Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 94050 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2019, 05:28:15 pm »

*blinks at role, sudden IC-ification of thread, lack of pokes on him*

Alright, games on. I guess.

Oh, I HAVE been poked.
Well, I'm usually reliant on hard facts to dropkick a Mafia member, and then the other Scum start panicking. It's just how Town of Salem works.
And why are you asking me that question? Because you've only seen one game out of me, and that game was baaaaaaad. So you're trying to rile me, confound me, you're doing the exact same thing you did in Tric's BYOR.

Frankly, it's kinda meh.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2019, 05:49:11 pm »

I assume some of the players here are new-ish to mafia? Given that, there's some meta stuff I'd like to establish on day one.

Firstly, regarding claims. The vast majority of roles should avoid claiming in the thread to avoid giving the mafia information. One exception is millers: a role that, when investigated by a Cop-type role, returns Mafia even though they are not. If you are a miller, you should claim now. Doing it like this means that 1) cops won't waste investigations on a meaningless target if they're town and 2) mafia members can't wriggle out of a guilty inspect by claiming that they're a miller.
Leafsnail: Who would you least like to be scum with?
One of the new players I haven't seen before. Any of the names I recognize have most likely been playing mafia long enough to avoid making basic mistakes, and that's really the only thing that's likely to be a liability on a scumteam.
Everyone: When would the best time for a massclaim be in a game like this?
When it's likely that the town MUST lynch correctly that day or lose the game. A full Census ability could also trigger one but I think that's been toned down a lot in this version.
Leafsnail: How good do you consider yourself at analyzing bandwagons?
I've always been good at putting together a case based on something like bandwagons and getting someone lynched. I don't think I've ever been particularly good at identifying mafia members, though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2019, 05:52:01 pm »

Frankly, it's kinda meh.
"No, don't question me, that would make you boring."
Well, I'm usually reliant on hard facts to dropkick a Mafia member, and then the other Scum start panicking. It's just how Town of Salem works.
What are you going to do if the other scum have thick skin and don't panic?
Do you plan to start the chain yourself, or just wait until someone else, who might be scum trying to mislead you, does half the legwork?
And why are you asking me that question? Because you've only seen one game out of me, and that game was baaaaaaad. So you're trying to rile me, confound me, you're doing the exact same thing you did in Tric's BYOR.
No, I'm trying to force you to define a plan of a way you can play, and to be productive.

TricMagic:
On another Note, at Solomon, so one last push.
Who's your waifu?  I'm playing catchup on the BB event.
Medusa(Lancer), Lilies, Illya.

As for who I have, Hans, hands down. Medea too, and Little Santa Lily Alter.
Could you two please not? If you're going to lurk, so be it, but actually lurk. (Or better yet, Tric can answer my question if he's here enough to talk about video games.)

Naw, that's the path to losing my self-righteousness.
Why is there value in self-righteousness? Why is there no value in humility?
Self-righteousness is an easier way to deal with an unjust world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2019, 06:16:14 pm »

TricMagic: You had some weird roles in Yugioh mafia. How would you say those compare with procgen roles?

Low content posts.

This question... If I had an answer, expect the roles to be nonsensical. Mine were actually made to fit together so no one side had overwhelming advantage. The game just died as people dropped, and Toma wasn't there at all.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2019, 06:20:11 pm »

Nirur Torir:
Could you two please not? If you're going to lurk, so be it, but actually lurk.
Oh, calm your tits. 
Additionally, why call out TricMagic but not Maximum Spin?

TricMagic:
Medusa(Lancer), Lilies, Illya.
Mmm hmm. I'm judging you. 
Also, since Nirur Torir is the fun police, and purely for RVS reasons, tell me who I should cast my first vote for and why.  Make it a specific player.

Leafsnail:
How's life been?  Haven't seen you in a while.
Having said that, because I forgot that mafia is SRS BSNS, do you think there is value in going after people who go after newbies, or has that meta ship sailed in your opinion?

IcyTea:
Shakerag: How drunk are you right now?
ShakeOS is getting sauced:  0 [-----.............] 100

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2019, 06:26:17 pm »

MaxSpin. Reason: Why not Pressure.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2019, 06:34:33 pm »

Sorry for not being active earlier, I was busy with some important things. Also, I don't have much time left to post as I'm going to sleep soon.

