Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 91706 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2019, 04:07:29 pm »

Oh, almost forgot:

@Nirur, you don’t need big posts to question people, just the right kind of pressure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2019, 04:14:04 pm »

Oh, I just figured out what this was in reply to:

IcyTea you know I'm going to ignore that so why even try? :P

He's got a vote on you. Why ignore the question? Are you expecting him to swing that vote elsewhere later? Do you not expect to accumulate more votes than that one?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2019, 04:22:03 pm »

IcyTea you know I'm going to ignore that so why even try? :P
Well, you certainly didn't ignore it.

IcyTea: You asked TricMagic about mysteriousness. I'm curious... do you think being mysterious as town is a good thing? Why or why not?
I believe that, as town, any omission or deception you make must have a purpose.

IcyTea: you’re doing a lot of rolefishing for someone who doesn’t think roles are all that important.
When did I say either of those things?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2019, 04:28:35 pm »

Would you say tunneling is a good thing on day 1? What about on later days?
No. It's just lazy play, even when you're certain your target is scum. Occasional laziness can be excused, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation when I'd call it "good" play.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2019, 04:32:14 pm »

Naw, that's the path to losing my self-righteousness.
Why is there value in self-righteousness? Why is there no value in humility?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2019, 04:34:35 pm »

I'm not quite sure I understand. Restarting this in my own words: Rather than going through the information gathering stage, you'd prefer to make all votes based on information even when there's no information?
There's always information!

He's got a vote on you. Why ignore the question? Are you expecting him to swing that vote elsewhere later? Do you not expect to accumulate more votes than that one?
I don't have any expectations, I'm just not particularly concerned. I'm a very easygoing person, generally!

And one last thing:
So how do you begin a game, then? By simply questioning people, without putting a vote behind those questions?
I don't believe that questioning people has value, and I don't believe that placing votes on people is effective as a means of pressure.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2019, 04:39:28 pm »

Maximum Spin: Let's say the game begins, and you must make the first post of D1. Nobody will post before you do. What is in your first post in this case?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2019, 04:41:10 pm »

There's always information!

There's always information? Even when nobody's posted yet?

I don't have any expectations, I'm just not particularly concerned. I'm a very easygoing person, generally!

That's reasonable, I suppose... kind of.

I don't believe that questioning people has value, and I don't believe that placing votes on people is effective as a means of pressure.

So what do you do? When a game begins, how do you find scum?

I am deeply confused by this state of affairs.

klonk
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2019, 04:55:15 pm »

Maximum Spin: Let's say the game begins, and you must make the first post of D1. Nobody will post before you do. What is in your first post in this case?
I'm going to be totally honest with you... if I had preassurance that nobody would post before I do, guaranteed, I wouldn't post.
I know that would ruin the game. It's still what I would do.

But let's assume this happens by perfect coincidence and I don't know this, I just happen to make the first post. In that case, what I post might vary heavily depending on my mood at the time, but, hypothetically, based on my mood right now, it could be something like this:
Quote from: hypothetical spin
All right, let's kick this off. I'm town, obviously. But I'd say that even if I wasn't, wouldn't I? Okay, full disclosure, I'm actually a serial killer. No, wait, jester serial killer. Maybe a serial jester killer. Serial jester killing cultist. Well, I can categorically confirm that my alignment is one of the things I've said in this post. (Town. It's town. Sorry.)
But whether I would say this, of course, has no dependence on my actual alignment. What I would say is the same no matter what. This is also true of all the other things I say.

Absolutely. The list of players in the game is information. Your own role and alignment is information. The identity of the GM is even information. These things won't tell you who to vote for, only what to make of the information you discover later, but why on earth would you be voting if nobody has posted yet, or for someone who hasn't posted? That sounds like a special level of stupid.

You... talk to each other. Like humans. Have you never played this game with real people?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2019, 05:02:33 pm »

So, Humans make jestures.

MaxSpin, Icytea, hector13. Take note on who the veterans are.

On another Note, at Solomon, so one last push.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2019, 05:06:12 pm »

I'll have questions next time, I just checked the forum on the way to bed.

