Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Divine Spirits: Tick 5: How Rude  (Read 6390 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 3: GOOOOOOOOOOAL!
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2019, 05:11:59 pm »

The blood merchant sits back and regenerates his strength, while also keeping an eye on the world, and especially for any requests.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2019, 03:57:36 pm »

The Eye spends ten power on a flashy laser light show in the atmosphere of the Moon that spells out "WORSHIP THE LEFT EYE OF NEFERTEM" in symbols implicitly understandable by all onlookers!

It then follows up by planting a fancy temple about the size of the Taj Mahal in an uninhabited spot on Swordshield, telling some passing hue-ghasts to make pilgrimages there to worship. The temple has neon signs, gold trim, and Vegas-style sky-scanning spotlights. There may be slot machines inside.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2019, 04:29:06 pm »

Spend 3 Power to talk with all of the Lancecutters (introducing myself as the god of Balance) and use 3 Essence to teach them about the arts of construction and destruction, so the males learn how to build fortresses and castles to protect themselves from attacks while the females learn how to make and utilize siege weapons against buildings.

Explain to them that the objective of this is to give the Lancecutters an incentive to group together and develop new technologies to survive, as their current lack of balance and stability will lead to their destruction. Unless they learn to work together, the Lancecutters will destroy themselves.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2019, 04:47:56 pm »

Almost immediately (from a mortal standpoint) after the Cutchin are cut into existence, they are struck by a rain of surprisingly harmless fireballs and hear a voice like an impossibly skilled duelist using a pair of blankets to speak their language.

"Greetings, embodiments of cutting. I am the god of the people Cut has placed you among and I wish to clarify the particulars of Cut's will.

"It is clear that Cut placed you among the Wheel Angels for a purpose. It is also clear that your forms are not well-suited to improving on the imperfect swords created at the beginning of time, as swords are rather unwieldy manipulators. These are related. I believe Cut wishes for you to unite with the Wheel Angels, such that they forge swords that are better than the primordial blades while you cut away at all other things.

"Incidentally, Cut is attempting to unite the Lancecutters. However, I anticipate that some will stray from the path and that internal tensions may drive them apart if they are not reminded of the safety of numbers. Your role is clearly to cut away those heretics who would stray from the pack and remind the rest of the safety of numbers. If they are united they may endure you, but alone they cannot help being cut away."

The fireballs were in fact possessing spirits, and the Cloak spoke to them next, keeping their words secret from the Cutchin. (The other gods, of course, overhear this entire speech.)

"And greetings to you, angels of flame and violence. Your task is to befriend the Cutchin and direct them towards targets besides the angelic host or, ideally, convince them to fight alongside my own soldiers. I believe Cut will not strike at you, for you improve the cutting abilities of the Cutchin and dulling their blades goes directly against his nature. Your secondary role is to grant the Cutchin voices that are comprehensible to most mortals, as their language is extremely dangerous and any unity with other races is practically impossible without some form of translation magic.

"I recommend learning magic to manipulate the physical world, as you are likely to fight alongside your hosts and your touch is not particularly versatile."

Speak to the Cutchin in an attempt to convince them that terrorizing the Lancecutters into unity instead of attacking the Wheel Angels is Cut's will.
Create one unit of Flame Angels and have them possess the Cutchin. (5E, 2S, probably.)

Spoiler: Flame Angels (click to show/hide)
Tell the Flame Angels to befriend their hosts and direct them towards cutting things that aren't my people.
Use however much power is necessary to prevent Cut informing the Cutchin of my manipulation.
Spend all remaining power on suppressing violence between Cutchin and angels.
Listen to prayers.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2019, 06:51:25 pm »

Bazalith seeing what the cloak was making decide to do something about it but first he decide to speak to his children
my children i'm creating some brothers for you, play nice with them cause they posses powerful ability to deal with a new threat that is appearing
i then use my 4 essence and 4 spirit to pay for them
Spoiler: Imps are the best (click to show/hide)
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2019, 11:50:37 pm »

[Rin the Immortal]

Scurrying out of hiding, after the impact caused so many cave-ins. Rin decides she may have made the labyrinth too unstable.
So she shall provide some support. But adding harder rock is no good, it'll crack like everything else. Stone is too inflexible, she needs something else.
Rin uses 4 Essence and 1 Spirit to add further metal veins to Rin's Labyrinth.
Because metal tends to flex better than stone, it will delay or even outright prevent cave-ins and ground movement.
The veins are only mundane metals. As she's focusing on quantity over quality.

