Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [47.04] Dog Breeds v5.0  (Read 32803 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dog Breeds v4.0
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2019, 02:12:44 pm »

You could.

Df has four "teams" of civs that are allies. No-snatcher/no-thieves, snatcher/no-thieves, no-snatcher/thieves and snatcher/thieves. They will be allied with other civs in the group, and enemies of everyone in the other three groups.

You can also use CREATURE_CLASS:DOG/CAT, then give them an interaction that target these creature classes, turning them berserk/crazed or prone to rage while dogs are near cats and vice versa.

Next thing would be squirrel people of course, that have FLEEQUICK 😆

This could be cool. Maybe I should change this mod to "Dogs & Cats" add some cat breeds and then do the dog people and cat people war lol

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2019, 08:37:26 am »

I am considering a minor edit to this mod that changes all breeds to be displayed as just "d" instead of their breed letter (e.g. boxer "b"). This would make it harder to tell breeds apart, but make it easy to differentiate a dog from a cat, horse, sheep, etc. Thoughts? Opinions?

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2019, 12:11:53 am »

I don't know if this happens for other dogs, but I notice something buggy with the foxhounds. I brought a breeding pair along on my embark and they had puppies. But when the pups grow off... They no longer appear in the status animal tab. It's like they're no longer a part of my civilization? I can't train them or anything. I ended up having to buy my foxhounds from dwarven traders so that I can train them.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2019, 01:09:23 am »

Make special version without breeds after 1400 year.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2019, 06:08:43 am »

I don't know if this happens for other dogs, but I notice something buggy with the foxhounds. I brought a breeding pair along on my embark and they had puppies. But when the pups grow off... They no longer appear in the status animal tab. It's like they're no longer a part of my civilization? I can't train them or anything. I ended up having to buy my foxhounds from dwarven traders so that I can train them.

I have no idea what would cause that. There is nothing in this mod that should change the way DF handles children/adult castes. What other mods are you using? Are you using LNP or dfhack? I have never seen this before, so I assume it is a bug caused by something else, but I will test a game with some foxhounds.

I am about to release a large update for this mod though, so if this is a bug caused by this mod and I can identify/fix it, I will include it in the release.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:24:22 am by brolol.404 »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2019, 07:27:45 am »

Make special version without breeds after 1400 year.

What breeds were there pre 1400?

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2019, 12:38:26 am »

I have no idea what would cause that. There is nothing in this mod that should change the way DF handles children/adult castes. What other mods are you using? Are you using LNP or dfhack? I have never seen this before, so I assume it is a bug caused by something else, but I will test a game with some foxhounds.

I am about to release a large update for this mod though, so if this is a bug caused by this mod and I can identify/fix it, I will include it in the release.

I have a few mods in my game atm. Including your dogs, I have Meph tileset, including most of the extra decoration mods, I have Angel Assault!, Arctic Addition, Domestically Bred Dwarven Beasts, Kazoo's Silk Egg Mod, Lands of Duality, More Leather, and Succubus Dungeon. If you need me to, I can provide my save file.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2019, 07:50:49 am »

I have a few mods in my game atm. Including your dogs, I have Meph tileset, including most of the extra decoration mods, I have Angel Assault!, Arctic Addition, Domestically Bred Dwarven Beasts, Kazoo's Silk Egg Mod, Lands of Duality, More Leather, and Succubus Dungeon. If you need me to, I can provide my save file.

There is a very old version of this mod packaged with the Meph Launcher. Are you using that version or v4.0? If you are using v4.0, do you know if you are also using the pre-packaged Meph Launcher version as well?

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2019, 05:50:53 pm »

There is a very old version of this mod packaged with the Meph Launcher. Are you using that version or v4.0? If you are using v4.0, do you know if you are also using the pre-packaged Meph Launcher version as well?
I'm on Linux, so I have to manually install everything. I deleted all traces of the older version Meph uses before installing the newer version, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

I would like to note that I'm not using the Giant versions of the dogs since I wanted to use just regular dogs, and oddly enough--it's only the foxhounds! Pitbulls when they grow up are just fine and allow me to train them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:53:04 pm by goldenvixen »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2019, 08:14:18 am »

I'm on Linux, so I have to manually install everything. I deleted all traces of the older version Meph uses before installing the newer version, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

I would like to note that I'm not using the Giant versions of the dogs since I wanted to use just regular dogs, and oddly enough--it's only the foxhounds! Pitbulls when they grow up are just fine and allow me to train them.

