Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 183702 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 3: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Kingdom
« Reply #2070 on: January 08, 2020, 08:50:57 pm »

"I speak for the conditions of my own involvement. I see no reason to regard this party as indivisible, as some homogenous mass, and for your endeavor I doubt you'd need everyone either."
"Chain yourself to your pact, chain them to theirs, it matters not to me so long as mine is held by words alone. I see no reason a single covenant be employed."
"Call me a hypocrite it you wish, slander me if you must, but a servant's loyalties should never be so divided. You must understand, I am a woman of my word, but I would sooner slaughter my word and commit it to a shallow grave than to betray my master."
"(As soon as I buy myself a new one.)"
"For me to willfully eliminate even that option would be tantamount of treachery."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: January 09, 2020, 08:53:39 am »

Courtesy of Milly, Lucifer seems a little....flustered.
"Well, think of it not as being bound to me, but a means to an end. You want to get closer to your master, this is the price you pay for it. If you're as loyal a servant as you say you are, you're capable of holding true loyalty to your master even as you owe me a debt, are you not? Or are you implying that your own loyalty is so easily swayed?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: January 09, 2020, 04:00:16 pm »

"But a debt is not all debt. You have asked me to agree to terms to be enforced with no idea how they will be enforced with no idea what collateral is at stake."
"Why good sir, would I agree to carte blanche? Is it not enough for the deal to be on words so long as your payment is made after services are rendered? The liability would still fall on us as while you can simply withhold either payment as need be."
"Of course, you could concerned that this favor of yours will require a degree of secrecy. But I am not opposed to negotiating a non-disclosure agreement if that is the case."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: January 09, 2020, 04:17:36 pm »

"I'm asking because it's not as if me lowering the barrier for you comes at no risk whatsoever to me. The moment it is lowered, the assumption will be that either I've died or that I've turned traitor. As it won't be the former, they'll assume I've turned on them and thus am now an enemy of the Demon Lord, which will mean anyone who's still loyal to the Demon Lord....not that even Mammon is all that loyal....will hunt me down. A large favour like putting myself in the crosshairs of the Demon Lord....well, is it not fair for me to extract a large price?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: January 09, 2020, 04:23:54 pm »

A loud groan sounded out from someone else at the table who was... rather unimpressed.
:"Ugggggh. Oh my GOD, how long are we gonna take on this? I do not want to be sitting at this table all day."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: January 09, 2020, 07:39:15 pm »

"I see. My apologies, I may not have the course of events quite right in my mind - is the favor to be called upon after the barrier goes down then?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: January 09, 2020, 08:27:37 pm »

"Of course. As a show of good faith, if nothing else. I am a demon of Pride, after all. You can expect me to be as good as my word."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: January 09, 2020, 08:57:34 pm »

"...I honestly MPMH we had settled this moments ago. So I can't say I was expecting for this back-and-forth between MPHM."
"As long as you drop MPMH barrier we will do our part of the deal."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: January 14, 2020, 07:18:57 am »

Lucifer is about to speak when a exhausted looking goblin youth bursts into the dining room.
"M-Mister Prometheus! Sorry to interrupt, I-I'm here to give you a message."
"Oh? That's quite alright. Speak up."
"T-The Baron wants you to come down to the city center, r-right now! Says he wants to settle things, right here, right now!"
Lucifer raises an eyebrow.
"It looks like your mettle will be tested now, young adventurers. If you would accompany me, of course."
"I-I'll stay behind. I-I need to restock anyway, a-and I don't particularly want to fight....."
The Demon General seems disappointed, but not surprised, at Milly's interjection. He stands up, strolling towards the door, opening it for the goblin youth to run out, before looking over at the party.
"After you, ladies and gentlemen."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: January 14, 2020, 09:01:47 am »

"Let's go break a baron's face then; the sooner we get this done, the better."

Sure, Serena may have been a terrible goddess, but he preferred working even for her over working for a devil. He had some morals.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: January 14, 2020, 07:54:09 pm »

The party, after parting ways with Milly for the moment, makes its way to a large, beautifully crafted and round stone building in the middle of the town, banners marking the event and other banners such as the Bastapan flag, the Methiant crest of arms and advertisements hanging down the sides. Locals, of course, know it as the Methiant Colosseum.

