Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seems like I can only be a performer?  (Read 1329 times)

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seems like I can only be a performer?
« on: May 03, 2019, 11:15:32 pm »

Whenever I try to talk to the mayor/lord/king to ask to become a hearth person, it seems like I can only ask to be a performer?
However, this is a modded game using ZM5's mods where I am playing a Barbarian peasant who wasn't locally important, so that may play a factor in it, but I doubt it as I do remember having this problem in vanilla DF.
Do you know the reason why this happens? Is this a bug or am I just missing somthing quite obvious?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:17:29 pm by CrashyMcGee »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seems like I can only be a performer?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 02:39:34 am »

Get yourself a reputation as a fighter and try again.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »

And consider talking to the militia captain or another high ranking military leader, they offer the position as well.

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 02:37:08 pm »

And consider talking to the militia captain or another high ranking military leader, they offer the position as well.
Thank you, but despite them acknowledging me as a legendary hero for my quiet epic feat of killing a big bird who shot fireballs, I still can't ask them to be their hearthperson.
Also I think I should specify, it's not that I'm asking them and they're saying no to my request, it's the fact that when I try to talk to them the option that allows me to ask them to become a hearthperson is missing.

And consider talking to the militia captain or another high ranking military leader, they don't offer the position as well.
I tried talking to a milta commander but I couldn't ask them either.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 02:55:59 pm »

I used to have a problem with talking to an individual person. When you press k to talk, you need to bring the yellow x on the same tile as the person you need to talk to, otherwise you can perform or shout to everyone.