the ability to redirect a random player to another random player.
-Nirur Torir: Claims to have done nothing again. Was target of Shakerag's brainwash and targeted randomgenericusername.
Shakerag: Used their ability to brainwash Nirur Torir into visiting me (and maybe others).
-KitRougard: ? ? ?
randomgenericusername: Used his ability to learn the names of everyone who didn't visit him, learning that Nirur Torir had visited him.
-Leafsnail: Claims to have targeted both Shakerag (who visited Nirur Torir) and KitRougard (who visited himself).

N3
-KitRougard: ? ? ?
-Leafsnail: Targeted Superdorf (who visited Shakerag) and Deus Asmoth (who visited randomgenericusername, Leafsnail and Superdorf).
Superdorf: Targeted Nirur Torir, and gave Shakerag an unknown ability.
Shakerag: Targeted the same target as Nirur Torir with a brainwash. Supossedly Deus Asmoth.
-Nirur Torir: Targeted the same target as Shakerag with a redirect. Supossedly Deus Asmoth.
randomgenericusername: Used his ability to learn the names of everyone who didn't visit him, and Deus Asmoth wasn't included on the list.

KitRougard wasn't confirmed to have used their ability during the third night, so they could have done the kill. Leafsnail, while suspicious, probably couldn't have done the kill since their last report was at least halfways true as it was posted before Shakerag claimed to have been given an ability by Superdorf.

I think that if we do have two scum left, Leafsnail would be the most probable partner to KitRougard or Nirur Torir. If Leafsnail isn't scum, then it's probable there's actually only one scum member left and we aren't really on MyLo. So, I think it's safe to lynch Leafsnail either way.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 14, 2019, 09:52:49 pm »

Ugh, whatever.  Paraphrasing, so as not to quote the mod, my ability brainwashes a person who is not targeting my target into doing <something> to everyone targeting me.  Does that help?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 14, 2019, 09:56:40 pm »

A lot, actually. Who did you target during the first, second and third night? And when you say <something>, is it something the target is capable of?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 14, 2019, 09:56:46 pm »

My targets were Leafsnail, KitRougard, and Niror Torir.  Go nuts.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 14, 2019, 09:58:11 pm »

A lot, actually. Who did you target during the first, second and third night? And when you say <something>, is it something the target is capable of?
Answered, and no.  It's a brainwash ability so they do <something> regardless.  I don't want to say what <something> is so as to not give the scumteam more info, so they don't know if <something> is powerful or useless.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 14, 2019, 10:06:31 pm »

For the record, I signed up with the GM to auto-ability, and I've just been pulling myself as my answer. D2 report was one of the buggy ones, but it was ultimately just me.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 14, 2019, 10:16:29 pm »

That makes sense. So since RGU (I'm assuming his ability shows up as having many targets) and Superdorf targeted Shakerag, DA was brainwashed into using a protect on them (probably better to state this explicitly since I suspect the mafia will deduce it anyway and I think this can be used to our advantage).
I think that if we do have two scum left, Leafsnail would be the most probable partner to KitRougard or Nirur Torir. If Leafsnail isn't scum, then it's probable there's actually only one scum member left and we aren't really on MyLo. So, I think it's safe to lynch Leafsnail either way.
You keep stating conclusions like this without any of the reasoning one would expect to accompany them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 14, 2019, 10:21:33 pm »

To be clear on the brainwashing reasoning, the brainwashing line looks like this:
say "brainwash [target] into performing [one of]a kill[or]a protect[or]a random action that they're capable of[at random] on [target]. Action: Brainwash"
Obviously it can't be kill. Out of the other two actions it can't be "random action they're capable of" (unless NT is lying about their role) because that would imply I should've been vote-stolen or redirected on night two when I targeted Shakerag. If it is "random action they're capable of" that implicates NT pretty decisively so I'd suggest revealing that.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 14, 2019, 11:14:42 pm »

It's probably the only option left, then: A protect.

So, you say your ability brainwashes anyone who doesn't visit your target to protect anyone targeting you.

My targets were Leafsnail, KitRougard, and Niror Torir.  Go nuts.