Though this may have the side effect of boosting the production of digging tools. Putting her Lilrins in danger once more.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:08:15 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2019, 12:34:50 am »

So she shall provide some support. But adding harder rock is no good, it'll crack like everything else. Stone is too inflexible, she needs something else.
Because metal tends to flex better than stone, it will delay or even outright prevent cave-ins and ground movement.
Having done some research just for you, I can now confidently state that this would not work.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2019, 08:15:54 am »

Having done some research just for you, I can now confidently state that this would not work.
Eh. Chalk that up to Rin's ignorance. Or magic. Or magic of ignorance.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2019, 12:26:09 am »

Tick 4: Living on Prayers

The Eye names his previously unnamed creation!

Cutchin are cut into existence by Cut! These creatures lead a *very* cut based existence. Currently they spend most of their lives in a tumbleweed like existence, traveling across the shields of the Swordsheild world in small herds constantly in search of food. The arrival of this nomadic creature often causes small-scale catastrophes for the other races local to the area, as they tend to be very destructive to the local ecosystems by their nature. Most other races seem to assume it is a form of natural disaster and treat it as such, many moving out of the afflicted area until the herds have passed. Their worship mainly takes the form of stories told at night, around the proverbial campfire, and are naturally very cutty in many ways. Usually these are stories (many fictional) about the Gods, while few are fables focused around mortals meant to teach lessons. Generally they are lead by whoever the largest is at the time, as they have the most complete memories and are therefore the most developed and cutty. Several herds have taken to a primitive form of democracy, under the belief that they all came from one creation and thus work better when acting as one unit. (Cut -10E)

Cut then tries to carrot-and-stick the Lancecutters towards cooperation. Urged very forcefully by their creator, a large portion of Lancecutters have joined a tribe. At first this results in bouts of not-quite-fatal fighting, but things eventually settle down as their society develops. They end with very stratified societies, with the Men living in fortified nests with the larva and children while the females live in hut-sized territories they cut out (sometimes literally) forming the rest of the village. Many tribes figured out a loophole in the rules given to them, and live essentially as they traditionally had by raiding other Lancecutter tribes. There are still holdouts, but the majority of the group now lives in tribes. Their anti-Imp campaigns are complicated by lack of trust, the female groups are unwilling to let anyone near them while they sleep due to the traditional male mating technique and female aggression, while the males only really have other males to watch their back. Still Cut's forceful cultural change takes effect and many more Imps are driven off (with captures being rare, as they are only vulnerable during feeding.) Current leadership is, essentially "Cut's Divine Will", with the actions almost entirely dictated by the implanted orders rather than mortal leaders.(Cut -10P)

Cut Prayers:
Lancecutter Bowmaker: "Oh Cut, why do you force us to live with those hideous females?"
Titan Weasel Leader: "AAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHERE IS MY FINGER?"
Cutchin "Child": "Its not fair that the sun can cut us but we can't cut it back!"

Lily attempts to block all communications to the moon, except for those currently invested in it. Time will tell how this possessive attitude works with the other Gods. (Lily -1P)

And it is almost immediately ignored! Rut uses their body to seduce Titan Weasels to his cause. With many local leaders preaching fertility to help recover from the recent catastrophe, he finds a willing atmosphere for his seductions. His lover almost without fail join his cause, forming a new faction of Rut-Worshipers on the moon.

Rut Prayers:
Lilrin adolescent: [Must find mate. Must reproduce. Must feed. Must reproduce.]
Lancerutter Female Weaponsmith: "Why do the Weasels have such an easier time rutting then we do?"
Hue-ghasts Landpainter: "By Rut, I've painted the most beautiful creature possible!"

The Eye Prayers:
Hue-ghasts Landpainter: "By The Left Eye of Nefertem, I've painted the most beautiful creature possible!"
Lilrin "philosopher": [What is beauty. How to be more beauty. Sky is very beauty.]
Hue-ghasts Pilgrim: "My Lord, Lancecutter bandits have been forming along the path to the Holy Land!"

The Blood Merchant Requests:
Wheel Angel Alchemist: "I want a design that can help capture wild beast, so that we may turn their life energy into blood crystals!"
Lancecutter Female Hunter: "Forts are annoying! Give me something that can erase them from the face of the planet!"

