Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [47.04] Dog Breeds v5.0  (Read 32805 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dog Breeds v5.0
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2020, 03:17:44 pm »

Would love to see this updated to .47, though I don't know how much it'd actually need in terms of tweaks anyway.  Neat mod, and I always appreciate critter variety

This mod works fine in the new version, the only problem is that the optional dog people can't do the pet animal interaction.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2020, 07:12:33 am »

I have a problem, that I have dogs that the game notes as "setter hunter" (not hunting dog, just their normal name), but these animals are not visible on the animals screen at all. They can be pastured, but they can't be trained or butchered or anything because the animals screen just doesn't register them. Any solution?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2020, 11:42:26 am »

This mod has been updated to DF v47.04.

No changes were made from the previous version.

the optional dog people can't do the pet animal interaction.

Do you know the raw to add this feature to the creatures?

I have a problem, that I have dogs that the game notes as "setter hunter" (not hunting dog, just their normal name), but these animals are not visible on the animals screen at all. They can be pastured, but they can't be trained or butchered or anything because the animals screen just doesn't register them. Any solution?

I can't seem to replicate your error. Do you have a screenshot of the issue? Are you using dfhack, dwarf therapist or some other mod that changes the UI?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2020, 12:34:56 pm »

All you have to do is copy this piece from the dwarven raws to their entries.

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PET_ANIMAL]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Pet animal]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[CDI:VERB:pet:pets:pets]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET:B:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:1]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:B:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:20]
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2020, 12:37:45 pm »

Thanks!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2020, 02:27:17 pm »

Thanks!

No problem!
My mods and forum games.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Dog Breeds v5.0
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2021, 08:01:44 pm »

Can different breeds mate? such as rotwiler and pitbull or pitbull and bulldog?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2021, 09:30:03 am »

Can different breeds mate? such as rotwiler and pitbull or pitbull and bulldog?

Unfortunately not. Each breed is a different creature which can't mate in DF.

Bioautomaton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2021, 03:16:46 pm »

This mod has been updated to DF v47.04.

No changes were made from the previous version.

I can't seem to replicate your error. Do you have a screenshot of the issue? Are you using dfhack, dwarf therapist or some other mod that changes the UI?

I've also run into this problem, and I wonder if Szkeptik was running Meph Launcher. The version of the Dog Breeds mod included with Meph Launcher seems to not be quite implemented correctly. Puppies grow up into "(Breed) Hunters." Poked around a bit and they have the Hunter profession for some reason after they become adults, and this prevents them from showing on the Animals screen and being trainable. You can fix this with DF Hack using gui/gm-editor and setting the first profession slot to 102.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2021, 04:44:20 am »

Dogs in the Meph Launcher have natural sneaking skill, and that's the root of the problem. Creatures with innate sneaking grow up to be buggy hunters. It's a known bug.
Dogs downloaded directly from this thread should work perfectly.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2022, 07:36:38 am »

Hello, necro-tizing this to A) say hello  :) , and B) ask a question.

I had a look at the DFhack script and it's took my interest, is there any discussions about it I can read up upon because im relatively lost how the strings actually connect to your dog-breeds other than going through the generalised creature. Mainly because i wanted to produce a homebrew-mod where the occupants procure meat and leather from "artificial" creatures like "hotdog-sausage meat" and "synthetic leather" by abstract high-science workshop reaction cruelty-free using don't exist monsters and don't attempt to eat or wear their pets without resorting to elfish ways.

- Also i was a little dissapointed i couldn't find any Alsatians (German Shepards) as a generic military/working dog for the mod theme, but overall very impressed with the quality on show.

Edit - I found it, that's cleeeevveeerr and threw me offguard.
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:DOG:MUSCLE] etc. over all db-materials which have been applied via CV so materially they are dogs but caste they are different.
Dogs in the Meph Launcher have natural sneaking skill, and that's the root of the problem. Creatures with innate sneaking grow up to be buggy hunters. It's a known bug.
Dogs downloaded directly from this thread should work perfectly.

Perhaps edit their profession token? I don't know if that's a thing or not but the war animal and hunting animal 'profession' roles are there you could just edit to leave blank.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 08:01:54 am by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]