The Methiant Colosseum was built on the public whim after a spate of defeats in competitions with neighbouring Wybernia caused the disgruntled population to find something, anything to beat Wybernia at. After much pressure, King Houlandin IV had the colosseum erected to have a sports training facility for the nascent Bastapan national football team using public funds better suited for other things and incredibly bored Dwarven architects, explaining the occasional graffiti marked 'Obok was here' in impossible to reach areas of the stadium. After a year-long campaign of national support for the team hoping to beat Wybernia in that year's Generian World Cup, the Bastapan national team was defeated 5-0 in what has since been held to be the most crushing defeat in Generian football history, to this day tainting the legacy of the sport in Bastapa. Nowadays, the Colosseum is used for other sports, such as basketball, which was brought over by bored Revivians, and wrestling events, of which the Annual Bastapan Wrestling Tournament is one, and its beginnings as a football venue have been quietly forgotten.

After some conversation between Lucifer and the front gate guards, the party is led up several flights of stairs and into....well, exactly what you expect out of a sports stadium, with rows upon rows of seats full of people, vendors hawking street food running up and down the stairs. You can sense that the audience is disgruntled, hearing people muttering about how they were promised a show and didn't get any, and as you get closer to the front, you see why.

On the wrestling ring in the middle lie dozens of unconscious competitors in the tournamnet, and standing over them is a man in great blue armor, short black hair and glasses, hands extended to show himself off. Beside him are a bald, short but clearly muscular man, encased in jet-black armor, bearing a massive shield and a brutal-looking blade resembling a butcher's knife more than a sword, and a lithe, red-haired woman in form-fitting red clothes, a whip coiled up at her side.
"Come one, come all! I'm just getting started! Would anyone else like to fuck with this baron?"
Mixed noises of booing, approval and people raring to go fight him can be heard. The baron snorts, adjusting his glasses.
"Come on, Bastapans! Give me a REAL fight!"
At that point, he seems to finally spot Lucifer, his eyes darting towards him. He grins.
"Ah, you. I thought you were leaving, but I see you brought friends. Scared you won't measure up?"
"No, just saving you the humiliation of having some prettyboy beat you at your own game in front of countless dozens of beautiful Bastapans. At least with friends, it'll look like you put up a fight instead of getting your backside handed to you on a silver platter."
"Ugh, give it a rest, you stupid idiot! You've dragged us around like your servants, subjected us to your stupid unfair deals and made us work for someone like you! At least make it QUICK, stupid!"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:01:50 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 14, 2020, 08:55:15 pm »

Keith shoved his way to the front of the group and raised a hand to point at the baron.

"Ignore the guy who stole my face, he's sitting this one out. You're fighting the American Wolfhound, four eyes, and I'm going to clothesline you so hard your buddies there will sell it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 15, 2020, 04:17:24 am »

Asuna grinned as she approached the ring, pulling up to the side of Keith.
:"Hmmm... you know, I'm still not satisfied with my earlier performance against the Falkar."
:"I think the blunt side of my sword heading thirty-two kilometers an hour at somebody's skull would be a good way to flip that over. What do you think about that, Keith? Or... perhaps... the Baron and entourage?"

This may not quite have been Asuna's normal demeanor, but she found that few things hyped up her confidence like a threat or two of ultra-violence.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: January 15, 2020, 04:37:32 am »

The Baron seems far from intimidated. In fact, he seems almost impressed.
"Ah. So this is what you bringing? Your twin brother and some girl with a toothpick?"
His entourage just look to each other, before back at the group.
"If Bastapa had more people like you, it'd be a lot more interesting. Exactly what will make this country great again!"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: January 15, 2020, 04:53:58 am »

Still influenced by the alcohol, Yliss is just going with the flow, not caring where they are going and just enjoying the bliss (and buzz).
She had silent "waos" and gleaming eyes once they entered the stadium as she looked everywhere and got overwhelmed by all the sensation, architectural marvel and populace that the place is currently offering.
Then she heard Lucifer and that blue-clad douche shittalking and Keith joining in. That's pretty much enough for her to know what's up, so she decides to walk up next to Asuna, almost tripping when she stopped moving.

"Whoa, the floor's shaky..."

After making sure she has her balance in check over the next two seconds, she looks up and points towards the Baron.

"Yo, blueberry. Sorry that I'm kinda drunk right now..."
"... then again, me being drunk will not be a handicap. It's more like an equalizer, ya get mah drift?"

Then, Yliss slowly but surely shifted her pointing finger towards the red-haired woman next to him.

"I don't approve to your pottymouth though. Better get into your mistress' chamber after the match so you can get whipped into discipline again."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:59:22 am by SirAston »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 328