The Eye takes to skywriting, giving a light-show complete with advertisements for his own Worship. Annoyingly, most moon-dwellers tend to live underground and missed out. Those above-ground where often stunned by the show, with many deciding to convert on the spot. He then creates a very flashy temple, setting it up as a place for pilgrims. Awed by its beauty, many pilgrims choose to stay permanently, setting up a primitive town around the building that now provides services to the other pilgrims. Most are Hue-ghasts, followed by Eye worshipers of other races, followed by non-worshipers who want to see what the big deal is. (The Eye -1E/10P)

Assisting with the unification of the Lancecutters, Tanact gifts them with technology! The wonders of building fortresses and siege weapons! Mostly, these continue to be involved with the lancecutter tribe wars. The nests are fortified, and used as a "castle" when the invaders come in. Given the local geography, most fortresses tend to be made of shield parts locked together in a chain-like pattern, or several large shields stuck together with whatever local material is available. Most siege weaponry focuses on bypassing these defenses, either with ropes and ladders or large swords modified to work well at splitting those bonds. Those in conflict with the Lancecutter tribes themselves pick up some of the technology, simple buildings are becoming commonplace among the more crafty races of the Swordshield world. (Tanact -3P, 3E)

The Seraph's Cloak speaks to the Cutchin, who mostly proceed to walk away from Wheel Angel land without incident. Few are moved by his words and decide to stay, living a more sedentary life among the Wheel Angel tribes. Unity is made much simpler by the creation of the Flame Angels, a race of mortals who's lives tie directly to their hosts. As most of them where placed in the Cutchin population, they currently live together in harmony. Their flame powers make the natural disaster aspect even more prominent, and their powers drive away even the Night Terror Imps. They often turn the proverbial campfire stories into literal campfire stories, while applying special effects to the fables. They often take the roll of wise elders to the Cutchin population, as they have shared experience across "generations" allowing them to fully educate the "newborns" without gaps in memory, though few take direct leadership rolls. Otherwise their cultures tend to be very similar to their hosts, few have currently found themselves outside the Cutchin population. (Cloak -5E, 2S, 10P)

The Seraph's Cloak Prayers:
Lancecutter Fortressmaker: "Is there a way we can wear fortresses like cloths?"
Night terror Imp Facinista: "Look at my collection of dream clothing! Its super rare and valuable!"
Wheel Angel Fighter: "Is it wise to let Cut's creations near our land, after everything he has done to us?"

In retaliation for the Flame Angels ability to harm the Night Terror imps, Bazalith creates Purger Imps capable of exercising possessive spirits. Due to the nature of the Cutchin herds, this ability currently sees little use. Their secondary ability, allowing them to produce offspring with the other races, has granted them the ability to mingle well with the other inhabitants on the planet. Many remain in the Wheel Angel camps, especially those ruled by Night Terror Imps. They are surprisingly popular among the Lancecutters, thanks to their ability to breed without the baggage that both genders of that race possess, and often act as intermediaries between the males and females of the newly formed tribes. Their feasting habits are generally seen as more exceptable to the general population, putting them in a good position to be traders and diplomats (who must deal with other people's desires on a daily bases). Thanks to their diplomatic abilities and natural kinship with the night terror imps, they often work to make them more accepted in other societies with great success. Usually they offer themselves as hosts for the other Imp's feedings, negating much of the conflict between the NTIs and other species. In other cases they use their trading ability to pay others to be host to the NTIs, should their own population be too low in a community. Generally they take on the culture of their host community. Those that don't live with another race tend to form nomadic caravans that go settlement to settlement, trading supplies and population as they move along. (Bazalith 4E 4S)

Rin reinforces the caves of her labyrinth with veins of metal. Most moon races have yet to discover metalworking, and the more curious of them look at the new resource with some interest. After some phantom debate over if this has stabilized the cave system or not, it seems like most of the unstable caves have already caved in from the last impact. Overall stability of the caves is similar to what it had been before. (Rin -4E 1S)

Spoiler: Divine Spirits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Spirits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:34:30 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 4: Living on Prayers
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2019, 01:19:15 am »

Cut Prayers:
Lancecutter Bowmaker: "Oh Cut, why do you force us to live with those hideous females?"
"Because I wish it, and thus make true that which I wish. You were scattered and weak, now you are gathered and cutty."

Titan Weasel Leader: "AAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHERE IS MY FINGER?"
"Your finger was inside you all along!"

Cut cuts open the Weasel Leader's chest to reveal the cutoff finger. The Weasel leader suffers no harm from his chest being cut open and the large gaping torso wound and is perfectly fine, somehow. He can sew it back up if he wants to I guess.

Cutchin "Child": "Its not fair that the sun can cut us but we can't cut it back!"
Cut teaches the Cutchin cutting how to make assemble mirrored surface into a focusing array to aim a cut-beam back at the Cut-Sun.

