Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [47.04] Dog Breeds v5.0  (Read 33043 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dog Breeds v4.0
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2019, 10:32:54 am »

I haven't touched dog files at all. Just simply copy and paste them. When they grow up, they become foxhound hunters, and then, just no interactions. When they're pups, I can butcher them and such, but once they grow up--it's like they're something else??? I'm gonna upload my save file. Something odd is going on here and I can't figure out what it is.

EDIT: Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl47uqg50gg9xn3/region1.rar?dl=0

Well, it took me a few hours of testing to figure out what was going on, but I finally figured it out and will fix it for this next update coming out. So, no more worries on this one. Good find goldenvixen! Thanks!

Apparently giving trainable pets a natural sneak skill is really buggy. It is fine on adult creatures, but apparently if a pet's sneak skill is high enough as a child it will sometimes grow it straight into a hunting animal (that is no longer part of the fortress). So, I will be removing all natural sneak skills from the dog breeds and increasing the focus and spatial sense attributes on the dog breeds affected.

That's interesting. Do we know exactly what war and hunting training does? This seems to imply that it gives sneak ranks in animals.
Training just change attributes.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dog Breeds v4.0
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2019, 04:23:13 pm »

I tested it and yeah, it doesn't show any skill increase on the creature, but I guess it could possibly be increasing in the background.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dog Breeds v5.0
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2019, 07:58:08 am »

Version 5.0 released!

This is a substantial update that removes the installer, but adds additional creature class tags for use in future content.

This update also removes all meat and items made from dog materials from all civilizations (using Roses entity and resource-change dfhack scripts). These items can still be produced and used by a player, but other settlements and civilizations will not produce or use them due to cultural and social aversion. (this feature requires dfhack)

Changelog v5.0
> Removes all meat, organs, leather, clothing, bone items, blood and parchment of all dog breeds from civilizations including embark resources, migrant clothing, invader armor, trade caravans and settlements (using Roses entity resource-change dfhack scripts). These items can still be produced and used by a player, but other settlements and civilizations will not produce or use them. (requires dfhack)
> Dog breeds no longer produce unique meat when butchered and are instead just listed as "dog" meat.
> Replaces the current five creature classes (MOUNTAIN, FOREST, PLAINS, EVIL, SKULKING) with eight new ones (db_A, db_B, db_C, db_D, db_E, db_F, db_G, db_H) to allow for more flexibility when assigning dog breeds to civilizations.
A = Bloodhound, Coonhound, Foxhound, Basset Hound, Beagle, Dachshund, Boxer, Bulldog, Pitbull, Saint Bernard, Mastiff, Sheepdog, Collie, Corgi, Pug
B = Labrador, Retriever, Setter, Pointer, Spaniel, Terrier, Rottweiler , Pinscher, Shepherd, Great Dane, Flemish Cattledog, Cur, Greyhound, Schnauzer
C = Poodle, Dalmatian , Pomeranian, Papillion
D = Shibu Inu, Akita, Shar-Pei, Chow Chow, Shih Tzu, Pekingese, Maltese
E = Dogo Argentino, Hairless Dog, Chihuahua
F = Wolfhound, Caucasian Shepherd, Komondor, Great Pyrenees, Husky
G = Afghan Hound, Saluki, Cane Corso
H = N/A
> Removes all dog breeds from elves, goblins and kobolds and assigns all "A" dog breeds to dwarves and all other dog breeds to humans. These assignments can be changed in the entity file by adding/removing brackets around the desired creature classes.
> Removes [TRAINABLE] (war and hunting) from toy dogs: pug, pomeranian, shih tzu, pekingese, papillon, chihuahua and maltese (giant variants are still trainable).
> Removes giant dog variants from embark.
> Removes the generic "dog" creature from showing up in game.
> Removes scratch attacks from dogs.
> Adds multiple color varieties to the labrador dog breed.
> Adds insulation and shearable to the hair of corgis, retrievers, setters, spaniels and wolfhounds.
> Removes the sneak skill from dogs and adds the focus and spatial sense attributes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2019, 02:32:06 pm »

I like the new gif on the OP.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2019, 04:01:19 pm »

I like the new gif on the OP.

Yeah. It made me laugh lol

Here is the source for it: http://rebloggy.com/post/gif-adorable-husky-kawaii-corgi-puppies-pug-pugs-pixel-pomeranian-transparent-sh/79131349993

I'd credit the artist, but I dont know who that is.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2019, 06:46:50 pm »

Weredogs v1.0 released!

In the spirit of Halloween, I added a standalone mod that adds 20 breeds of weredogs to the game.

Now you will know why you fear the night.

Wereakita
Werebeagle
Werebloodhound
Wereboxer
Werebulldog
Werechihuahua
Werecorgi
Weredachshund
Weredalmatian
Werehusky
Werelabrador
Weremaltese
Weremastiff
Werepapillion
Werepinscher
Werepitbull
Werepomeranian
Werepoodle
Werepug
Wererottweiler

Khalvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2019, 07:59:59 am »

If you plan on adding more Breeds, may I suggest Weimaraners

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2019, 09:48:07 am »

If you plan on adding more Breeds, may I suggest Weimaraners

I will add Weimaraners in the next update :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:31:55 pm by brolol.404 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2019, 11:21:33 am »

What do you think of the Hare Indian Dog? It's an extinct dog breed created by Native Americans, with some speculation that it could have been a domesticated coyote or a coydog hybrid.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2019, 08:49:27 pm »

What do you think of the Hare Indian Dog? It's an extinct dog breed created by Native Americans, with some speculation that it could have been a domesticated coyote or a coydog hybrid.

That's pretty cool. I currently dont have any extinct breeds in the mod but I believe one was suggested before. I am thinking of making a small add on that has a few extinct dogs in it, but I don't really know of many to add if I did make one.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2019, 10:09:20 pm »

What about milk dog breed?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2019, 07:36:20 am »

Are you asking about a milkable dog or is there a breed called milk dog? Dogs do not make good milkable livestock. They produce a very small amount of milk which goes to their pups and they don't lactate long. Also the milk supposedly taste like wet dog. But regardless it is too weird (for my own personal views) for me to add.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2019, 08:45:38 pm »

Are you asking about a milkable dog or is there a breed called milk dog? Dogs do not make good milkable livestock. They produce a very small amount of milk which goes to their pups and they don't lactate long. Also the milk supposedly taste like wet dog. But regardless it is too weird (for my own personal views) for me to add.
Some dogs may lactate longer than need, my friend's dog as example. Taste will be not worse than sow milk, but pigs in DF are milkable. So why dwarves or goblins not have their own breed of milkable dogs?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2020, 05:02:21 pm »

Just wanted to give a PSA that it is now possible to pet all of the dogs in this mod. That is all.
My mods and forum games.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2020, 01:44:24 pm »

Would love to see this updated to .47, though I don't know how much it'd actually need in terms of tweaks anyway.  Neat mod, and I always appreciate critter variety
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9