Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 91742 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -Day 5 - Brave New Dawn
« Reply #615 on: May 17, 2019, 09:09:22 pm »

Also, since that was hammer, I was an SK as well.  So, that was a thing.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 17, 2019, 09:10:08 pm »

Also also, NQT is a dick for making me an SK in both of his Proc Gen games. 

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 18, 2019, 03:55:37 am »

Also also, NQT is a dick for making me an SK in both of his Proc Gen games.
I'm nothing if not faithful to the RNG gods. Processing the day end now...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 18, 2019, 04:03:52 am »

Shakerag was the first to point the finger at Kit, who pointed it back. It all came down to Leafsnail to decide who was more likely to have wanted the fort to end in a terminal tantrum spiral. Moments after choosing, his own screen went blue...

Shakerag was lynched.

Shakerag was a serial killer.

Spoiler: Shakerag (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail was poisoned.

Leafsnail was town.

Spoiler: Leafsnail (click to show/hide)

GAME OVER

KitRougard logged back in to find that the game was single player again. They had a big job ahead of them, sorting the whole fort out so that it wasn't about to collapse into the lower caverns or expend all of its productive energy murdering mermaids and alpacas. But when it was all ready, all the trustworthy players could be invited back into the game...

KitRougard survived to the end.

Kitrougard was town.

Spoiler: KitRougard (click to show/hide)

TOWN VICTORY

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY
« Reply #619 on: May 18, 2019, 04:08:40 am »

Here's the spectator chat. It has all the action reports in it, if you want to know what happened each night.

Here's the mafia chat.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 18, 2019, 04:48:21 am »

Yeah I really didn't deserve to win that one.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 18, 2019, 05:01:22 am »

Was a really dramatic game with lots of twists and turns. I liked it a lot.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 18, 2019, 07:24:00 am »

Yayyy

This has been a wonderful (and panicky, but mostly wonderful) experience for me, and I hope to come back to this subforum soon. Thank y'all. :)

I didn't want to say anything while the game was still going, but now it's over I've been wondering... how on earth did I wind up consensus town? What was it that vindicated me so very strongly?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #623 on: May 18, 2019, 07:44:03 am »

I didn't want to say anything while the game was still going, but now it's over I've been wondering... how on earth did I wind up consensus town? What was it that vindicated me so very strongly?
Newbie scum are usually coached by their more experienced buddies. That you asked for coaching publicly implied that it wasn't already happening privately, and thus you were unlikely to be in a quicktopic and thus mafia (but possibly still SK). It's not an ironclad towntell by itself, but coupled with your other behaviour (such as earnest scumhunting) it made a very strong read.
So. Have I said stupid stuff yet?
If Superdorf were in a mafiachat, they'd ask questions like "have I done anything stupid yet?" from their buddy, not publicly. This makes mafia membership unlikely.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 18, 2019, 07:47:04 am »

Yayyy

This has been a wonderful (and panicky, but mostly wonderful) experience for me, and I hope to come back to this subforum soon. Thank y'all. :)

The main thing was that you were very obvious noob town. There was a bunch of questions you asked in thread that if you had been scum you'd have probably used the Mafia chat for.

Also you were playing really well for a new player. You asked a lot of the right questions and were following the right people. The main thing holding you back was uncertainty.

My one complaint about this game is that y'all basically lynched Spin for having a different opinion on game meta instead of anything really scummy. I've seen people (usually newer players) try to argue for a D1 no-lynch for years.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 18, 2019, 11:28:01 am »

Good game everyone. Four scum lynches in a row is pretty miraculous. The numbers were pretty unfavourable for the town but we had a lot of strong roles and a way to get them back if they died - the double track gave us game winning info even though I mostly didn't target the right people.

I'm interested in what would've happened if we had No Lynched on day 3. NT would probably kill me, and you'd be left with a mafia/sk/town scenario where town would only be able to win by no lynching.

I'm also curious whether Shakerag or hector13 get to win in the situation where they're left alone with one town player who can't target them - according to the letter of the rules in the OP no-one would win in that situation.
e: looking at it that would be a vote tie broken by a 50-50 flip.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:36:06 am by Leafsnail »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 18, 2019, 12:07:48 pm »

I'd also like to thank NQT for hosting, that was a fun game with a lot of interesting roles.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #627 on: May 18, 2019, 12:50:52 pm »

Newbie scum are usually coached by their more experienced buddies. That you asked for coaching publicly implied that it wasn't already happening privately, and thus you were unlikely to be in a quicktopic and thus mafia (but possibly still SK). It's not an ironclad towntell by itself, but coupled with your other behaviour (such as earnest scumhunting) it made a very strong read.
The main thing was that you were very obvious noob town. There was a bunch of questions you asked in thread that if you had been scum you'd have probably used the Mafia chat for.

Huh. Refuge in (incompetent) audacity. Cool!

Also you were playing really well for a new player. You asked a lot of the right questions and were following the right people. The main thing holding you back was uncertainty.

D'aww thanks. :) Hopefully I'll figure out this "confidence" thing in time.

My one complaint about this game is that y'all basically lynched Spin for having a different opinion on game meta instead of anything really scummy. I've seen people (usually newer players) try to argue for a D1 no-lynch for years.

Hm, yes... chasing Max was maybe a mistake on my part. I didn't quite know what to look for at that point, and Max's meta stuff was just strange enough to catch my notice... but eh. Live and learn.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 18, 2019, 01:22:15 pm »

I'd also like to thank NQT for hosting, that was a fun game with a lot of interesting roles.
Thanks, I had a lot of fun running it. I enjoyed all the different weird role interactions and I'm glad the players had a good time.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 18, 2019, 02:34:19 pm »

The last few days were pretty intense, at least until the part in which almost everyone died. I definitely did not expect two serial killers, since there was only 1 kill each night.

And Leafsnail, one of the players I was most suspicious of, turned out to have done the highest contribution to the town's win and that we couldn't have wom without him in the end.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43