Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: WIZARD Ramble! - An Illustrated RTD Dungeon-Crawl!  (Read 6735 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: WIZARD Ramble! - An Illustrated RTD Dungeon-Crawl!
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 10:36:13 pm »

"As the proverb says; iron begets gold."

First thing's first: Walk outside my tent and survey the siege.  I'm looking for two things in particular. First, clients.  Is there anyone around here who looks like they are in dire need of a new limb or organ and are able to pay for it?  Second, goods. Are there any former people around here who look like they have perfectly good limbs and organs that I can persuade them to part with? Particularly useful or valuable looking ones. They say some people have hearts of gold but I've never found one yet.

Stay out of the way of flying arrows and especially out of the way of spells; such things are bad for business.  If I happen to run into anyone who has a particular protagonist like air about them, stay near them, but not too near. Protagonists are always either making merchandise, becoming merchandise, or in need of services. They're very lucrative and generally idiotic. A perfect combination.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:17 pm »

After a long moment of sinking you all drop down into a very warm room.
Hold on, are all party members in that cave now, or just Alisdair?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2019, 04:16:38 am »

Okay, time for some SneakyTime.
I shall first take The Small Stone Of Much Flying, and I shall render myself invisible with my Cloak. From there, fly upwards and towards the side of the Tower facing away from the battlefield. Then, inspect it, and find a suitable place to land which isn’t swarming with Soldiers. One I’m there, I shall open the Book of Masterful Design. From there, determine if there are any major sally ports in the Tower which could be opened, or any places of structural weakness near the bottom of the Tower, or any secret tunnels underneath the foundations.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2019, 05:24:05 am »

After a long moment of sinking you all drop down into a very warm room.
Hold on, are all party members in that cave now, or just Alisdair?

Alisdair, Sornwerk(and his cat), Ostrom and Erudes are now in the misty room.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2019, 06:09:01 am »

Daalira sniffed at the mist, noticed the slight tinge of alcohol, and felt her blood go cold. Miners knew and feared this sort of a situation, and so did alchemists. She was both.
Spread enough flammable material in the air, be it coal dust or spirits, and even the smallest spark will set off one hell of an ugly explosion, the sort that bursts vessels and turns your lungs to mush. It rarely mattered if it was coal dust or spirits - it was just some alchemical property of all fuel-air mixtures that made their explosions special.
On the other hand, they were far enough from the tower that a properly triggered blast might not reach them, while it'd definitely pulverize the archers in their nice little confined spaces. And a controlled detonation far away from you is always better than some idiot with fireballs setting it off in your camp...

She raised the rod to get people's attention and yelled at the top of her lungs:
"Everyone, take cover behind something heavy! Block your ears and breathe out as much as you can! This mist is about to blow up!"

Take cover behind the nearest well-grounded object - tree stump, fountain, siege shield, doesn't matter. Roll up into a ball, shut my ears with my shoulders, and point the blasting rod at the tower.
Assist Ru by yelling the spell at the top of my lungs, trying to evacuate all the air from my lungs as I do it: "Spark, Explode, Alcohol!"
Will the spark to originate next to the tower, so the epicenter is closer to the archers than to us.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:16:25 am by HmH »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2019, 09:16:17 am »

Get out of the pool, shake the water off my feathers, and then start sneakily following the party around.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2019, 09:20:28 am »

Follow the brave Alisdair in his charge against the new door
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2019, 09:14:50 am »

Sornwerk looks around at his surroundings, his brow knit in confusion, but eventually just shrugs.  Then he taps on Erude's shoulder, and when the tangleman looks back at him, he jabs two fingers lightly into Erudes' eyes, casting a spell with the words "Sense all magic".  He'll follow along with the others, but stand to the side of the door during the initial breach, following through and stabing any enemies on the other side only after the others go through.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2019, 11:28:06 am »

Adam glances impassively at the cut on his leg. Not really an issue yet; fifteen minutes with the sewing kit could fix that and the trousers. And the pain was just an excuse to pop the laudanum. Too bad he'd left both in his tent. Shrugging, he ducks behind the siege shield, slides into a crouch, and pulls one of the daggers from his belt. He slashes a strip of fabric off the arm of his right sleeve, and hands it to Glott. "Bandage," he murmurs to the imp. A quick nod of his head answers its unspoken question.

"Ho-ho!" Grinning widely, Glott sips a little blood off the wound, shivering in delight. "Mm, 'dese ones playing for keeps, huh, boss?" he remarks, quickly getting to work tying the cloth around his leg.

In lieu of an answer, Adam simply concentrates -- eyes focused on the arrows impaled in the ground inches away. "Life, Flight, Serpent." He works a spell to bring as many fallen arrows and bolts on the field as he can to life! Let their feathers be their wings, and the tips their deadly bite. Turn, leap to the air without need for a bow, and find the hearts of the archers in the tower above the gate.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2019, 07:55:26 pm »

Give the door a good stab.  If that fails, start moving around the outside of the tower, looking for some weak stonework.  Maybe a bit of crumbly wall on the far side?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2019, 04:23:51 pm »

Take cover behind something solid, so I'm safe from Daalira's plan with the explosion.
Once the explosion happens, try to make use of the confusion it should cause to find a way to sneak into the tower, or at least get close to the base below the archer's view so I can look for an opportunity in peace.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]