Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blood of Champions - A Gladiatorial Arms Race-like - Core Thread  (Read 1705 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood of Champions - A Gladiatorial Arms Race-like - Core Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 11:24:49 pm »

Hey dudes, some bad news. For anyone not in Discord or who hasn't yet seen my other two thread posts, my computer took a hot steamy shit right on my chest. As much as that might appeal to some people, it resulted in me losing a lot of prewritten stuff for my forum games. While IWAR and ITF are both recoverable (as everything was in-thread or easily remembered), BoC suffered from being extremely complex behind the scenes. Everything - the large list of traits, characters, storylines and the like - was lost. I'm not really up to building this AR-like again, but perhaps I'll come back to something similar in the future.

Sorry guys, but you can consider this game sunk.

Also, I just want to say that for the first turn each team took two gladiators, with the third showing up in the next turns pool for the other team. I pulled a sneaky and created a pair of German brothers and offered one to each side on that first turn expecting to eventually have them face one another on the field. However the Flavii preferred not to pick theirs, and so he suffered mistreatment, and a loss of stats, over the course of continued captivity. The Magnii, offering up their German for the next Forum fight, had him there to point out the existence of his brother. They took him in at the German's behest (resulting in a massive behind the scenes boost in Morale and Loyalty), though he was weak and scrawny. Funnily enough, they planned on utilizing him as a farmer, not a gladiator, before I could have the German request that very thing the next phase.

While the Magnii worked on the first of many plots to be weaved into the game the Flavii made smarter business decisions, resulting in a greater pool of Tokens to spend in that second turn. They also made a wider variety of business contacts that could have paid off very well. Sure, they didn't get a new trainer like the Magnii did to provide a large boost to their Training Dice Pool, but hey, fighting is only part of arena combat. Smart business could have easily overcome that!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 07:10:25 pm »

I enjoyed it.

Edit: I still want to know what OpSec is short for and means.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:11:18 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 11:15:47 pm »

Op Sec, Operation Security. It basically means not saying "HEY GUYS! TEAM X WORKED ON Y AND Z AND HAS JOHN DOE WITH A GOOD SPEAR AND DECENT ARMOUR ALONG WITH A NET WITH THESE STATS AS WELL AS...ect ect ect"
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 [2]