Nirur:
Deus Asmoth: What group of people here would make the most terrifying scum team?
I'm assuming from precedent that there are only two people on the scum team, since NQT's last game with 13 people had 2 scum players. Based on that presumption, I don't really know. I don't have much experience with a lot of you and I'm too lazy to read over games that I didn't take part in. Shakerag tends to be hard to read as both scum or town, so I guess he'd be a part of my choice.

IcyTea
Deus Asmoth: How afraid are you of the delayed-kill mechanics (poison, infection, fire) in play?
They're slightly weaker than a regular kill from what I can tell, so I guess I'm slightly less afraid of them than I am of a regular kill. I haven't played with delayed kill mechanics so maybe I'm under-estimating them, but the delay on the kill seems to outweigh the benefits from what I can see.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2019, 05:07:53 pm »

Nirur Torir:
Shakerag: Who here would you most like to be town?
Leafsnail, easily.  He's experienced enough that trying to catch him traditionally would be difficult.

Would you say tunneling is a good thing on day 1? What about on later days?
No. It's just lazy play, even when you're certain your target is scum. Occasional laziness can be excused, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation when I'd call it "good" play.
I disagree, with a caveat.  Tunneling is fine, and I even think it can be a useful tool, you just need to have feelers out towards other players while you're tunneling the shit out of someone.

IcyTea31:
Shakerag: How drunk are you right now?
Dude, I'm still at work.  Now, in a couple of hours …

Superdorf:
Perhaps I should rephrase the question: Does there exist a time in a game like this when a massclaim would be useful?
Probably.  I would say after two or three nights, when everyone has a good set of night action reports. 

TricMagic:
On another Note, at Solomon, so one last push.
Who's your waifu?  I'm playing catchup on the BB event.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2019, 05:10:39 pm »

weeeeeebs

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2019, 05:17:23 pm »

Medusa(Lancer), Lilies, Illya.

As for who I have, Hans, hands down. Medea too, and Little Santa Lily Alter.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2019, 05:25:37 pm »

I'm going to be totally honest with you... if I had preassurance that nobody would post before I do, guaranteed, I wouldn't post.
I know that would ruin the game. It's still what I would do.
That's... kind of sad. But OK. Let me ask you a question, then, similar to IcyTea's: What should the first post of Day 1 be like? Somebody has to make that post, even if you won't deign to.

But let's assume this happens by perfect coincidence and I don't know this, I just happen to make the first post. In that case, what I post might vary heavily depending on my mood at the time, but, hypothetically, based on my mood right now, it could be something like this:
Quote from: hypothetical spin
All right, let's kick this off. I'm town, obviously. But I'd say that even if I wasn't, wouldn't I? Okay, full disclosure, I'm actually a serial killer. No, wait, jester serial killer. Maybe a serial jester killer. Serial jester killing cultist. Well, I can categorically confirm that my alignment is one of the things I've said in this post. (Town. It's town. Sorry.)
But whether I would say this, of course, has no dependence on my actual alignment. What I would say is the same no matter what. This is also true of all the other things I say.
So you would... spread confusion, in the guise of a joke. How does that help town?

Absolutely. The list of players in the game is information. Your own role and alignment is information. The identity of the GM is even information.
You're twisting the intent of my question, but yeah, sure. That's information. And that information is useless to town if we don't back it up with social information. We need posts. I am asking you how we should begin obtaining those posts.

These things won't tell you who to vote for, only what to make of the information you discover later, but why on earth would you be voting if nobody has posted yet, or for someone who hasn't posted? That sounds like a special level of stupid.
You assume that we're voting with intent to lynch. We're not. We're voting to spark discussion; we're voting to see how people react. We are voting, in fact, to obtain that "information you discover later". Do you have a better method?

You... talk to each other. Like humans.
That's too vague to be useful. Are you suggesting we make unrelated small talk? Why?

Have you never played this game with real people?
No, Maximum Spin, I haven't. But right now, you're saying strange things, and I don't like it. Start explaining yourself, please. I'm going to go read up on your meta in the meantime, and see if this sort of talk is normal for you.

-----------------------------
So. Have I said stupid stuff yet?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43