Cut spends 5 power to continue forcing the Lancecutters to live together in bi-gender groupings, punishing disobedience with large bursts of grief and pain, and rewarding obedience with shinier carapaces and pleasure.

Cut has the female lancecutters fight in duels, with the most cutty eventually emerging as victor and reigning over their tribes, their reigns bolstered by 5 Power from Cut, who cuts off limbs from those who do not accept their authority.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:40:35 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2019, 01:50:40 am »

[Rin the Immortal]

Rin, seeing her labyrinth stable once more, notices something.
The cave-ins have blocked many passages, and may in the future cut off parts of the labyrinth from the rest.
This will not do. And seeing the metal in the walls, she gets an idea.

Rin uses 2 Essence and 3 Spirit to grant the Lilrins a new power: Arc Breath.
Lilrins are now also capable of consuming metal. Which ends up as metal crystals jutting out of their bodies.
The Arc Breath will deplete the crystals, but is capable of boring through stone. Though for all but the oldest Lilrins it will be tiring and have a long windup.

But the Lilrins may be confused, so Rin decides to help a little bit more.
Rin uses 5 Power to give the Lilrins a dream which explains how to use the Arc Breath, and also shows when Rin did her divine version to carve large ravines into Rin's Labyrinth.
Any leftover power is used to buff the Arc Breath for this tick. Letting them make lots of tunnels real quick, so they can fix some of the damage the cave-ins did.

But Rin then realizes. She has now told the Lilrins something, but she hasn't listened yet.
Besides, it's unwise to not try and listen for the other entities in the world. As they may be stalking her this very moment.
Rin listens to prayers.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:53:36 am by Happy Demon »

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2019, 08:15:00 pm »

Lancecutter Fortressmaker: "Is there a way we can wear fortresses like cloths?"
"Not exactly. Consider strapping shields to your body."
Night terror Imp Facinista: "Look at my collection of dream clothing! Its super rare and valuable!"
"Fascinating. Would you mind if I take a sample for my own purposes?"
Admire dream clothing, take an article of dream clothing if the imp gives permission.
Wheel Angel Fighter: "Is it wise to let Cut's creations near our land, after everything he has done to us?"
"I believe so. While the Cutchin are loyal to Cut and he is my enemy, half of their society is composed of Flame Angels, who revere me. The Cutchin are unlikely to wage war against you when half of their population has a religious obligation to prevent such a war. Furthermore, the Cutchin are incredibly powerful in war. To exile rather than recruit them would antagonize them when you could twist the works of Cut to aid yourself instead."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2019, 11:18:54 am »

Use 6 Spirit to create another unit of Lancecutters, and place them in the Lancecutter tribes located in Swordshield. Once that's done, take the time to listen to the prayers of mortals just like the other gods did.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2019, 06:33:50 pm »

Wheel Angel Alchemist: "I want a design that can help capture wild beast, so that we may turn their life energy into blood crystals!"
Why do that when I could just give you a way to grow blood crystals? With that I make a fist sized blood crystal that has the same properties as those on the moon, growing when in contact with organic matter, and I plop it down next to the wheel angel alchemist. Before giving him the following instructions
Things to know about this crystal, it will grow when it is in contact with living or once living things. Do not spend the whole crystal, always leave enough behind to seed it and grow more, know that by injecting this or normal blood crystals into your body you will be granted abilities, at a cost, do not do this unless you are VERRRY desperate. Finally, if you use it all up, I will not help you further, use this well, and I will continue to assist you and your people as long as I can
Lancecutter Female Hunter: "Forts are annoying! Give me something that can erase them from the face of the planet!"
Alright, I can't directly give you anything, but I can tell you this. It is possible to use blood alchemy, and the blood crystals it creates, to turn oneself into a living weapon, at the cost of your lifespan. Cut open the flesh, lay a crystal within the wound, and seal it with fire or needle and thread. Do this to the heart and while it will be short lived, you're warriors will be able to pierce any fortress with their power. Survive for a bit and I'll grant you something more.
Then I listen to any additional requests.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2019, 04:17:42 am »

Lilrin adolescent: [Must find mate. Must reproduce. Must feed. Must reproduce.]
Lancerutter Female Weaponsmith: "Why do the Weasels have such an easier time rutting then we do?"
Hue-ghasts Landpainter: "By Rut, I've painted the most beautiful creature possible!"

1. And it should be so! 1P: seduce the lilrin and bring a buffet of yummy stuff.
2. "It is without a doubt, that the pursuit of the rut oft enhances the rut! The Weasels can *never* reach the height of pleasure as you do."
3. "Is it?" Rut looks at the painting.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7