Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Chromatic Spirits RPG: Ghosts to Gods: Round 16: Battle against a Pumpkin  (Read 19276 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Round 13: The Changing of the Gourd

Eightfold rests and gains some mana.
Spoiler: Eightfold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arbus and Demitra (click to show/hide)

Demitra watches Corey as he runs off. It seems he is heading towards a secret room, somewhere in the school...
Both Arbus and Demitra have unlocked a new ability: Mana Boost (Green)

Spoiler: Arbus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Demitra (click to show/hide)

That's enough for now. If most of these spells require to be able to speak, they won't be of much use right now. The Fool Suggests (2) to Corey that he should probably leave for now, lest he wants to also lose the other book or worse. If needed, the Fool Pushes (3) Cruent's wand away from her hand to prevent any more offensive spells being thrown against him.
Keep scouting

Corey hightails it out of there! With only half his burden, he soon outpaces Amy, Esme, and Kevin. And once he gets to his secret hiding room, there's no way that anyone will be able to -
Something's wrong. There are strange noises coming from the hidden room.  Scratching...

Badel follows Corey, intangible. His Danger Sense is going off like crazy.  There is something horrible within the room...

And then a woman's scream and an awful noise like a thunderstorm gone mad erupts from within!

Spoiler: The Fool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Badel (click to show/hide)
Amy is still pursuing Corey. Shaa recovers some mana.
Spoiler: Shaa (click to show/hide)

Push Zume right in the eye cause he's being a dick. Then Examine his mind to understand why he's pulling this shit.

Zume winces, slapping one hand to his eye. A memory -
A raised hand, his face stinging from pain. "Let this foolishness never pass through your lips again! Forget all you think you have seen!"
"But I have seen their secret sigil! I can identify them as they walk in the street! We can strike back against-"
Another slap. "You understand nothing, Zume DeLimon! We CANNOT fight them. And at any rate THEY are not our enemy."
"THEY KILLED FATHER!"
Silence.
"The one who commanded them killed Father. Would you seek to destroy all swords because a murderer wielded one? They have found their place in society -"
"Their place in society is murdering people!"
"They have found their place in society and it is in EVERYONE'S best interests that they remain content with that place. They have accepted their role as tools directed by wealthy men, and it is far better that they remain that way." A sigh. "Your father made choices that turned him into a target. Do not make the same mistake as he did. At any rate it was a dark night and the mind can play tricks. It is unlikely that you saw the sigil clearly in the first place..."

That boy's pendant...it was definitely the same symbol, no matter what his mother and Ardera said. But then why was the boy so...docile?

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)

I make a suggest(2) to Komori "You should take a bit longer than usual, even if your a little late it won't make a difference"

Komori watches the other students hurry to class, and hangs back.

Spoiler: Zalathin (click to show/hide)

(*whistles in appreciation* Thems some choices! Well, if we're going for Monster splash Demon...)

Indeed, this girl would be his champion. Exchange Destined for Possess Arm. Then "use" (Don't actually spend Mana on it, this action is purely for dramatic effect) the new skill to execute a masterful pose.

"This is how our story begins..."

Ardera raises her broken sword to the sky, grinning. It feels...right.
"Neat, a real Relic! Even if it is broken. Wait till my stupid brother sees this."

You gained a new ability: Combat Sense
You sense a fight is starting...

Spoiler: Honor (click to show/hide)

The Older Symbols are the properly drawn runes, they activated, while the new ones were ?burned away before..

Therefore, it would lead to a separation of the spirit. Then that spirit over there is the one who used it, and drew the new ones. It seems rather weak in it's sight.

So the outer circle means to protect the body, that is a shell. To transform to something new, a vessel. But I'm disrupting it, and so the effect changed. The Personal Rune was meant to incorporate into the ritual, but I overwrite it. So a random effect of transformation, with the girl's soul trapped in a shell, displaced to another plane connected to the pumpkin's location. A sub-dimension?

Regardless, this ritual is still active, and I can use it.

Ritual has been identified. Time to change it up a bit.

2 Green: Tempt closer the Spirit. Come into the Circle.

Once it has entered,

3 Red: Action- Carve Runes, Runic Circle Modification, Third Circle.

Third Circle: Rune for Cut, link to Shell. Rune for End, tie to the First Circle. Rune for Power, Rune for Empowerment, New Beginning, Consumption of the Old to fuel the New: These Runic Patterns, tie to their Personalized Rune in Second Circle. Final Runes, Ambition, Suffering, Knowledge, into my Personal Rune. Tie First Circle to Third circle, complete the Energy Chain. Tie their Personalized Rune to Mine, link through the others for a Separate Circle, the Gate surrounding my Personal Runes, through the rest of the Third Circle. Modify the Second Circle through Shell, Cut through the Second Circle, Release the Vessel. Link the Vessel to my Personal Rune, Freedom of Self Rune used to represent Her, the Vessel. Contract Rune used as the Connector, run through Third Circle into the Gate.

