Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Siege weapons mod  (Read 2684 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege weapons mod
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 06:18:34 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, don't ballistae penetrate units to some degree, too?
Yeah, the mechanics are very different.
If you want an intense overbearing ranged weapon, maybe you can make it so the bolts are practically like thrown axes in terms of their edge and weight values.

Yes, they have the piercing flag, and you can't change the weight of the arrows, they are fixed to be essentially weightless. You could change the values of the arrows attack, but only up to a certain point.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 04:15:56 am »

If you want an intense overbearing ranged weapon, maybe you can make it so the bolts are practically like thrown axes in terms of their edge and weight values.

Yes, they have the piercing flag, and you can't change the weight of the arrows, they are fixed to be essentially weightless. You could change the values of the arrows attack, but only up to a certain point.
What if add to ballista arrow elements of ammo, like knifes have some elements of weapon? When it shoot from ballista - use hardcoded, when it shoot from log bow - projectile use ammo characteristics.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 11:46:03 am »

What if add to ballista arrow elements of ammo, like knifes have some elements of weapon? When it shoot from ballista - use hardcoded, when it shoot from log bow - projectile use ammo characteristics.

Unfortunately that won't work either, you'll just get errors of unrecognized tokens, and it won't do anything

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2019, 12:12:23 am »

The current vanilla code for siege weapons is literally from the 2D version. DFhack has some ways to update the way siege weaponry works so it's three dimensional, it might (emphasis on "might") be possible for you to create a script where sieging goblins and trolls can use the 3D code, and maybe can also build siege engines (or hijack existing ones).

That said, it's going to be a massive task to do and entirely dependent on DFhack.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 [2]