Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rise of Industry - Business Simulation (Now with 30% more Zeppelins)  (Read 1590 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube

A little surprised I didn't find this on the forum. Rise of Industry is a polished business tycoon game coming out of early access on May 2nd from Dapper Penguin Studios. I haven't touched it since I bought it, but actually wound up having a good bit of fun recently. If you're into the tycoon side of things, it might be for you. A great companion for binge watching things on Netflix or Youtube.

---------------------------------------------------

From their website:

RISE OF INDUSTRY IS A STRATEGIC TYCOON GAME THAT PUTS YOU IN THE SHOES OF AN EARLY 20TH-CENTURY INDUSTRIALIST

Build and manage your growing empire in a living, breathing, and procedurally generated world that is constantly evolving and adapting to your playstyle.

As a budding entrepreneur, you will build factories, construct efficient transport lines, move raw materials, produce finished goods, and arrange trade with the world's developing cities, providing them with the resources they need to flourish - for as they grow and prosper, so do you.

Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.

---------------------------------------------------

Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/671440/Rise_of_Industry/
Website - https://www.riseofindustry.com/

Disclaimer - Not the developer but I did make a tutorial / LP youtube video covering Rise of Industry here.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Industry - Business Simulation (Now with 30% more Zeppelins)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:58:47 pm »

last I checked the game only met about half of its early access goals, are they rushing out of early access because they don't have the funds ?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 12:38:33 pm »

I picked it up a while back but honestly was not wow'd by it. It lacked personality and seemed clinical and kind of shallow. To be fair I have not tried it in a few months so I may give it another run soonish.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:51:45 pm »

I picked it up a while back but honestly was not wow'd by it. It lacked personality and seemed clinical and kind of shallow. To be fair I have not tried it in a few months so I may give it another run soonish.

This. I feel like everything this game does, other games do much better. Factorio or OpenTTD scratch any itch this game could, and playing it just makes me want to play one of those two.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 02:57:41 pm »

It seems a bit more lightweight to me than everything else. Or maybe its just that it has a nice and clean UI. Not as many in-depth controls of a business as I'd like that others might have. From what the developer has said, it's meant to be more of a supply/demand focus than logistical.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 10:53:16 pm »

Well, might be worth watching. I don't mind a nice lightweight game now and then.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 12:24:37 am »

Factorio or OpenTTD scratch any itch this game could

I'm still pretty itchy for the lack of a modern industry giant. the original doesn't run anymore and the sequel is worse in so many ways it's not worth playing. that's not to endorse this particular game: I've tried the demo and was missing a lot element back then to make it a playable game so my opinion on it is not formed yet; but still, neither factorio nor openttd/simutrans are focused on industrial production and the economic side of production, only the logistic side.