Wait, we've started? We've started! Wonderful!

I... dunno how I'm gonna go about this. Should vote somebody at random and ask a question, I suppose-- that's how this works, yes?

randomgenericusername: What two people here would you least want for scumbuddies?

I'm 100% sure I do not want TricMagic to be my scumbuddy ever again. Sorry TricMagic, but in the only game I was scum with him, he thoroughly screwed me over, before suiciding twice for no reason. As for the second person, I'm not really sure. My gut is telling me KitRougard, although I haven't even been in a game with them before.

randomgenericusername: Superdorf somehow stole my question to you and I'm out of questions. How does this make you feel?

Kinda sad? I like to answer these questions. I feel like I'm doing something helpful and helps me post in the early game when I have no idea what to talk about or what questions to ask. If I didn't have questions to answer, it would be pretty difficult for me to stay active during the first day.

randomgenericusername: How many sets of roles did you generate before the game?

Uhhh, I don't really remember. Around 20? Not really sure, as I didn't count them. Most of them seemed to be useless, while others were extremely complex. My role seems to be on the "useless" side. Mainly because it targets dead people.

Everyone: When would the best time for a massclaim be in a game like this?

Probably on MYLO or LYLO. In those cases, it doesn't really matter much to keep them secret if the game is about to end. Massclaiming helps find the mafia, as they tend to lie about who they visit or what they do during the night.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2019, 06:49:07 pm »

Spin answered my question, and wasn't talking about video games. Why are you trying to direct me against him?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2019, 06:55:10 pm »

Nirur Torir:
Spin answered my question, and wasn't talking about video games. Why are you trying to direct me against him?
Just making the observation that Max Spin made a shitpost, but you didn't say anything about that.  TricMagic makes a shitpost and you call him out.  Just noting the difference.  I suppose you might have a valid point in saying TricMagic didn't answer your question, but the ... umm ... the contrast stood out to me regardless.

I do like your accusatory tone though.  Much aggressive.  Very wow. 

IcyTea31:
ShakeOS is getting sauced (reticulating splines):  0 [-----------......] 100

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2019, 07:03:14 pm »

IcyTea: you’re doing a lot of rolefishing for someone who doesn’t think roles are all that important.
When did I say either of those things?

You had made two posts when I voted you. Somewhere in one of those, I guess. Hint: it was in the first one.

What parts do you think drew my attention?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2019, 07:33:09 pm »

Leafsnail:
How's life been?  Haven't seen you in a while.
Having said that, because I forgot that mafia is SRS BSNS, do you think there is value in going after people who go after newbies, or has that meta ship sailed in your opinion?
I've been good thanks. Certainly a lot has changed as I've moved into adulthood.

New players are the most likely to make mistakes and behave differently as mafia, so I think it's not really a problem to target them in the absence of information.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2019, 07:49:47 pm »

While I'm waiting on Maximum Spin, have a readlist thing!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-------------------------
Questions:

KitRougard, do you find anyone here suspicious yet? If so, why aren't you pushing them harder? If not, how do you intend to dig such people up?

Nirur Torir, Icy answered your joke question, but your vote's still on him. Do you intend to use that vote to pressure him for more information, or to lynch him? If not, why aren't you using that vote to push somebody else?

Shakerag, who looks scummy here to you?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2019, 07:56:08 pm »

I should just note that Day 1 being as it is, all that stuff is probably gonna change drastically over the course of the game. I just wanted to get it out there.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2019, 07:58:15 pm »

Superdorf:
Shakerag, who looks scummy here to you?
No one yet?  I mean, it's like early D1. 

IcyTea31:
ShakeOS is getting sauced (Applying updates 3 of 102.  Don't restart your computer.):  0 [-----------------] 100

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2019, 08:20:26 pm »

Alright, I have a maybe-read that Icy isn't role fishing, he's actually the swap-prankster. His ability probably has to do with swaptastic memes, and is thus why he's prying for data on "what kind of/how many roles will I be shuffling? HMMMM."

Hector13: Why would you be delighted to exchange your role for a "useless" one, so to speak?

To be honest, I like Spin. He seems honest, up front... Superdorf, though, he seems to be tunneling a man and rolling the bandwagon along.

Hm. Shakerag, why is it important that we know how drunk you are?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43