Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer party quickstart option  (Read 1946 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer party quickstart option
« on: May 01, 2019, 04:01:34 am »

I seem to have accidentally made a Suggestion in this month's fotf, so to make amends, I'll put it here too just in case it gets buried and forgotten.

To fully set up a party of 6 adventurers, their pets, their equipment and any tweaks you want to make to their personalities/appearance, is likely to take a long time. Heck, even to skip through the screens saying OK several times will take an annoyingly (for some) long while, when all you really want to do is get stuck in and figure out what Adventurer is all about.

Please add a Play Now! button that just gives us a party of 6 to begin playing with, same as fortress mode.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Adventurer party quickstart option
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:34:51 am »

Yes. Ideally it'd be the standard dnd party of a fighter/healer/tank/thief/wizard/bard, but I guess instead we'll end up with a stabby person/bashy person/tank/ranged person/punchy person/bard.

In fact, maybe having pseudo-classes might be an idea? Like, just presets for having certain skills set that sorta resemble an rpg class, but in fact it's just a plain old adventurer and you can still tweak everything. I think this might be especially valuable once the myth and magic stuff is in place, the game could sorta approximate what an acolyte of the doodat order might need as skills so beginning players might be able to choose them.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer party quickstart option
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 08:09:33 am »

And what mix of races I wonder? A selection all from one civ? A mix of misfits from various civs? A balance of races? Say an elf, a dwarf a human and 2 randomly selected monstrosities. Or a totally random mix. 2 worm people, a plump helmet person, a gorlak and a rhino woman set out to rid the world of the zombie apocalypse.  :)