Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frustrating issue [Fixed]  (Read 1163 times)

Akire707

• Escaped Lunatic
  • New Player - Up for discussion on the game xD
    • View Profile
Frustrating issue [Fixed]
« on: May 17, 2019, 12:41:04 pm »

So i have just began my first fort however my issue is not knowing what to do. My issue is a random ongoing occurrence while lets say i'm in any workshop or even selecting what to plant in my farm plots the game throws me out of the menu selecting another workshop or stockpile nearby it happens so often it becomes a race just to create a number of items even worse when i have to scroll down manually to select something such as smelting as you can imagine its frustrating. i'm loving the game so far that i'm willing to push on despite this for now however if any of you have any ideas what causing this please let me know.

Help out a young dwarf that hasn't earned his beard yet xD
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:20:33 am by Akire707 »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating issue
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 05:34:59 am »

Are you sure there is nothing wrong with your keyboard?
I have never had the game select other workshops while I'm browsing a menu selecting an item to be made or what plants to be planted.

Akire707

• Escaped Lunatic
  • New Player - Up for discussion on the game xD
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating issue (Fixed)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 08:40:07 am »

In the end i ended up reinstalling after a complete removal the issue is gone not sure what the cause was but now i get to enjoy the game without this issue.

thanks for replying anyhow xD

pink_belt_dan_52

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating issue [Fixed]
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 01:42:13 pm »

Sounds like it's maybe not the cause of this problem if a reinstall helped, but I find I often accidentally use the arrow keys instead of +/- on that menu, which moves the cursor to a different workshop rather than scrolling the menu itself.