So, anyone who didn't visit Nirur Torir during the third night should have been brainwashed. In that case, Deus Asmoth shouldn't have visited those people and Superdorf should have visited someone else other than Shakerag. Shouldn't Superdorf have visited himself due to not visiting Nirur Torir and thus getting brainwashed? Deus Asmoth's actions at least seem to match since he visited Superdorf and was probably target of the redirect too, but how did he visit the other two and what did he do?

So, Shakerag visited Nirur Torir's target, and it was someone who didn't visit Nirur Torir. At least that confirms that Leafsnail's report is probably true and that both Shakerag and Nirur Torir targeted Deus Asmoth during that night.

That makes sense. So since RGU (I'm assuming his ability shows up as having many targets) and Superdorf targeted Shakerag, DA was brainwashed into using a protect on them (probably better to state this explicitly since I suspect the mafia will deduce it anyway and I think this can be used to our advantage).

No, my ability either doesn't target anyone or only targets myself. It says it makes me learn the name of anyone who didn't visit me.

NQT: Can a player who has been brainwashed into targeting someone have their target changed by being redirected?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 15, 2019, 01:51:22 am »

NQT: If someone has an ability along the lines of Maximum Spin's ("you can"..."everyone who is not targeting yourself") do they show up as targeting every affected player?
Yes, they could show up on an investigate as targeting every affected player..

Also, NQT: Player A has an ability that affects "a random person targeting the target of their target". They choose to target player B, who's targeting player C, who is also being targeted by player D. Player A's action ends up affecting player D.
If Player A is followed, what player(s) do they show up as having visited?
In this game I have been processing it as the ultimate target, not the initial target, for active effects. So if I kill a random person targeting the target of my target, and pick B and that ends up being randomised onto D, then I'll show as killing D.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 15, 2019, 01:54:06 am »

NQT: If an ability targets a random player targeting a target's target, but the player selected does nothing and thus has no target, would the ability take effect on the target directly?
No, the ability just wouldn't do anything.

And, when it targets a random player targeting a target's target, does it take into account the player that is selected with said ability? I mean, if player 1 is visited by 2 and 3, and the action mentioned before is used on 2, would it also count 2 as a random player targeting 2's targets like the ability says?
Yes, in that case, both 2 and 3 would be valid targets for the ability and I would use random.org to decide between them.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 15, 2019, 01:56:53 am »

NQT: Can a player who has been brainwashed into targeting someone have their target changed by being redirected?
Yes: a brainwashed action is still treated the same as normal actions for abilities which affect other player's actions, like redirect.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 15, 2019, 10:08:09 am »

Y'know what? I need to back off the mechanical mess for a moment.

KitRougard: The mechanical wizards tell me you could have pulled a kill last night, but I'm not gonna be bothered with that. Your enthusiasm to lynch Leafsnail, coupled with your lack of participation thereafter, is what worries me. Is Leafsnail scum? What about Nirur Torir, your previous "next-on-my-lynch-list"?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 15, 2019, 10:14:25 am »

Nirur Torir: If what Leafsnail said is true, then that means Deus Asmoth's brainwash should have been redirected. While Leafsnail screams "scum" to me, his report has to be at least partially true, and we already know you visited the same person Shakerag visited. Then, shouldn't Deus Asmoth have visited someone else because of the redirect instead of Superdorf?

I'm starting to believe that Leafsnail could have used the investigative ability last night, but also changed the report slightly to incriminate Nirur Torir. Either way, one of the two is scum. If we have a single scum member remaining, then it's maybe either KitRougard or Nirur Torir since Leafsnail's report just can't be completely fake and seems to match with what we've seen the others do during the night. The only problem I have is Deus Asmoth visiting 3 different players, but the visit to Superdorf could have been the brainwash. Everyone else did something during the night and couldn't have performed the kill.

If we do have two scum left, however, I can only see two pairing that would make sense: Leafsnail+KitRougard or Nirur Torir+KitRougard. I'm leaning more towards the Leafsnail+KitRougard, with KitRougard performing the kills while Leafsnail used his ability to track the other players. It might seem like a gamble, but I think we should lynch KitRougard. Everyone else has been proven to have done something during the night, and if we get it wrong it's probable there's actually only one scum left and we aren't really on MyLo.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43