Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Chromatic Spirits RPG: Ghosts to Gods: Round 16: Battle against a Pumpkin  (Read 19278 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Sure, you can do that.  (I actually have a Discord but it's just for BoundWorlds.)

The Academy it is then.  Not a bad idea to start with a place for learning more of the world's mechanics and history.  Also there's already been some foreshadowing (back in Round 4) for a way that the rest of the plot threads could be ultimately tied together from there.  Feel free to speculate.

Grim can probably stay, actually, since he is physically not too far from the school in any case I'm sure I can figure out a way to get him there.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, you can do that.  (I actually have a Discord but it's just for BoundWorlds.)

The Academy it is then.  Not a bad idea to start with a place for learning more of the world's mechanics and history.  Also there's already been some foreshadowing (back in Round 4) for a way that the rest of the plot threads could be ultimately tied together from there.  Feel free to speculate.

Grim can probably stay, actually, since he is physically not too far from the school in any case I'm sure I can figure out a way to get him there.
True, but even though I like Grim, This new idea is one I quite want to try, especially with the selected setting.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile

I would like to join, so i vote B
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming voting hasn't ended and it's not time to create a character yet, C.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming voting hasn't ended and it's not time to create a character yet, C.
Also C

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

The Academy it is then. Not a bad idea to start with a place for learning more of the world's mechanics and history.  Also there's already been some foreshadowing (back in Round 4) for a way that the rest of the plot threads could be ultimately tied together from there.  Feel free to speculate.

I think voting is done, unless IndigoFenix decides otherwise. If it isn’t, that means 6 or so for B, 3 or so for C.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:10:13 pm by Kamani »
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Chapter 3: Forgotten History, Familiar Faces

Time passes quickly at the Great Academy of Chromatic Magic, the most prestigious mystic institution in the Kingdom of Iolaion and the cornerstone of the philosophy of the Six Schools.  Here, students from around the kingdom congregate, study, and grow from gifted children into true masters of the mystic arts.

But the students aren't the only ones whose magical abilities are growing stronger. As a strong nexus of magical energy, it is only natural that spirits are prone to manifesting spontaneously from the aether in this place, whether through overt spellcasting or the magically-charged hopes, dreams and fears of the school's inhabitants.  Some of these spirits become familiars, learning and growing alongside the human they have bonded with.  Others maintain an independent existence, haunting the halls, classrooms and facilities - though Headmaster Fintan has grown quite adept at putting down the more obnoxious ones.  The giant magical sword he likes to carry around isn't just for show.

The school year has been largely uneventful so far.  But soon, all that will change.  Rumor has it that a conflict is brewing on the kingdom's borders, and the Queen will likely be seeking talented mages to fight on the front lines.  The faculty and students await a visit from Iolaion's representatives.

As the year progresses, first-year students are learning more about the philosophies of the Six Schools upon which the Academy is founded.  While they do not officially receive their colored robes until later, they are expected to begin focusing their studies on the color that suits their abilities the best.  Professor Iris, who runs the introductory course, is always available for advice and counseling.

The Red School, focused on raw Power.  They believe in making your will manifest through hard work and determination.  They have the strongest raw, explosive magic and abilities that bolster their physical strength to superhuman levels.
The Yellow School, with an emphasis on Justice.  They have a strongly "heroic" flavor and tend to focus on abilities used to protect others or fight evil.
The Green School, which focuses on Harmony.  They typically believe in the preservation of the natural world and communion with spirits. They tend to form particularly strong bonds with their familiar spirits as a result.
The Cyan School, which focuses on Sagacity.  They tend to take a conservative, "hands-off" approach to most matters, mainly serving as advisers, psychologists and diplomats that help keep the peace.
The Blue School, which focuses on Knowledge.  They seek knowledge for knowledge's sake.  They mostly focus on study and information-related abilities such as scrying.
The Magenta School, which focuses on Control.  They learn all manners of versatile enchantments and ways to manipulate their surroundings.

(New players may create a human NPC to be associated with, if they so choose. There is no direct connection between a spirit's color and the color of its associated human.)

(The game will begin soon, once I work out the first scene.  For now, new players may create their characters.)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still here, use my character from the first one

Badel is a guide, my first folower is Kevin, A student at the academy which his life were saved by his pen falling, besides that, all it's actions so far were to guide him to the school and choose the green school for now.
it form form is of an eye made of ink.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:02:01 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

I am also still here, and my character is still Arbus.

Arbus is a Familiar (and leaning into being a familiar), and their first follower is Esme, the aspiring green student at the Great Academy of Magic who fell while climbing a tree in the garden, but conveniently landed in a thick bush instead of the stone path they thought they were falling towards. Their form is that of a harmless looking fox. Historically, Arbus hasn’t done much yet but talk to Esme and fetch small items for her, although Kevin (Rockeater’s character’s first follower last round) and Abelia (Atomic Chicken’s first follower from last round, who has yet to return (should you post on the old page mentioning this one, IndigoFenix? I almost missed it, and other people might have too? Then again, it might be sort of confusing to have two Chromatic Spirit pages on the first page)) are also aware of them. They haven’t find much of importance so far, so if you are new, you haven’t missed much.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I'll be playing Ars Obscurum - a spirit bound to a book about magic in the school's library of that name.

Students began to think Ars Obscurum was possessed by a spirit when it consistently flicked open to the correct page. Rumours of its helpfulness spread and it is usually checked out of the library by one student or other at any given time.

(I'll have the book appear in the possession of someone else's NPC when I've seen more characters. Did we need to decided a starting colour?)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:41:53 am by notquitethere »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As mentioned on page 1, I’ll be playing as Fragment (or potentially more accurately, as whoever owns the coin Fragment is in, if how No One went is any indicator.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Fool is a spirit Bound to a handmade wooden marionette of a jester. It's completely greyscale, and it's face is similar to a comedy mask. Having been abandoned not only one but twice, the old marionette lays in a dark corner of the Great Academy, forgotten and alone. It's trust was betrayed two times, and it's joyful spirit has been corrupted into a mischievous Demon.

A lone student was wandering around the halls when he heard a noise coming from behind. When the student turned back, all he could see was the unmoving puppet of a jester, hanging from the celling from a few strings. But when the student looked at it's eyes, a foreign idea was introduced in his mind. Without thinking twice, the student disentangled The Fool from the celling and took it with himself.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eightfold is a spirit reminiscent of an origami spider, she is bound to a previously empty and unmarked tome, suddenly discovered to be labeled with the name, Eightfold. A childish but friendly spirit, with an ever-present desire to learn.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

I really like the origami spider appearance. Looking forward to seeing what Eightfold does.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13