The moment you complete the circle, the energy begins flowing. You immediately realize you have made a terrible mistake - the energy is flowing the wrong way.
The personalized rune wasn't the thing being transformed. It was the thing the spell's target was to be transformed into. And it is very new, while you - or at least, the emotions that brought you into being - are very, very old.
You can feel the tiny bit of energy that composes your being drawn into the pumpkin. But as this happens, the energy from the First Circle flows into the Third Circle through the circular conduit you made. Power and memory flow into you and overwhelm you -
A young woman's shrieks of pain drowned out by ominous chanting
The screaming in your mind mixes with a horrific shriek in the present!
black nails driven into flesh, a hooded man with a dagger crouched over a bed
An obscure shape rises from the bed and lurches forward -
a dagger penetrates soft flesh and splits the woman open from navel to throat
As the shape crosses the boundary of the first circle, it resolves itself into a woman wearing a deep purple robe -
a woman of regal appearance in a wide, violet dress rises from an ornate throne, a look of shock in her eyes
Crackling flows of indescribable energy pass through the room, using you as a conduit and being absorbed by the pumpkin. It starts to grow -
a pale hand raises a still-beating heart into the air
The small white light stops hovering in confusion and transforms into a glowing mouth. "Professor Aubergine, please report to the main office. We have a potential Rider from the library."
panic. seals unwoven. a hidden door unlocked
The pumpkin continues to grow. It is now the size of a large horse and has sprouted a number of thrashing, writhing vines. A crack opens in its side, which splits open into a wide, gnashing mouth.
Violet lightning and arcane energy arcs through the room - and through you - gouging gashes through the walls and floor. You are filled with indescribable power!
"It's going to have to wait," the purple-robed woman says, raising a long staff toward the monstrous gourd. "I've got a problem of my own that needs to be squashed."

Professor Aubergine
   HP: 50/50
Empowered Pumpkin
   HP: 450/450

Spoiler: Ambitu Damnum Notitiam (click to show/hide)

Get to class, better safe than sorry.

Professor Aubergine is late.
It's probably fine.

Spoiler: Quill (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Follow Corey

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

υνjμαηjναβλε, συγθ ενεςηψ!  νο ψου δο νοτ!

New Magic Creation, Original Magic Creation.

Runic Magic, Script Air: By using power, one can directly write Runes and Circuits into the air, rather than upon ordinary surfaces, using magical energy. The energy needed to do so is much, much higher, though Runes created this way  are nearly impossible to disrupt, being as solid as diamond(depending on the amount of Power the user/creator can pour into them), and maintain the same strength as normal Runic Magics, if far more flexible.

Analyze Runic Structure, Analyze Magic Structure: See the impurities and shapes in magic, most particularly in Runes. This greatly improves their strength and effectiveness when using runes, and allows for deeper analysis of the flow of magic in various Structures. Can act as a type of Mage Sight.

Runic Magic, Script Air! (1019)
Analyze Runic Structure, Analyze Magic Structure (101)
Suggestion (3): CEASE!(Death/No Resistance/Give In)[Target]

Magical Circuits forming, linking enemy target to Ritual Circle, applying Runes to new Circuit using Script Air. Separation of Magic, represented by a prism. Storage Runes for Green and Blue Magic, Multiple Filter Runes to remove intent from all magic types. Purified Red Magic flowing into circle. Set up a chain loop circle separate from the rest around the target, using the Original Circle as the base design, as well as a Levitation-type Rune to maintain the Circle and Target's Position in the air.. Run a Gate around it with Will and Intent filters. Power Circle with excess magical energy via Runic Collectors in the air, sending Power into them as necessary.

βςυτε ζοςγε jτ jσ...

Target is somewhat obvious. Professor Aubergine!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 06:41:23 pm by TricMagic »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Soul Bond to Zume. If I can send him a message while doing this, tell him this:

"I sense potential in you. Join me in defending the weak, and punishing the wicked, and I shall aid you."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I smell something."
Combat Sense the source of the, well, combat, and Suggest my weilder towards it!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:41:28 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warn all nearby spirits and Suggest (3) to all nearby humans to stay away, Push(3) them if needed,Scout the area.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Fool Examines (1) the surrounding area, trying to find the source of the noise. If he manages to locate it, he Examines (2) the entity.

Once that's done, the Fool sneaks behind the distracted Corey using his Unseen Movement, latching to his back and hoping he moves somewhere safer.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chromatic Spirits RPG: Ghosts to Gods: Round 14: Fight or Flight
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2019, 10:13:29 am »

Round 14

(This is only vaguely defined and might be changed around as new areas become relevant, but it should at least give everyone a loose idea of where things are in relation to one another.)

υνjμαηjναβλε, συγθ ενεςηψ!  νο ψου δο νοτ!

New Magic Creation, Original Magic Creation.

Runic Magic, Script Air: By using power, one can directly write Runes and Circuits into the air, rather than upon ordinary surfaces, using magical energy. The energy needed to do so is much, much higher, though Runes created this way  are nearly impossible to disrupt, being as solid as diamond(depending on the amount of Power the user/creator can pour into them), and maintain the same strength as normal Runic Magics, if far more flexible.

