Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can you fix this?  (Read 2426 times)

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Can you fix this?
« on: May 03, 2019, 03:10:12 pm »

I created a Zerg-type race (using antmen as a template) but I need help making it actually work (I suck at raw editing). I used a few bits from other mods but I really just want this for myself (even if I wanted to upload it to (insert some DF mod website), IDK how).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 03:41:28 pm by UristMcVampire »
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Can you fix this?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:14:34 pm »

Looks like you have a lot going on here. What's going wrong specifically?

The base creature from antmen/etc. should work fine; chitin tissue layering, insect body parts, etc... Try to get that working first without the fancy corrosion tissues and see if that works in arena tests.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 03:29:18 am »

Add big litter size for queen.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:23:02 pm »

Looks like you have a lot going on here. What's going wrong specifically?

The base creature from antmen/etc. should work fine; chitin tissue layering, insect body parts, etc... Try to get that working first without the fancy corrosion tissues and see if that works in arena tests.
It crashes the game and I found this in the errorlog.

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_swarm.txt"
SWARM:Unrecognized Creature Token: NO_EMOTION
SWARM:DRONE:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: HUMANOID_4ARMS_NECK
SWARM:DRONE:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 2EYES
SWARM:DRONE:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: HEART
SWARM:DRONE:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: GUTS
SWARM:DRONE:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: BRAIN
SWARM:DRONE:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: MOUTH
SWARM:DRONE:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH
SWARM:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL
SWARM:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL
SWARM:SOLDIER:Attack PUNCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:DRONE:Attack PUNCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:QUEEN:Attack PUNCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:SWARMLORD:Attack PUNCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:SOLDIER:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:DRONE:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:QUEEN:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:SWARMLORD:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:SOLDIER:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:DRONE:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:QUEEN:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:SWARMLORD:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:SOLDIER:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SWARM:DRONE:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SWARM
SWARM:WORKER:tooth, layer 1: Tissue TOOTH was not found, using first tissue instead
SWARM:WORKER:right eye tooth, layer 1: Tissue TOOTH was not found, using first tissue instead
SWARM:WORKER:left eye tooth, layer 1: Tissue TOOTH was not found, using first tissue instead
Interaction Token not recognized : SWARM
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 12:42:05 pm »

Well, for one, it is HUMANOID_NECK_4ARMS (in the DRONE caste). Secondly you are defining castes and not giving them any bodies (I'm guessing that is what is causing the crash). Either remove the queen and swarmlord and soldier, or give them bodies. The drone also doesn't have a grasping part, so it can't use the punch attack

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 05:13:10 pm »

Well, for one, it is HUMANOID_NECK_4ARMS (in the DRONE caste). Secondly you are defining castes and not giving them any bodies (I'm guessing that is what is causing the crash). Either remove the queen and swarmlord and soldier, or give them bodies. The drone also doesn't have a grasping part, so it can't use the punch attack
I was trying to give each caste a different attack list. Also, I was planning to give them bodies, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Naga/Lamia race

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 05:22:09 pm »

I was trying to give each caste a different attack list. Also, I was planning to give them bodies, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Then you need to put the attacks in the castes themselves, right now they are being applied to all of them. If you want to just test things out, give soldiers, queens, and swarmlords the same body as worker or drone for now or just remove the castes without bodies.

You also seem to be selecting the castes individually (WORKER and DRONE) then selecting all the castes, then selecting castes individually again.

I would suggest starting over from the ant raws and just adding or changing one or two things at a time.