That is very odd that it is only affecting one dog breed. I looked backed through the raws for those two dogs and I don't see anything different enough that should cause that. Removing the giant dog file shouldn't matter. I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but have you tried again with a new save and been able to replicate it? Did you get anything in the error log?

The only thing that I can think of is that somehow you moved the [CREATURE_CLASS:MOUNTAIN] tag or [PET]  tag into the child caste of the foxhound. Are adult foxhounds showing up/available to take at embark?

EDIT: Actually, since you said that you bought foxhounds from dwarven traders, this wouldnt be the cause. I am not sure what would cause this
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:58:15 am by brolol.404 »

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2019, 09:01:49 pm »

That is very odd that it is only affecting one dog breed. I looked backed through the raws for those two dogs and I don't see anything different enough that should cause that. Removing the giant dog file shouldn't matter. I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but have you tried again with a new save and been able to replicate it? Did you get anything in the error log?

The only thing that I can think of is that somehow you moved the [CREATURE_CLASS:MOUNTAIN] tag or [PET]  tag into the child caste of the foxhound. Are adult foxhounds showing up/available to take at embark?

EDIT: Actually, since you said that you bought foxhounds from dwarven traders, this wouldnt be the cause. I am not sure what would cause this

I haven't touched dog files at all. Just simply copy and paste them. When they grow up, they become foxhound hunters, and then, just no interactions. When they're pups, I can butcher them and such, but once they grow up--it's like they're something else??? I'm gonna upload my save file. Something odd is going on here and I can't figure out what it is.

EDIT: Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl47uqg50gg9xn3/region1.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:09:18 pm by goldenvixen »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2019, 05:57:32 pm »

I haven't touched dog files at all. Just simply copy and paste them. When they grow up, they become foxhound hunters, and then, just no interactions. When they're pups, I can butcher them and such, but once they grow up--it's like they're something else??? I'm gonna upload my save file. Something odd is going on here and I can't figure out what it is.

Well, it took me a few hours of testing to figure out what was going on, but I finally figured it out and will fix it for this next update coming out. So, no more worries on this one. Good find goldenvixen! Thanks!

Apparently giving trainable pets a natural sneak skill is really buggy. It is fine on adult creatures, but apparently if a pet's sneak skill is high enough as a child it will sometimes grow it straight into a hunting animal (that is no longer part of the fortress). So, I will be removing all natural sneak skills from the dog breeds and increasing the focus and spatial sense attributes on the dog breeds affected.

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2019, 07:32:27 pm »

Glad to know it's not because of the platform I'm playing on! I really was worried it was something on my end. I look forward to the update!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 05:16:37 am by goldenvixen »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2019, 07:35:29 pm »

Well, it took me a few hours of testing to figure out what was going on, but I finally figured it out and will fix it for this next update coming out. So, no more worries on this one. Good find goldenvixen! Thanks!

Apparently giving trainable pets a natural sneak skill is really buggy. It is fine on adult creatures, but apparently if a pet's sneak skill is high enough as a child it will sometimes grow it straight into a hunting animal (that is no longer part of the fortress). So, I will be removing all natural sneak skills from the dog breeds and increasing the focus and spatial sense attributes on the dog breeds affected.

That's interesting. Do we know exactly what war and hunting training does? This seems to imply that it gives sneak ranks in animals.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2019, 08:13:03 am »

That's interesting. Do we know exactly what war and hunting training does? This seems to imply that it gives sneak ranks in animals.

I don't, but I can test it and see what skills change after hunting/war training. I assume hunting gives sneak skill (which is causing the error) and war possibly gives another skill like fighter, but I'll have to test it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9