Analyze Runic Structure, Analyze Magic Structure: See the impurities and shapes in magic, most particularly in Runes. This greatly improves their strength and effectiveness when using runes, and allows for deeper analysis of the flow of magic in various Structures. Can act as a type of Mage Sight.

Runic Magic, Script Air! (1019)
Analyze Runic Structure, Analyze Magic Structure (101)
Suggestion (3): CEASE!(Death/No Resistance/Give In)[Target]

Magical Circuits forming, linking enemy target to Ritual Circle, applying Runes to new Circuit using Script Air. Separation of Magic, represented by a prism. Storage Runes for Green and Blue Magic, Multiple Filter Runes to remove intent from all magic types. Purified Red Magic flowing into circle. Set up a chain loop circle separate from the rest around the target, using the Original Circle as the base design, as well as a Levitation-type Rune to maintain the Circle and Target's Position in the air.. Run a Gate around it with Will and Intent filters. Power Circle with excess magical energy via Runic Collectors in the air, sending Power into them as necessary.

βςυτε ζοςγε jτ jσ...

Target is somewhat obvious. Professor Aubergine!

Professor Aubergine points her staff at the pumpkin creature, but hesitates, watching it carefully.  The creature waves its vegetative tendrils around experimentally.  It lashes out, and Professor Aubergine rolls to the side, barely managing to avoid being impaled!
She points her staff at a bunch of knives on the wall and sweeps it toward the monster. Waves of magic take shape but are absorbed by the glyphs forming in the air around her! She stares in shock as the enemy turns around, as if unsure of what to do.
You absorb the ability and take it for yourself: Propel
Power continues to flow through you, and into the pumpkin.  It continues to grow bigger!
You can feel a mix of fear, hate and rage coming through the flows of magic, but you can't figure out where they are coming from.  Glimpses of an unfamiliar woman's face pass through your consciousness.

Professor Aubergine
   HP: 47/50
Empowered Pumpkin
   HP: 680/680

Spoiler: Ambitu Damnum Notitiam (click to show/hide)

Soul Bond to Zume. If I can send him a message while doing this, tell him this:

"I sense potential in you. Join me in defending the weak, and punishing the wicked, and I shall aid you."
Zume wonders at this idle thought. He is standing between the Green and Blue hallways, where many of the Cyan classes are. A good place for rebalancing and focusing.
Perhaps confronting the boy like that wasn't such a good idea after all.  Still...if he is one of...them...someone in the school may be in danger.  Why would one of them be here?

Spirit Evolution:
You may take one of the following abilities:
Spectral Fangs (3): Inflicts edged damage on a target.
Protection (2)(1): You may block an attack.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)

"I smell something."
Combat Sense the source of the, well, combat, and Suggest my weilder towards it!
There is a strong sense of battle coming from almost directly above you! Ardera waves goodbye to the smiths and heads up the stairs.
Spoiler: Honor (click to show/hide)

Follow Corey
Warn all nearby spirits and Suggest (3) to all nearby humans to stay away, Push(3) them if needed,Scout the area.
The Fool Examines (1) the surrounding area, trying to find the source of the noise. If he manages to locate it, he Examines (2) the entity.

Once that's done, the Fool sneaks behind the distracted Corey using his Unseen Movement, latching to his back and hoping he moves somewhere safer.

Corey stares at the door, then spins around at the sound of footsteps coming from behind him!
Kevin, Amy, and Esme have caught up with him, but are hanging back.
A girl with a broken sword comes running up a nearby stairway and turns towards him.
The door blows off of its hinges with explosive force and an enormous pumpkin monster begins squeezing its way through!  Flashing lights and waves of magic can be seen in the space behind it.
Amy flicks her wand at the wall, where a small device is hung.  IN CASE OF MONSTERS BREAK GLASS
The shrill sound of the alarm fills the school!
"DANGER! MONSTER ATTACK! ALL STUDENTS, PLEASE EXIT THROUGH THE GREEN WING."

Spoiler: The Fool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arbus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Badel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shaa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Quill (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zalathin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eightfold (click to show/hide)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2019, 10:21:21 am »

I don’t have any kind of combat abilities, so I’m just going to Soul Bond Esme and use Speech encourage her to look around to make sure everyone is alright before heading out.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2019, 11:04:35 am »

Demitra pushes (1) the pumpkin creature away from the group then goes towards the green wing and examines(1) any rooms it goes past, to try and learn more about the building

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:16:01 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2019, 05:47:42 pm »

I'll take Spectral fangs.

Examine (2) Zume's mind some more. I need more information on this boy's background, what motivates him, if I am to ally with him.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2019, 06:12:52 pm »

(what is the guy who was doing the research doing now? Would I know?)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2019, 11:28:47 am »

Continue last action.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2019, 11:41:46 am »

Scout(3) the room, the pumpmkin, the teacher and everything inbetween
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2019, 01:42:45 am »

(what is the guy who was doing the research doing now? Would I know?)

Still doing research, at least until the alarm went off.
In general, anything that is reasonable but not specified may be inferred. This is a "weak rules" game.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13