Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: [47.04] Dog Breeds v5.0  (Read 32820 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dog Breeds v3.1
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2019, 12:47:04 pm »

Version 3.1 released

giant variants should now show up correctly

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2019, 05:38:13 pm »

Next step: Wild mastiff men, tribal groups of chiuahuah men in the caverns, and a caravan of friendly golden retriever men merchants coming by? 😉
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2019, 06:07:00 pm »

Next step: Wild mastiff men, tribal groups of chiuahuah men in the caverns, and a caravan of friendly golden retriever men merchants coming by? 😉

I like this idea :)

What breeds would be wild animal men? What breeds would be cavern civs and what breeds would have their own civilizations?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2019, 06:56:11 pm »

I like this idea :)

What breeds would be wild animal men? What breeds would be cavern civs and what breeds would have their own civilizations?

Wild animal men breeds: Pitbull, Cur, Cane Corso, Rottweiler
Cavern civs: Terrier, Corgi, Schnauzer
Civilizations: Pug, Poodle, Pomeranian, Saint Bernard (Would probably settle in colder climates, like taigas, mountains, tundras), Mastiff, Bloodhound

Of course, those are my ideas. They're just here to help inspire.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2019, 11:43:37 pm »

Up to you of course. I would just make one playable entity template, one allied one, one hostile one, one thieving and one for the caverns. That covers all bases and you can just drop as many breeds into those entities as you like.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2019, 02:11:09 pm »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2019, 04:27:43 pm »

So this is the future plan...

v4.0 (in work) will make the following changes:
*Add 8 new dog breeds: (total 51)
>Afghan Hound
>Caucasian Shepherd
>Dogo Argentino
>Flemish Cattledog
>Hairless Dog
>Komondor
>Pekingese
>Saluki
*Add animal person variants to all breeds
*Fix descriptions of shearable breeds
*Change color assignment of some breeds to allow for solid colors (black lab, yellow lab, chocolate lab, etc.)
*Remove scratch attacks (being used as a consistent attack which doesnt make sense)
*Remove hunting and war from all descriptions (as all breeds can be trained for hunting or war)

Here is the v4.0 stat chart

v5.0 will then add entities for the animal person breeds and potentially remove the generic "dog" creature using the installer

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:09 pm »

I hate to be “that dog owner” but rotties are not generally  aggressive. They pull carts, chew stuff, guard things if you train them, and generally act like big ol happy good bois.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2019, 07:03:28 am »

I hate to be “that dog owner” but rotties are not generally  aggressive. They pull carts, chew stuff, guard things if you train them, and generally act like big ol happy good bois.

Yeah. Almost all dogs are generally not aggressive if raised right. The agressive "type" in the chart gives them specific prefstrings, sounds and rp interactions (scratch itch). The personality given there doesn't actually do much in game, but it is supposed to make the breed better for fighting if chosen to be used that way. I can change the ranges there if you guys think they are too narrow.

You can change the rottweiler creature if you want it to use a different type variation though
Just change [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:db_AGGRESSIVE_DOG] to
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:db_FUNCTION_DOG] or [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:db_FAMILY_DOG]

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2019, 06:22:47 pm »

True. They were, however, bred to be fiercely territorial and protective which lends the breed to be aggressive in the right scenario.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2019, 10:39:24 am »

I'm not sure it will work, but I had an idea to give some breeds "can do interactions" that give other creatures emotions. For example, a dwarf gains a happiness thought when greeting a labrador or a human gains an amusement thought when standing next to a corgi. A bloodhound and a beagle could give a feeling of patience etc. Thoughts?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dog Breeds v4.0
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2019, 07:03:20 am »

Version 4.0 released!

*Added 8 new breeds:
>Afghan Hound
>Caucasian Shepherd
>Dogo Argentino
>Flemish Cattledog
>Hairless Dog
>Komondor
>Pekingese
>Saluki
*Fixed the descriptions of shearable breeds
*Increased the prepare and recover time for scratch attacks
*Removed "can be trained for hunting or war" from breed descriptions

... next release: animal person variants

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2019, 01:46:47 pm »

Add cat men at war with the dog people

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2019, 03:30:43 pm »

Add cat men at war with the dog people

lol I don't think you can force a creature to be at or with all other civilizations another creature. Every cat person civilization would have its own interactions with every dog person civilization

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2019, 08:54:56 am »

You could.

Df has four "teams" of civs that are allies. No-snatcher/no-thieves, snatcher/no-thieves, no-snatcher/thieves and snatcher/thieves. They will be allied with other civs in the group, and enemies of everyone in the other three groups.

You can also use CREATURE_CLASS:DOG/CAT, then give them an interaction that target these creature classes, turning them berserk/crazed or prone to rage while dogs are near cats and vice versa.

Next thing would be squirrel people of course, that have FLEEQUICK 😆
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9