Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 188161 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 3: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Kingdom
« Reply #2040 on: December 31, 2019, 10:23:27 am »

"You're... kinda assuming we can beat him..." Selene said quietly to Keith. "I, uh, think we shouldn't go and threaten the strongest demon general with violence..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 31, 2019, 10:39:19 am »

"I think you misunderstand your positions here. Perhaps you forget that, by not fighting me, I'm removing one of your more powerful foes from your equation. If you WERE to try to take my head, I would be forced to fight back, and no doubt I'm quite confident I'd win. But.....it would be a shame to hurt you all, especially men with such devilishly handsome looks," he says as his eyes sweep over Keith, Vlad and Rosencrantz, 'and women with such beautiful faces." he continues as his eyes sweep over Yliss, Asuna and....well, essentially the rest of the female party bar Serena, really.

Lucifer taps his chin thoughtfully. A smirk grows across his face, one you're sure he's done many times before, to many other people aside from you.
"Hm. Allow me to make a counter-offer you might find more to your liking than fighting me."
"I will lower my part of the barrier and ease your journey. In return, however, your entire group will now collectively owe me one favour. I may extract this favour at any point I wish, and it may be anything I wish, and I may ask as many or as few of you as possible to collect this favour, and you must do as I ask without asking for a different favour. You have my honor as a General and a gentleman that I will not ask you to do something unreasonable or against your moral code, not unless you are willing to do so. Are those preferable terms?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:41:55 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: December 31, 2019, 12:40:17 pm »

"THANK HMPM Selene. Glad at least someone can still MPMH this is a darn Demon General."
"Just how MPMH times will I have to say threatening is not a way to negotiate? I do apologize for their 'eagerness', I am sure this is not the first MPMH you had people thinking they can beat you up easy peasy."
"While I don't mind taking a different MPMH there, you are asking us something awfully vague. ESPECIALLY because you are saying 'anything', so I am sure you can MPMH the issue in a trade like that. And what might be unreasonable for us, might end up not being unreasonable for you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: December 31, 2019, 12:58:23 pm »

"I'm not threatening him, dumbass. I'm stating the reality of the situation. That barrier has to come down, and the only two ways for that to happen are he does it willingly, or he dies."

Keith shook his head.

"If we can talk it out, cool. If we can't, then we're gonna have to fight him at some point."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: December 31, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »

:"ANYTHING sounds like the sort of thing to say when you’re about to go tell people to go burn down a fuckin’ orphanage or something. So how about this: I’m fine with most things, but the favor can’t be clearly and ludicrously evil, and..."
:"I’ve seen enough anime, so it can’t be anything sexual or like a date or something either."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 31, 2019, 04:57:30 pm »

"Of course I wouldn't ask you for something so base or trite. While a date with you would likely be enlightening and interesting, I'd rather earn your approval first, let you come voluntarily. In all likelihood, it would be something similar to how I got this dining room, or this cask of brandy. I am a demon, not a monster."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: December 31, 2019, 05:18:34 pm »

Jarvis preferred to not reply to that, it wasn't going anywhere, so instead he focused on trying to make this deal reach a more agreeable level.
"Considering how vague you were, MPMH blame her for being careful. And if you MPMH us to accept doing favors, can't you like at least explain what sort of thing you are expecting?"
"Especially when you MPMHM as far as saying that we can't request another favor. That sound kind MMPHM...Ominous."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 31, 2019, 05:21:06 pm »

"I...just explained what I expect. The reason I forbid switches....if you're aware of those fools who believe they can outwit me with a loophole, you know how many have tried to swindle me."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 31, 2019, 05:34:25 pm »

"I was hoping to receive more information MPMH. But I suppose you MPPH a good point, even if this is still a bit of a difficult deal to accept."
"While I don't MPPMPH taking the risk if it means getting the job done quicker, I am not sure how many here do share MPMH feeling."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: December 31, 2019, 05:56:26 pm »

"Discuss away, but that is the price I want and the terms under which I will extract it. Though perhaps it seems more ominous because I am a demon and a Demon General at that. Perhaps if Milly were to ask, you'd be less suspicious, hm?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: December 31, 2019, 06:00:22 pm »

"...I completely MPMH you two were giving each other weird stares before. Just what the MPMH happened between you two in the past?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: December 31, 2019, 06:02:21 pm »

Lucifer suddenly frowns.
"As I said, I was....a loyal customer of hers."
Milly simply nods at that without saying a word.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 31, 2019, 09:37:16 pm »

"Just how MPMH times will I have to say threatening is not a way to negotiate? I do apologize for their 'eagerness', I am sure this is not the first MPMH you had people thinking they can beat you up easy peasy."
"Trust me, you would notice if I threaten someone, Jarvis."

Yliss empties the rest of her glass within her, putting it away and having a slight expression of intoxication.

"That hit the frikkin' spot..."

She then looks at Lucifer.

"Let's face it, demon dude, you will pick the one with the least inhibiting moral code from the group since as long as they're cool with atrocities or betrayal, it will not be against their moral code and the letter of the favor-based contract would remain fulfilled."
"And as it stands, both the group and I know that I'm pretty high on the list for 'flexible morality'."
"Then again, why settle for a mortal if you can get a guaranteed anytime-favor from a Goddess herself? Playing the long game is your style, isn't it?"
... Begs the question though... Is Serena part of this group or is she just the sponsor of this group? If you are the one giving a group of people a mission, you're not part of that group... He definitely wants to target one of us, right?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: December 31, 2019, 09:48:20 pm »

"Let me answer that with a proposition of my own. An immoral man is of no use to me, and I would not ask him to do me a favour, because he would get it done in a substandard way which would screw me over in the long run because he is not bound by any code of honor to actually do what I ask. If, however, I ask a man of actual morals, he will be obligated to fill my request to the letter because he is a good man and honorbound, or bound by his pride, to fullfil a promise he makes, even if the requester is someone like myself. Therefore, it would be counterproductive of me to ask those who owe me favours to commit atrocities in my name, because I would never ask for a favour from someone willing to commit atrocities for a demon, because the chances of me getting what I want, in a way I want it, without any unwanted consequences reflecting on me would be.....small."
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 328